Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

2H Sword and Heavy Armor for Knight Type in 2020?

AdenoAdeno
Mabinogi Rep: 1,595
in General Chat
Hello! I'm just curious what is the best functional heavy armor and 2h sword for 2020, at least for my situation. I'm a warrior/knight type so I try my best to not get magic skills at all or any weapon that has nothing to do with swords. I just happen to prefer 2H swords. I'm also trying to avoid magic and other things like that in the way I play my character. Maybe I'll rank up those other skills, but my priorities are the physical combat stuff, which I've mostly ranked up to 1 now thanks to the current extra skill exp event. ("Fantasy Life, I like being a knight and a musician!).

I just got back to playing this game after leaving back in 2010, so currently I'm stuck using my Dustin Armor set and Dragon Blade 2H Sword.

Is the Dustin Armor set still effective if I ever decide to continue playing the story? (The last story I played was G3 I think, Dark Knight Transformation for others).

I'm looking at the auction house of the game and I see all sorts of cool looking heavy armor and weapons. Some of them have similar stats to Dustin Armor, while others are just around 2 or 3 points higher in protection/defense. Is there really a lot of difference between old armor that starts with 6 Defense/2 Protection and some of the newer ones that have 7 or even 11? I was hoping I could still go for "looks" instead of having to worry about if stats are worth abandoning my favorite Dustin Armor or similar sets.

The new armor that currently caught my eye is the Geas or the Ultimate Geas armor. They look pretty neat, but of course expensive. Is that the "end game" armor?

What about 2H swords? I saw the Frosted sword and the Fanatic one. Are they better than a Dragon Blade 2H?

Anyway thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Thanh86Thanh86
    Mabinogi Rep: 715
    edited August 29, 2020
    Adeno wrote: »
    What about 2H swords? I saw the Frosted sword and the Fanatic one. Are they better than a Dragon Blade 2H?

Fanatic Greatsword with Silence enchant is not bad choice. Frosted Borealis Blade would be waste to human.

Everything Special Upgrade-able 2H is better than Dragon Blade, excluding Black Dragon Knight's Giant Sword and Forest Ranger Two-Handed Sword.

I never seen Special upgraded Dragon Blade, yet if that even possible.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    I use saint gaurdians full armor with Frosted Borealis Blade. It's good enough especially with all the reforges and enchants.
  • AdenoAdeno
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,595
    Thanks for the answers!
  • ThortheinfiniteThortheinfinite
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,120
    so wich is better? Frosted Borealis Blade or Fanatic Greatsword?
    Thanh86 wrote: »
    Adeno wrote: »

Fanatic Greatsword with Silence enchant is not bad choice. Frosted Borealis Blade would be waste to human.

why is the Frosted Borealis Blade a waist on humans? it seems to do higher damage, despite not beeing able to get the smash bonus
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Thread closed due to necrobumping.
    Crimsọn
This discussion has been closed.