Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

We need a MUSIC forum!

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited October 18, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
Since Nexus's sunset into pure static archivedom - I have noticed in the last few months that some users have been posting their music videos or compositions in the General forum. While I have no problem with this, I however believe it's high time that we finally implement a permanent section to this forum that features music conducted from Mabinogi. We could have sub sections for MML's and Music Videos, or even just keep it simple and put a MUSIC category under Community.

Honestly I think the latter would be perfect and simple because we have the ability to search threads in this forum, and also bookmark threads. People could come up with topic threads like this is the SAO mml's or this is the Inu Yasha mml's thread. I would recommend allowing the threads with singular topics to be bump/updated with mml's long down the road should people feel inclined so we can avoid duplicate threads.

Basically Mabinogi needs it's own permanent music home where people can post their stuff. The forums could easily provide the freedom to do so. Yeah it might require a little daily moderation, but honestly it wouldn't really increase anyone's responsibility by that much (imoljbhlol).

31F509ED3C3E0A325FD2C8A44FB008FB55222432

Please consider this suggestion. I really think this could be a good thing to finally have. :)

- Crimson of Nao

AdenoSpeddy54KensamaofmariNegumikoSherrijosie_maybHarukariHelsa
  1. Should we have a MUSIC section in the forums?10 votes
    1. Yes
       90% (9 votes)
    2. No
       10% (1 vote)

Comments

• AdenoAdeno
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,595
    I agree! One part of Mabinogi that is very interesting and fun is the ability to play music and even compose your own stuff to play with others. It's only natural that people would want to share the the musical joy they have with others as well. A nice little Music section would be wonderful for these Musical Milletians :)
    Crimsọn
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Revive the music community!
    Crimsọn
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    i'm surprised we don't already have one, sounds like something the forums would have to begin with :l
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited October 15, 2020
    Well, since we don't presently have such a forum, why don't we start with a Music thread and see how well that flies. If it does or doesn't that should be telling, don't you think? Maybe start with a few threads: original music, anime arrangements, gaming music arrangements, movies and TV arrangements, other arrangements. How's that sound?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 15, 2020
    Helsa wrote: »
    Well, since we don't presently have such a forum, why don't we start with a Music thread and see how well that flies. If it does or doesn't that should be telling, don't you think? Maybe start with a few threads: original music, anime arrangements, gaming music arrangements, movies and TV arrangements, other arrangements. How's that sound?

That would be a disorganized mess. :D
    KensamaofmariHelsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Those are likely topics in a music forum. We could start with a single pinned thread in Fan Creations. That should give a good indication about the idea.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Those are likely topics in a music forum. We could start with a single pinned thread in Fan Creations. That should give a good indication about the idea.

I think we should just skip that test phase entirely tbh.
    Helsa
  • josie_maybjosie_mayb
    Mabinogi Rep: 305

I think both Art and Music should have their own forums but it makes more sense to start with a thread and let it grow from there. I'm new, how easy is it to get a pinned thread put up?
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 22, 2020
    josie_mayb wrote: »

I think both Art and Music should have their own forums but it makes more sense to start with a thread and let it grow from there. I'm new, how easy is it to get a pinned thread put up?

i'm unsure.. can volunteer mods do it or is it just CM's? does anyone know? it makes sense for only CM's/nexon staff/etc. to be able to though
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Who said dreams don't come true?
    CrimsọnKensamaofmarijosie_mayb
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 23, 2020
    Yay! Thank you. :)
    Helsa
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Should there be a thread for converted music score code?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 23, 2020

Should there be a thread for converted music score code?

Make it. :)

Plus it's implied. If your thread is popular enough you can always request a pin. In fact that's probably a good way to have subcategories for certain things. Lets just start contributing and see where this goes eh?
    Helsa