Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Equipment changes and Revamp ideas.

SyruneStarlightSyruneStarlight
Mabinogi Rep: 770
in Feedback and Suggestions
So with the amount of content now in the game a lot of weapons and equipment have become pretty redundant.

Essentially been thinking that changes are needed to bring old weapons back to life and have a use in later game. Examples would be as follows:

1: Dual Wielding Revamp - Basically just add more weapons to the dual wielding pool. Giants dual wielding 2handed Swords for example or Elves dual wielding Daggers, dual wielding Rapier's too, heck there's a lot of ideas that could be implemented here.
2: Rebalance older armours and weapons, give them a use, especially for those that can't really afford the new gear, or put the time in to grind out the mats for themselves.
3: Add more Blacksmithing/Tailoring manuals to make more equipment more accessible, wouldn't mind seeing more of the Special outfits that keep constantly being locked behind paywalls appear as crafting manuals.
4: Make all equipment dyeable, pretty sad to see that I still can't dye a Vales Shield...

The following from this point isn't to do with equipment, just some other changes/additions I'd like to see added.

1: Hardmode for ALL Uladh/Iria Dungeons. Maybe revamps to Longa, Maiz, Karu and Par while we're at it.
2: Bring back some old Events that had exclusive items.

Also this might be a bit of an odd idea, but the Dragon Ruins between Dunbarton and Bangor, can we get a new dungeon there or something? Just feel like that place needs something more to it after so long.
Negumiko

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    these ideas are interesting. a lot of the old content could be improved. I would like to see thing like Iria Commerce, more adventure seal quests added and the adventure seal shop revamped, and the old transformations Paladin, Dark Knight, Falcon, and Beast improved. as for items it would be nice if the Adventurer's L-Rod came back as a event reward or became a permanent item in the adventure seal shop. it was originally in the Spring Tea gacha in 2017 but it is a incredibly useful item for finding artifacts in Iria and I have always felt like it should have been a permanent item free players should have a chance to get.

also I really like the Dragon Ruins dungeon idea. it would be cool to see some progress made in that area and have a cool new dungeon. Mabinogi already has enough content to be successful, it feels like now is the perfect time to actually go back and look at old content and improve it. almost nobody does commerce anymore, adventure quest are boring, shadow missions are boring, and dungeons are boring and offer crappy reward so players rarely do them unless there is a event requiring it.
  • ManhiemManhiem
    Mabinogi Rep: 565
    Be careful what you wish for. About 3 years ago, Nexon went back and "revamped" the Uladh dungeons, apparently
    to make them harder just for the sake of making them harder. And they stripped the herb patches out of most of
    them in the process. Was it an improvement? Not really. It just forced me to use shadow missions to develop new
    characters. So, the "revamp" actually made them less useful, not more interesting.
  • SyruneStarlightSyruneStarlight
    Oh I'm well aware the Uladh Dungeons are terrible now, they definitely need changes, along with the Iria Dungeons. Heck revamp the dungeons so each Dungeon has unique resources for certain Talents. There is literally hundreds of ways the Dungeons could be made better than what they are now. (And for love the god, please remove the damn expiration times on Dungeon Passes, it's ridiculous that they even have these to begin with.)

For examples:
    Alby - Tailoring
    Ciar - Carpentry
    Barri - Blacksmithing
    Fiodh - Apothecary

Commerce I definitely agree needs a huge rework. More bandit tiers, more goods, more trade zones/routes (Iria Trading is good idea), more skills(?) and a rework to Bandit Hunting so it doesn't depend on players losing goods, Commerce just goes dead if no one is doing it.

Also another few things I've been thinking about and that's the addition of more Homestead stuff, namely the following:

1: Poison, Antidote, Mandrake and White Herb Patches
    2: Homestead Dungeon - Customizable by the owner of the Homestead
    a: You'd kill enemies for a chance at capturing it's soul.
    b: Customize spawn patterns and which order they appear in.
    c: Choose the Boss and dungeon Backdrop (Alby Appearance for example).
    d: Customize difficulty (Gold reward is set on Difficulty).
    e: End Chest has Homestead Materials as random Rewards.
    3: Better resource regeneration, real-time day limit on a lot of these is just horrible.

Truth be told I could actually talk for hours about changes/additions this game could do with.
    NegumikoManhiem
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Also another few things I've been thinking about and that's the addition of more Homestead stuff, namely the following:

2: Homestead Dungeon - Customizable by the owner of the Homestead
    a: You'd kill enemies for a chance at capturing it's soul.
    b: Customize spawn patterns and which order they appear in.
    c: Choose the Boss and dungeon Backdrop (Alby Appearance for example).
    d: Customize difficulty (Gold reward is set on Difficulty).
    e: End Chest has Homestead Materials as random Rewards.
    3: Better resource regeneration, real-time day limit on a lot of these is just horrible.

