Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pet Summon Lag

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
in Bugs and Glitches
Issue: Currently, summoning a pet causes lag, in that the character cannot do actions for a few seconds after the pet is summoned.
This includes attacking, moving items in inventory, using Fynn Bead Skills, and many other actions.
The issue extends to pets summoned through Friend Summon and also applies to summoning Doll Bag dolls.

What happens: The character experiences lag preventing many actions for a few seconds after summoning a new pet, or other type of summon, preventing many actions from being performed immediately after summoning.

What should happen: There shouldn't be any abnormal lag caused by summoning.

Server: Nao
IGN: Teraschione

But geez how do you get proof of this.
Others have corroborated this lag, so I know it's not just me.
Can others also attest to this?
It feels like it was recently added with this most recent maint, but I've felt some kind of lag for summoning pets for a while, but this has definitely been exacerbated recently.
IncubiAlchNegumikoSoren0x0x0x

Comments

• IncubiAlchIncubiAlch
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    The issue is extended to the Alexina server as well. It has nothing to do with a person's ping, as I know two people, 1 who lives 40 miles from the Nexon NA headquarters, and 2 who is on the east coast.
    1 is experiencing pet lag.
    2 is saying they don't see any issue.

The lag started for me on the last update, along with the car pets coming out. It also occurs upon desummoning as well, so it's making it near impossible to run endgame content or solo the harder dungeons.
    Negumiko
  • SterbenGunSterbenGun
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    oh i was looking for this post cuz im really tired of this lag i hope nx fix it soon...
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I am noticing this issue on Alexina. although in my case the issue is minimal with summoning pets and more noticeable when I cancel a pet summon. sometimes there is around 5 seconds of lag where you can't mount the pet right after it is summoned. also if I summon my warp imp and click his warp skill right away it takes about 5 seconds for the window confirming you want to warp to the saved location to appear.

these is no lag in combat when not using pets and no inventory lag so this seems to be a pet thing. maybe there was a glitch when the new pets were added as this appears to have started right around the time they released a new pet gacha.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    As an update, I decided to test out on all of my other characters, and strangely they don't have any issues.
    Though they don't have doll bags that I can test, they didn't have any abnormal lag when summoning or desummoning normal pets.
    Of course my main character is still experiencing this lag, it's strange how it's not seemingly related to the pets alone, but is a result of something about the affected characters, possibly.

I mean my main is a lot of stuff the other characters on the account aren't, but it'd be hard to pinpoint what about that character could cause an issue, especially since it seems to have been caused recently, like since the most recent maintenance.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Didn't notice any pet summon lag specifically, though I have noticed overall server laggyness instead. Sometimes I get really bad delay to the point that I could barely move around.
    Helsa
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Okay I just noticed, but this extends to even summoning a Marionette.
    Boy howdy, I'm glad I don't normally use puppets, cuz this'd make bringing them out and switching them out just about unusable during combat.
  • Soren0x0x0xSoren0x0x0x
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    edited December 13, 2020
    Yes please fix this it's getting annoying

(In fact so annoying this is my first time posting)
  • NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    nexon pls respond

i cant pet spam to stun golems in kraken
  • HekatrisHekatris
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    I can also confirm that there has been a really odd lag between when I try to mount my pet and when I am actually able to do so. Hopefully, it can be fixed as it is really quite annoying.
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    edited January 2, 2021
    I would like to chip in my experiences with this as well. Getting similar issues, trying to mount a pet right after summon is impossible either. Have to wait roughly 5 seconds before I can do so otherwise nothing happens or it is somehow 'too far away' despite spawning nearly on top of me regardless where I am. Loading any skills during this time also does not happen and will only activate the first skill issued. Such as summon then quickly using meditation and manashield, only one will activate on its own after the delay while the other is ignored.

Additionally noticing this lag when I summon a Luminous Catsidhe. Occasionally summoning it will for some reason force my client into a disconnect. It doesn't happen immediately but instead while everything else 'happens' from my client but nothing will successfully send such as movements, clicks, etc. It's as if upload just ceases and the client gets disconnected due to zero response to the server. This causes me to sit in limbo for up to 30minutes before I can even log back in and gets very frustrating. If I issue a "/logout" during the bug it will eventually kick me out just before the disconnect happens but it isn't reliable.

Right now sitting here unable to log in. Friends don't even see me as logged in anymore yet I still cannot do so and instead requests I set a 'secondary password' which is the usual 'already logged in' response of late.