Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

More stackable items please

EvilJinnEvilJinn
Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
edited September 13, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
As I was working through my inventories today, I came across more items that just love to eat up inventory space. May I suggest making some of these stackable or higher stack counts.

girgashiy materials
passes
empty bottles
bottled water
bottled milk
fragrant honey water
fragrant honey milk
magic powder
small green, red, blue, silver gems
potions (all types) <---all of these types on hotkeys would be nice too, including poison potion, wound remedy, antidote potion, full recovery potion
cm gems for ego
bandages (all types)
phoenix feathers (all types)
elemental removers
taitinn carp
piece of an ancient spirit fossil
tin potion
ghost fluid
giant potato
repair kits
homestead seeds
upgrade stones
acorn bento boxes
spirit transformation liqueur
elementals
arat crystals
bundle of flowers
shiny gold thread
likeability potion
fomor tokens
magical golden thread
magical silver thread
finishing thread (all types)
bars (iron, copper, silver, gold, mythril)
spirit stone
empty spirit stone
spirit liqueur
holy water
massive holy water
physical power potion
magic power potion
magic speed potion
wings of a goddess
base potion
tendering potion
potion of proficiency
production failure potion
high speed and special high speed gathering potion
friend summons capsule
bugles
larva cocoon
royal jelly
dead bee
fresh honey
movement speed potion
buff potions (all types)
remote coupons
bombs (all types)

Comments

• MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited September 11, 2020
    The Meow was just about to start a thread like this, as the QoL update surely gave a kick for such thoughts.
    We might also have stack count increase for Golden Apples, Cuilin Stones, Sliced Meat, Golden Eggs, Pieces of an Ancient Spirit Fossil, and any stackable fishies aside of Taitinn Carps (if there are any). And maybe some more things.

He does not fully agree to Empty Bottle and Bottled Whatever stacks. They are pretty like Magic Powder, but do not be deceived. Although Magic Powder can be equipped, it isn't actually considered an equip in terms of putting it into a Clothing Bag. The Luxury one, yeah? And it doesn't even have an in-game display model. While bottles do have one and can be put into that bag. That probably means that the codes for such things as Magic Powder, Bottles, and also Handicraft Kit, are all rather different, which makes it harder to bring these to a convenient trade-off state. Harder, but not impossible.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Why do we need higher stacks of dead bees?
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890

Inflation

I would still like Fireball/AR/Ice Spear/etc pages to be stackable someday, but the current stacking update is a huge relief as it is.
    KensamaofmariBronzebreak
  • EvilJinnEvilJinn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    I know they are basically useless at this point but it would be nice to see an event storyline where darkness has descended across the land and is killing off the bees. We would need to collect dead bees as specimens to help lift the darkness and restore balance. Until then, we'll just go with I'm a hoarder. XD
    KensamaofmariMusicat
  • MusicatMusicat
    Eralea wrote: »
    I would still like Fireball/AR/Ice Spear/etc pages to be stackable someday, but the current stacking update is a huge relief as it is.
    The only reasons for stacking those pages can be selling or gifting them in a bunch. If you are going to use them for yourself, you won't probably need more than one.
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited September 12, 2020
    EvilJinn wrote: »
    I know they are basically useless at this point but it would be nice to see an event storyline where darkness has descended across the land and is killing off the bees. We would need to collect dead bees as specimens to help lift the darkness and restore balance. Until then, we'll just go with I'm a hoarder. XD
    That's a nice idea. The Meow approves.
    Else, we can have a handicraftable dead bee style item for glasses/headpiece slot, with a very low chance of success, thus urging us to find more than a single dead bee.
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited September 14, 2020
    Onyx! I, uh, just thought we could have bigger stacks of it too.
    Bronzebreak
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    At this point, I think it's better to ask if certain things even need a stack limit, rather than to ask for a raise, and then eventually asking for more raises on stuff as we get more content.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited September 17, 2020
    At this point, I think it's better to ask if certain things even need a stack limit, rather than to ask for a raise, and then eventually asking for more raises on stuff as we get more content.

It can't be infinite, of course, but if they use unsigned long int's it can be a stack of up to 4,294,967,295, which ought to do in spades. Even now, Adventurer Seals, can stack to 10,000, which means probably it's an unsigned int which can have a maximum of 65,535. Even the smallest non-finagly space allocation, unsigned char, can go up to 255, which is good enough for most things.
  • Atheist42Atheist42
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Also need more stacking of iron bars, branches and/or bundles of flowers.

Think about making a blossoming cage. That requires:
    *20 branches. Currently stack to 5, and take 2 inventory cells per stack, so that's 8 inventory cells.
    *50 bundles of flowers. Currently stack to 5. One cell per stack. 10 cells.
    *10 iron bars. Don't stack. 2 cells per bar. 20 cells.
    *20 common Cuillin stone. 10 per stack. 1 cell per stack. 2 cells.
    *5 sundew. 1 cell.

So you need 41 inventory cells to hold all the ingredients to make one blossoming cage.

A newish player who hasn't yet acquired some storage bags has to fit this into 60 inventory cells. Newish players also probably won't have pets with inventory space yet, and since they're still learning the game they can already have problems with overflowing inventories, since they don't yet have the knowledge of which of items to sell rather than store for later use. So building a blossoming cage can be a painful experience.

Lifting the stack size on branches and bundles of flowers is probably a fast fix and does reduce the problem. The ideal solution would include making iron bars stackable, but I'm guessing switching an item from non-stackable to stackable may take longer to implement.

And yes, the ingredients for the Flowery Blossoming Cage take even more space, but I figure a player who can obtain all the ingredients for one of those is a more advanced player who is likely to have access to more storage bags, which makes the process a bit easier.
  • Atheist42Atheist42
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    edited September 17, 2020
    Helsa wrote: »
    ... but if they use unsigned long int's it can be a stack of up to 4,294,967,295, ...
    Hi Helsa.

Since you're referring to particular integer types, does this mean you know what language Mabinogi is written in? If so, can you share? I've been avoiding making language-specific comments since I don't know what language is used.