Truth be told I could actually talk for hours about changes/additions this game could do with.

true homesteads could use a lot of improvements. I have been waiting a long time for Poison, Antidote, Mandrake, and White Herb Patches to eventually come out. first it would actually encourage players to hunt for herbs since you need 30 herbs to create one patch and second herb patches take up a lot of room so it is not like many players will have room to farm a lot of these anyway. there is really no downside to adding those herb patches at this point.

I like the homestead dungeon idea as long as the entrance doesn't take up much room on the homestead. this feature might be better if we got guild homesteads first. it would allow guilds to build dungeons and you would have friends to play them with.

also another thing we need is a 1x1 homestead mail box. there are times where you could be in a area without a mailbox and it is inconvenient to go and check one (like when in Tir Na Nog for example). it would be much better to have the option to quickly go to our homestead and check our mail.
  • ManhiemManhiem
    Mabinogi Rep: 565
    I like the homestead dungeon idea, also. It would solve one of the problems that all of these MMO games have,
    which is that the players eventually reach the end of the content. If every player makes his own dungeon, and
    you have 10,000 players... XD The only problem that I see with this is that if you want people to play through
    your dungeon, you have to give them access to your homestead. Some people don't like trespassers.

The other major problem with a lot of MMOs is stratification: eventually, you have trouble integrating new
    players because all of the old players have high level characters, and new players have trouble catching up.
    I have ideas about that, too, but you can't correct the problem after it appears. You have to design your game
    so that it doesn't become a problem to begin with.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited February 24, 2021
    So with the amount of content now in the game a lot of weapons and equipment have become pretty redundant.

Essentially been thinking that changes are needed to bring old weapons back to life and have a use in later game.

1: Dual Wielding Revamp - Basically just add more weapons to the dual wielding pool. Giants dual wielding 2handed Swords for example or Elves dual wielding Daggers, dual wielding Rapier's too, heck there's a lot of ideas that could be implemented here.
    2: Rebalance older armours and weapons, give them a use, especially for those that can't really afford the new gear, or put the time in to grind out the mats for themselves.
    3: Add more Blacksmithing/Tailoring manuals to make more equipment more accessible, wouldn't mind seeing more of the Special outfits that keep constantly being locked behind paywalls appear as crafting manuals.
    4: Make all equipment dyeable, pretty sad to see that I still can't dye a Vales Shield...

1. Alright. But, why? When we have weapons like the Divine, Perseus, Celtic (these have dual-wield sets and the mats are farmable in Shadow Missions), and Revenant sets, why would anyone -- who does content, mind you -- care to pick up a set of dual-wield daggers? If you're not suggesting an upgraded set of weapons to go with it, this just sounds more like an aesthetic/role-play/just-because-why-not request wearing the cover of being combat-focused.

2. Colossal Valiance has always been a great staple set for giants and the materials are laughably obtainable through Shadow Missions. Languhiris armor set served well for humans (yet, their materials are raid drops), but Elves and Humans pretty much never had easily-obtained, decent, craftable armor in the first place, so I think you could be on to something there -- but, I don't know what you're actually asking. Just saying "rebalance" doesn't specifically clarify what you're taking issue with. Rebalance, how?

3. Well, that'd probably interfere with their profits. They make money off of selling gacha-exclusives and re-selling them later. This is why you won't see haunted Enchants drop in game. Regardless, most people look at things like Saint Guardian and ogle it over it being "the best (tm)" when it's basically just a max rolled Languhiris armor with its Attack Speed Set Bonus amped up to 10 instead of 4. So, it basically just frees two Suffix Enchant slots on shoes and gloves that would usually just be "Owl" enchants rolled at a 3 (3 + 3 + 4 = 10) for the attack speed set bonus, which isn't too bad considering glove suffix is either "Backbreaking/Camo" or some gacha-exclusive enchant. Point is, this would basically just serve to re-allow access to older gacha fashion, but for free. (If you don't have time to grind mats for gear, why would you have time to grind mats for the fashion? Do you think they'd just throw the manuals in and not also put both the materials and manuals behind more RNG? Have you tried grinding for the Succubus Fiend Dress pattern? It'd be just like that.)

4. Neither for nor against.
    1: Hardmode for ALL Uladh/Iria Dungeons. Maybe revamps to Longa, Maiz, Karu and Par while we're at it.
    Revamp, how? I've also thought the Iria continent has basically been reduced to only seeing use when they need a tedious quest for us to go through in a main story quest or skill quest. But, what would they do with it that already hasn't been satisfied through Uladh? More importantly, what would incentivize people to do the dungeons (longer than a few days)?
    2: Bring back some old Events that had exclusive items.
    They been doing that since forever. Neither for nor against, but wouldn't that defeat the point of them being exclusive items?
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505

Terrible terrible idea. These are the only herbs remaining that are worth decent money, because other herbs can be infinitely farmed in homesteads. If you added homestead patches for these herbs, prices would fall to 1k per herb, and nobody would be able to make any decent money from herbs anymore. Best to leave at least SOME materials difficult to get, or life skills will end up useless again like back in 2012.
    I'll start with Momma_Sophie's post.

