Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Leather farming should be based on Life Skills

HipalHipal
Mabinogi Rep: 410
in Feedback and Suggestions
Currently the situation as I assess it is.

Leathers are overvalued and at low stock because people who spam Shadow Mission mainly high level players neglect the Leather drops.

The only real way a Life Skill player can farm Leather is to rank Cooking, rank Ingredient Hunting, pray they are not high on CP, use a tendering Pot and farm Bears which still has low drop rates.

I think its about time this should be solved through introducing Tanning. Stop basing stock of a Mat based on players that don't care about it and instead enable Life Skill players to farm Leather themself.

ps. I went through the entire day buying Fine Leather of Auction and it was empty after around 200pcs bought. RIP Blue Prism.
  1. Is current situation regarding Leather stock and value fine ?1 vote
    1. Yes
       0% (0 votes)
    2. No
       100% (1 vote)

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    That sounds like a great idea!
  • ManhiemManhiem
    Mabinogi Rep: 565
    There definitely needs to be some change. Fine and Finest Leather and Straps are used in so much of tailoring and smithing, and they are very hard to acquire, or incredibly expensive. I could see tanning being an option, if animals dropped skins or pelts, but they don't. Are you suggesting that that be added, as well?
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,220
    I'm for being able to skin animals for hide and leathers with the gathering knife but the devs aren't for it according to how they word the cheap leather description. It'd be great if they treated it like firewood and let you combine for higher quality.
  • ManhiemManhiem
    Mabinogi Rep: 565
    edited March 7, 2021
    Cho wrote: »
    I'm for being able to skin animals for hide and leathers with the gathering knife but the devs aren't for it according to how they word the cheap leather description. It'd be great if they treated it like firewood and let you combine for higher quality.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that you actually have to skin the animal. I was thinking it would just be a drop, like a Large Meat or something. In order to actually skin it, you'd have to have a corpse, and corpses go "poof". The devs definitely aren't going to let you skin an animal while it's still alive.

I doubt that they'd let you combine lower quality pelts to get one of higher quality, but I have seen a game where you could use the equivalent of a gathering knife to lower the quality of an existing skin.