Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dan Tests: Advancement Method REDUCTION

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
in Feedback and Suggestions
It's bad enough that we have to deal with crap ping and slow skill loading times (because we have waaaaaaaaaaay more landmass than KR). We make it work eventually. But for the love of the goddess can you PLEASE MAKE IT ONE AND DONE??? It is so painful that when you finally pass the dan 3 that you have to do it twice, it was hard enough doing it once especially with the crap rng at the helm and tons of other stupid variables.

Lets knock that down to pass it once on SS at dan 3 and you're done with that skill.
ShiryllianRadiant DawnMarsBarsFromTheStars
  1. Reduce Dan 3 SS requirement to 1/1 instead of 2/2?12 votes
    1. YES
       83% (10 votes)
    2. No
       17% (2 votes)

Comments

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Just remove the time limit and it would be perfect.... maybe little pop up when you get to A and S that say do you want to continue doing the test to the next rank?
    CrimsọnAtheist42
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 13, 2020
    Just remove the time limit and it would be perfect.... maybe little pop up when you get to A and S that say do you want to continue doing the test to the next rank?

Nah that's too baby spoon fed even imo. Just trying to eliminate some redundancy.
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    You aren't meant to pass on the first try. Ranking a Dan skill is something that is meant to take weeks with many attempts. It represents the absolute pinnacle of the skill's power, not something you just pick up at the market. Most tests actually involve quite a bit of RNG to ensure it takes multiple attempts.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Timefall wrote: »
    You aren't meant to pass on the first try. Ranking a Dan skill is something that is meant to take weeks with many attempts. It represents the absolute pinnacle of the skill's power, not something you just pick up at the market. Most tests actually involve quite a bit of RNG to ensure it takes multiple attempts.

I am talking about dan 3 where you have to pass with SS rank 2 times. What I am proposing is that be reduced to just once. You're still required to do it but you don't have to rank SS twice. Let me know if you require further explanation.
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Ah, my mistake, I didn't see the sentence in bold. Which is odd, because bold should be easier to see, right? XD
    Crimsọn
  • ShiryllianShiryllian
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    I completely agree, especially since some Dan tests are kinda useless to do anyway because they hurt you more than help.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 14, 2020
    Shiryllian wrote: »
    I completely agree, especially since some Dan tests are kinda useless to do anyway because they hurt you more than help.

Yeah it's overkill, it's hard enough to get SS rank even once. So I believe you should only have to do it once. I mean they don't make you pass your driver's license test twice to get your license. lol.
    Radiant Dawn
  • NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    Hmm.. Maybe make it 1 time for 1 2 3 dans and then add a FOURTH DAN

THE DIAMOND DAN 2 times SSS grade at 15000 and give us 5.5 minutes.

jokes aside

While I can agree somewhat with the driver's license analogy, I would argue that a driver's license isn't exactly an "achievement"

If I have dan 3, I want to be COOLER and STRONGER than the person who couldn't manage dan 3.