1: I admit, Dual Wielding changes are more cosmetic purposes overall, but the idea of Dual Wielding Borealis Blades or Despair Blades just seems ultimately fun.

2: With the older armors, I was a bit hasty to post with just "Rebalance" an no additional infomation, that's my bad. But anyways
    a: Rebalance older Armors Sets to include Magic and Magic Protection, maybe buff base stats on older gear with later gear having better upgrade paths - essentially just make older armours less useless and more viable for newer players.
    b: Set bonus re-evaluation: An example, take Colin Plate, has Stamina Usage Reducation and Explosion Defense, while Valiance only has Absorbtion, possibly consider rebalancing Armor Sets to have less/more set bonuses, with later game armor being more beneficial in terms of overall use.

3: Wishful thinking this one mostly, but there are some manuals I feel should be added, a good example is the Abyss Dragon Armor/Full Armor sets. Truthfully I don't mind Cosmetics being locked behind a paywall, it's when stuff with actual use gets put behind those paywalls that I get a bit... irritated, overall this idea isn't really worth digging into.

4: As for the Iria Dungeon Revamps, just make them fun again, change up the rewards, toughen up the enemies. Honestly I can't really think of anything good to add to this idea, Iria's Dungeons were completely untouched when Uladh's Dungeons got revamped, so I don't really have a good thought here.

Now for Timefall's post, honestly I don't see that as a bad thing, herbs aren't that great a money maker to begin with. A lot of materials in-game are still ridiculously hard to obtain and have way greater value. I guess it'd take away the need to run dungeons for the rarer herbs, but you'd only really be missing out on Antidote Herbs. Mandrake can be obtained through Synthesis, White Herbs from Polar Hornets in Silva Forest and Poison Herbs can be easily obtained through Shylien Ecology. So I don't know, I fail to see how adding the rest to homesteads would be a terrible idea.
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    herbs aren't that great a money maker to begin with. A lot of materials in-game are still ridiculously hard to obtain and have way greater value. I guess it'd take away the need to run dungeons for the rarer herbs, but you'd only really be missing out on Antidote Herbs. Mandrake can be obtained through Synthesis, White Herbs from Polar Hornets in Silva Forest and Poison Herbs can be easily obtained through Shylien Ecology. So I don't know, I fail to see how adding the rest to homesteads would be a terrible idea.

Easy to say when you don't sell herbs. "It doesn't affect me, so it's fine if they change it". For anyone who makes 100m / week from Mandrakes alone, it would be devastating. Nobody would buy them if they could just pick them from homesteads with Phantasmal Sight. It's important to consider how a suggestion would affect other people.

There was a similar change long ago, when they altered the recipes for HP 300 potions. So much money was lost because of that.
    Timefall wrote: »
    herbs aren't that great a money maker to begin with. A lot of materials in-game are still ridiculously hard to obtain and have way greater value. I guess it'd take away the need to run dungeons for the rarer herbs, but you'd only really be missing out on Antidote Herbs. Mandrake can be obtained through Synthesis, White Herbs from Polar Hornets in Silva Forest and Poison Herbs can be easily obtained through Shylien Ecology. So I don't know, I fail to see how adding the rest to homesteads would be a terrible idea.

Easy to say when you don't sell herbs. "It doesn't affect me, so it's fine if they change it". For anyone who makes 100m / week from Mandrakes alone, it would be devastating. Nobody would buy them if they could just pick them from homesteads with Phantasmal Sight. It's important to consider how a suggestion would affect other people.

There was a similar change long ago, when they altered the recipes for HP 300 potions. So much money was lost because of that.

Ok few things here:

1: I do sell herbs regularly, they aren't as lucrative as you might think.
    2: Phantasmal Sight isn't something a new player is going to have right away, this is near end-game techniques.
    3: I am thinking about other players, namely new ones, herbs aren't going to be a decent money maker for a player than outright can't gather the later herbs. This only stands to affect late-end game players.

The easy solution to adding the rest of the herb patches to homesteads is revamp Potion Making:

1a: Give us the options to make SE/RE Potions and make them tradable.
    1b: Give us the options to make more Combination potions
    1c: Give us the options to make various Status Removing potions: Example - Anti-Sulfur Poisining Potion
    2: Give us 500, 1000 and 2000 potion variants
    3: Make Potion Making actually useful to a player and the economy.