Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Glyph Lore Rank 3

EsutericEsuteric
Mabinogi Rep: 500
in Help
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me understand how to "make a normal or better Grand Blago for Pencast." I am trying to complete the quest to rank up Glyph Lore to rank 2. Anyone's help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    I can't even get past the second quest q,q
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited January 23, 2021
    You need to make Grand Blago wine over at the Commerce Imp using Blago Noir grapes.
    And then you wait.
    23~24 hours later go back and do the Barrel Replacement Mini-game, and hope you do it well. (Practice first, don't have the speed too slow and don't miss too many sediment blobs).
    And then wait again, 23~24 hours. Replace the barrel again, and wait ANOTHER 23~24 hours.
    And repeat, until the stats on the wine would count as "normal" for Pencast's rewards.
    You can check out some example reward requirements over on Pencast's Wiki Page

Wine Making sucks, and takes a long amount of real-life time, and it's easy to mess up and end up with worthless wine, so if you don't want to do this for this AND the next rank (next rank you'll need Errans Cru wine), you can use Skill Training Seals to add up to 100 skill exp and skip it.
    But without those, you'll be stuck slowly making wine...
  • ImplodeImplode
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    You need to age the wine, which requires you to wait IRL days. I am unsure what age the wine needs to be in order to be considered normal, age 20 is 1.4 IRL days. I have heard someone say 3 days for the quest but I cannot verify this.
  • VanHalenVanHalen
    How are we supposed to turn in the wine? I've waited about up to Age 42 and tried giving him the wine but he spit it out.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    What constitutes a "Normal" bottle of wine?

I only did Wine making when it came out, where you could get it from Rank F to 1 in 30 minutes.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited January 26, 2021
    What constitutes a "Normal" bottle of wine?

I only did Wine making when it came out, where you could get it from Rank F to 1 in 30 minutes.

I believe normal counts as the point where Pencast gives you two of those special SM passes.

Check Pencast's Wiki page, the section concerning Wine rewards, for more specific details.
    I think an Aging Value of ~40, about 3 days worth of waiting, is enough if you don't replace the barrel too late and don't lose too many Acidity/Purity Points during the replacement minigame.

So for both rank 3 and rank 2, it'd probably take a week to make the two "normal" wines Pencast asks for. (Grand Blago for r3 and Errans Cru for r2)
    VanHalen wrote: »
    How are we supposed to turn in the wine? I've waited about up to Age 42 and tried giving him the wine but he spit it out.

If this happened, it means your wine was too low quality.
    Aging is important, but it seems more like Pencast cares more about the lowest value of your wine, so having a high Aging, Freshness, and Acidity, means nothing if you have very low Purity.
    Try to keep Acidity, Purity, and Freshness as HIGH as possible while aging slowly increases. Don't let any of them fall too far. Acidity is probably going to fall by at least 2 points every replacement minigame, and Puritiy will fall for each mistake you make during the replacement minigame, but Freshness should stay at 100 if you aren't late on starting the barrel replacement. Don't let more than 24 hours pass since the last replacement.

Doing it this way, it'll take 3 days to make wine that Pencast will accept for the quest.
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    edited January 27, 2021
    You can skip skill ranks by using training seals. Eavan sells training seals. To skip an entire rank, it will cost 300 Second Vouchers.

You get up to 10 Second Vouchers from completing Alby Normal Hard Mode. (Make sure you've registered your character for the Dungeon Guide at Eavan before running)

This means you can skip a rank of any skill by running Alby Normal Hard Mode about 30 times.

(You can only gain 100 Vouchers per day, so this will take 3 days)
    nikyah