Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Rest: Collection & Option to manage the Chair

DJsanwitDJsanwit
Mabinogi Rep: 960
in Feedback and Suggestions
I been see the event and gacha that give lot of chair but there no a function that make them... a bit convenient? stylist?
So let make it more easy to use and stylist so you can sell AFK like a boss with your favorite chair by...

Add new tag for chair in Dressing room and add genre by seat number...Because i got like... 1 large pet full of chair...
And add a "Manage" Button (Like Dance of the Death skill) to the Rest skill for player able to select their favorite chair and make it appear when they using a Rest skill...Because when we go AFK or do stuff i usually press the Rest skill hotkey not open the inventory and click the chair item it's just too pain...
NegumikoAlmostNotsuperBronzebreakMusicatKensamaofmari

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I would love to see a option to put chairs in the dressing room and using them directly from there. my soul stream inventory bag and star bag are filled with only chairs and the more events and gacha we get the worst it gets.
    Bronzebreak
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Dedicating part of the Dressing Room to Chairs is a good idea. Chairs are a purely fashionogi item that have no other anyway, so there's no reason not to do this.

The part about adding a manage button to the rest skill is unnecessary. They could add an equip slot for chairs, which I think would be simpler and more reasonable, but I don't think we need even this. Just having a place to collect chairs so they aren't clogging up inventories would be great.
    BronzebreakMusicat
  • DJsanwitDJsanwit
    Dedicating part of the Dressing Room to Chairs is a good idea. Chairs are a purely fashionogi item that have no other anyway, so there's no reason not to do this.

The part about adding a manage button to the rest skill is unnecessary. They could add an equip slot for chairs, which I think would be simpler and more reasonable, but I don't think we need even this. Just having a place to collect chairs so they aren't clogging up inventories would be great.

The reason why i suggest the manage button part is if your inventory become like mine you probably don't want to open and find the chair every time when you need to use it right?

You can just store your chair in the dressing room and set the Rest appearance by press the manage button and select the chair that you store in dressing room, And just using the Rest skill when you going AFK.

Why not make more extra slot for it?... Because it already store in dressing room and link to the manage button isn't it easier? better than need to pick it out from dressing room and equip it, If it's that way we still need those chair in our inventory to equip it right?

Here is my inventory with all the bag and you will see the Chair only bag in the top-Left and middle-top. And i store the other chair in a Cheetah pet.
    aa479e51c75af056673efb087a3d2035.png
    bf19d5ae0308391a08c9e500e92a995c.png
    Bronzebreak
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited September 28, 2020
    DJsanwit wrote: »

The reason why i suggest the manage button part is if your inventory become like mine you probably don't want to open and find the chair every time when you need to use it right?

You can just store your chair in the dressing room and set the Rest appearance by press the manage button and select the chair that you store in dressing room, And just using the Rest skill when you going AFK.

Why not make more extra slot for it?... Because it already store in dressing room and link to the manage button isn't it easier? better than need to pick it out from dressing room and equip it, If it's that way we still need those chair in our inventory to equip it right?

Here is my inventory with all the bag and you will see the Chair only bag in the top-Left and middle-top. And i store the other chair in a Cheetah pet.

The Meow could find all the chairs in @DJsanwit's bags at the first glance. It mustn't be a problem for the owner especially. It is true about storing chairs, however, but The Meow cannot remember anything that would be linked to items in the Dressing Room directly, allowing to use them without collecting. There's probably no such code in the game. Subject @AlmostNotsuper's suggestion sounds the most optional at the moment. If you have a chair equipped in a special slot, it will be there until you unequip it, thus not making you sacrifice your bag space. And you may replace it with another one the same way you change your outfit - by taking another one from the Dressing Room and putting the current one there. The Meow thinks there's also no mechanics that allow any state changes during Rest.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I suggested this with weapons.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Why the heck you would need to carry 30+ chairs on you at all times? Lmao.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Because...FASHION.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    For Chairity purposes.
    Musicat
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Because...FASHION.

You can still put them in pets... Unless you do nothing else, but afk 24/7 and switch between chairs every hour or so rofl.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Because...FASHION.

You can still put them in pets... Unless you do nothing else, but afk 24/7 and switch between chairs every hour or so rofl.

If Martinis didn't expire and you had a bunch, this would make chair switching valid.
  • DJsanwitDJsanwit
    Musicat wrote: »
    The Meow could find all the chairs in @DJsanwit's bags at the first glance. It mustn't be a problem for the owner especially. It is true about storing chairs, however, but The Meow cannot remember anything that would be linked to items in the Dressing Room directly, allowing to use them without collecting. There's probably no such code in the game. Subject @AlmostNotsuper's suggestion sounds the most optional at the moment. If you have a chair equipped in a special slot, it will be there until you unequip it, thus not making you sacrifice your bag space. And you may replace it with another one the same way you change your outfit - by taking another one from the Dressing Room and putting the current one there. The Meow thinks there's also no mechanics that allow any state changes during Rest.

I think it's possible to make a "Detect" function from dressing room like when we changing the dancing style with manage button of the "Dance of the death" skill.
    For example Chair A is in the dressing room = true > Rest button click = get chair list=true from dressing room > make available chair (true) visible = true.

Since i don't expert in programing but i think it possible to make it judge from the past work(another function of mabinogi), And i don't understand what do you mean by "allowing to use them without collecting. " I mean... yes... they need to collect them in dressing room first before they can see them available in Rest Manage button...

And yes.. the idea of "AlmostNotsuper's" is sound easy to make it possible but the follow problem still didn't solve be cause we still need them(chair) always on inventory anyway... so i just suggest this manage button to fix both problem in one....Wasn't it more challenge to make some new function (the link from dressing room) to fix a lot of problem all in one? better than just fix visible problem then another problem popup?

And about the outfit/weapon putting in dressing room and make the char appearance change by not taking it out compare to the chair with manage button... yes it's haven't been see in this game....but why not make it happen?
    Since this is a suggestion to make new stuff happen not...recycle the old code to make new stuff happen you talking like a student that copying a old code and just change the graphic to make it new thing for school homework/project.
    I don't think that just copy/paste edit is all the ability that Nexon programmer/game designer or whoever that have responsibility/ in change with this job only have..I didn't say like you got to make it happen because i just want it... But i just want the game to look more interesting with fashionnogi player or whoever that love the art/design of the game and love to have them or get them with their money or gold...
    If i just don't like them.... I can just don't touch the chair function because it's too pain for me to click//just normally use rest, Or can just normally play as usual...
    ...So if you think the idea sound nice... just considerate it and make it happen for the good of both side...
    And for the other player that suggest/support the idea is a good thing to have a lot of adjustment to the main idea for them(Nexon) to reconsider this suggestion....Just... don't stop keep it coming if you love this idea of mine or you have better way to improve it. You may you this idea on your project too... so keep your brain running!
    And sorry for my English am Thai so we don't really using English here except for work or stuff that need to be in contact with it...