Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Need a Scythe talent

ChoCho
Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
in Feedback and Suggestions
Scythes have been around for a while in Mabinogi and Vindictus. Maybe they were meant to be two-handers elves could equip but they don't compare to the celtic two-handers that elves can use. They don't have a mastery so they lose 20~30 damage from that. They have a weaker step 5 Red Upgrade for no reason at all. If it's because they're a 3-hit weapon, Knuckles have 2-handed Red special upgrades and they're 5-hit weapons.

It would be cool if they had their own talent but what if Scythes could just use Chainblade skills. Scythes could be a melee version of Chainblades that scale Dex-Int

Chain Impale could be melee-range like a Scythe Bash
Chain Crush would just be close range and put enemies into stun during animation similar to Somersault Kick
Chain Sweep would have less cast distance and range
Anchor Rush could be a Scythe pole-vault that flings you to the targeted location.
Spinning Slasher would be half the range
Raging Spike, Death Mark, Chain Burst, and Bachram Explosion wouldn't change

I think you could just give Scythes the Axe Mastery Talent and regard them as Axe-Chainblade hybrid weapons like other hybrid weapons such as the guard cylinder and merlin knuckles.

IGN: Choten
Server: Nao

Comments

• DrunkenSheepsDrunkenSheeps
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Ooooor we could just make a new talent altogether from the ground up and make a spinning scythe windmill that can move like the breakdance skill? Maybe a Reaver skill that sucks life from their opponent as they hit them and once Rank 1 siphons mana or stamina as well. All of those skills you added to be a reaper talent skill are already a talent skill for the chain talent...That wouldn't count nor would it be hybrid due to the several other talents. This would also have to be discussed among the board of directors in the development studio which are like the top designers of the entire lineup of the game's classes...It'd take awhile to perfect the talent let alone implement it into the game later...

If you're talking about a skin with a special stance rather than the already used two-handed scythe equipment then yes I'd be down with that I love chain-sickles they are like my favorite ninja-esque weapons.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Harvesting? :P

(Yes, I know that's a skill rather than a talent, but Cooking would've been too vague.)
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Scythes having their own talent would be my dream come true...
    *points at Jevil Deltarune*
    i wanna be like him >:(