I just wish they would let us take more than 1 test per day cause I have nothing to do after doing all my dailies.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited December 15, 2020
    Anything that is too RNG-dependent has more to do with LUCK than SKILL;
    Calling it a SKILL to have obtained Dan 3 rather than LUCK is a serious mis-nomer.
    Make it LESS LUCK-based (too much dice-rolling involved) and MORE SKILL-BASED (one example-game that is much closer to purely skill-based is chess and should be something more chess-like).
    Nemesis wrote: »
    I have nothing to do after doing all my dailies.
    Now that's just silly; you could still do the stuff in this spoilers-list...:
    ➡ Wash the dishes
    ➡ Dry the dishes
    ➡ Put away the dishes
    ➡ Clean the kitchen
    ➡ Do the laundry
    ➡ Fold the clothes
    ➡ Hang the clothes up in the closet(s)
    ➡ Put the clothes away into the drawer(s)
    ➡ Sweep the floor
    ➡ Vacuum the floor
    ➡ Mop the floor
    ➡ Clean the windows
    ➡ Polish the vases
    ➡ Finish your homework
    ➡ Mow the lawn
    ➡ Rake the leaves
    ➡ Take out the garbage
    ➡ Fill up the compost-pile
    ➡ Give the dog(s) a bath
    ➡ Give the cat(s) a bath
    ➡ Feed the cat(s)
    ➡ Feed the dog(s)
    ➡ Feed the bird(s)
    ➡ Feed the chicken(s)
    ➡ Feed the pig(s)
    ➡ Feed the duck(s)
    ➡ Feed the cow(s)
    ➡ Feed the sheep
    ➡ Milk the cow(s)
    ➡ Feed the horse(s)
    ➡ Take the dog(s) out for a walk
    ➡ Shovel the horse-droppings
    ➡ Shovel the [insert all animals listed above] droppings
    ➡ Shampoo the carpet(s)
    ➡ Dust out the rug(s)
    ➡ Dust the furniture
    ➡ Clean the bath-tub
    ➡ Clean the bathing room
    ➡ Re-fill the pitchers with cleanly filtered drinking water
    ➡ Double-check for expiration-dates on any food in the fridge
    ➡ Write articles as to where in the world the letter d went when spelling it as refrigerator and why !
    ➡ Oil the hinges
    ➡ etc
    In any case, I say there is too much to do in a day these days, even if you're only on one character:
    ➡ PTJs are on-going and can be repeated every 36m per earth-day
    ➡ Squires complete their stats-training every 36 earth-minutes
    ➡ Rare (or at least semi-rare) materials (such as those wabbit-pelts for home-stead pet-rest stations) consume a LOT of hunting time with endless re-spawn cycles
    ➡ The missions to obtain Echo-Stones require many repetitions to get optimum stats-rolls
    ➡ Alban-Training Missions also take some time to get decent drops
    ➡ The Arc-Lich Sketching Exploration-Quest frequently takes a few hours for maximum Exploration-Levels
    ➡ Re-listing fast-selling products for sale onto the A-H can also take some maintenance-time
    ➡ Replenishing fast-selling wares to re-list onto the A-H can also take up daily maintenance-time
    ➡ The amount of endless back-to-back-to-back Events also adds further to daily activities...

I obviously need to find more people with «nothing to do» so that I can get them to do my menial-tasks...
    (Although in reality I will probably go the self-learning artificial-intelligence robots route for my maids/butlers/etc)
    Crimsọn
  • NemesisNemesis
    ok but we're not talking about skill vs luck
    we're talking about the number of times you need to do it.
    it's also not entirely luck dependent imo. sure luck makes it easier but it boils down to how well you know AI and skills.
    Only a few skills (lrod, magnum, probably something else) are mostly luck based.

Only worthwhile event so far has been black combo card but they put a limit on points after level 12, so .. like ok that was lame.
    I don't know any worthwhile PTJs unless you're farming holy water and holy flame. Also, I don't really count that towards stuff to do since you just dig for potatoes for about 30 seconds and wait 5 minutes.
    I haven't seen a single person do alban in ages
    AH... no that's just not a daily task to do.
    Hunting for mats when afk events pop them out by the dozens? I have stacks and stacks of fynn mats that I don't need. Prices are worthless so can't be bothered to sell.

I'm talking about daily things with more of a sense of achievement compared to mindless tasks.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    You're asking for too much, I'm just trying to make them budge a little on this.
  • NemesisNemesis
    I didn't ask for anything. I was just replying to the person who told me there's actually stuff to do in this game.

I don't really think there's anything wrong with the dan tests right now. sux if u cant do em but others can so i dont see a problem here
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 7, 2021
    Nemesis wrote: »
    I didn't ask for anything. I was just replying to the person who told me there's actually stuff to do in this game.

I don't really think there's anything wrong with the dan tests right now. sux if u cant do em but others can so i dont see a problem here

It's not a matter of whether one can do them or not, it's about reducing the dan test for each level to pass it once and done. Why do we have to do it twice? It's irritating, especially if by some miracle you pass the dan test for magnum shot dan 3 once. Then you have to do it AGAIN??? No, just no. Get rid of that bs!

I don't care if we had those advancement tickets, I still want this implemented.
  • Atheist42Atheist42
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    It's bad enough that we have to deal with crap ping and slow skill loading times (because we have waaaaaaaaaaay more landmass than KR). We make it work eventually.

If you think that's bad you should see what it's like from outside North America.
    I mean they don't make you pass your driver's license test twice to get your license. lol.

But in many countries, when you're old, you need to resit a driving test every year or two to keep your license. So unless you want to have to redo the Dan tests to keep the Dan level, this is probably not a good analogy to use.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Atheist42 wrote: »
    It's bad enough that we have to deal with crap ping and slow skill loading times (because we have waaaaaaaaaaay more landmass than KR). We make it work eventually.

If you think that's bad you should see what it's like from outside North America.

All the more reason.