Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bank Limit Revamp

MichaelLewisImNotCoolokMichaelLewisImNotCoolok
Mabinogi Rep: 910
edited May 2, 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions
So as most would know There is a Limit to how much you can hold in a bank up to 200m for 10 Characters and then 10m per character. so taht mean if you ever wanted to buy a item say Kraken heart for 1billion. u need 1 Billion in checks cause you literally cant get 1billion unless you have this many characters to raise bank limit... ok a bit far fetched players will buy that many for a bank limit. Though some people have O.O not really a shocker. anyhoo.. now what if u wanted buy those endgame knuckles Persus tormented knuckles for say 2billion.. ok how am i going trade 2 billion for knuckles i need 200 characters? or maybe i need alts to make trades to the person. Ok now alt account are aginst TOS also you would need mods to make them...still 2billion people manage it. so then how about a destruction robe. what if i dont wanna buy mats to make it and i wanna buy outright for 2,300,000,000 GOld thats its worth in JUST the broken essence alone. How am i or anyone else to do that. The only players that have no problem with these issues are players who want to sell with real money or know how to mod to Finagle the system.
Crimsọn
  1. Do we need a Bank Limit over haul10 votes
    1. YES there so much i cant buy with a 200m limit in the bank.
       50% (5 votes)
    2. MAYBE add a option like on Maple store where you sell items for nexon cash to use for only Nexon.
       30% (3 votes)
    3. NO We like game at 200m so we can use our paypal and mods to get capital gains
       20% (2 votes)

Comments

• ManhiemManhiem
    Mabinogi Rep: 565
    The bank limit used to be about 5M per character. Once they raised it to the current limits, inflation became unbelievable. Raising the limits again would likely price new players out of pretty much everything. New players would have a really tough time buying even low level matts for crafting as it is. It would be pretty much impossible if we had another round of inflation. :(
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    The bank storage capacity was raised from 5M to 10M as a result of the Nao merge. It was a kludge employed by Nexon to solve the problem of having more gold on the combined servers than a single bank could hold problem. When Alexina is eventually merged in they'll likely raise it to 20M for the same reason.
    MichaelLewisImNotCoolok
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 3, 2021
    Look I hate putting up ads just to get trolled by some greedy opportunistic excrement stain. I would rather just buy what I want directly without attempting to contact the seller. See that 1b divine weapon with all the upgrades? Sold! No checks, no trolling, no getting ignored. Done and done. Let's cut out the middle dude and get back to playing the game.

Unless you want us continue being tempted with RMT. Release the limits.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited May 6, 2021
    Or, we can continue with ideas that reduce the overall costs of items we want to buy so that we don't need a limit cap in the first place.

Poll: "Agree with me or you're a bad person."
    No, thanks. All options are wrong in some way/not a solution and disagreeing doesn't make me a bad person.
    MichaelLewisImNotCoolokCrimsọn
  • MichaelLewisImNotCoolokMichaelLewisImNotCoolok
    Or, we can continue with ideas that reduce the overall costs of items we want to buy so that we don't need a limit cap in the first place.

Poll: "Agree with me or you're a bad person."
    No, thanks. All options are wrong in some way/not a solution and disagreeing doesn't make me a bad person.

That was'nt my intention... is that how it comes off?
  • MichaelLewisImNotCoolokMichaelLewisImNotCoolok
    Helsa wrote: »
    The bank storage capacity was raised from 5M to 10M as a result of the Nao merge. It was a kludge employed by Nexon to solve the problem of having more gold on the combined servers than a single bank could hold problem. When Alexina is eventually merged in they'll likely raise it to 20M for the same reason.

Is there more you know? do you know anything Korea doing? i heard that their in the works in Korea to deal with this issue too. But i dont know how read Korean
  • DelitusDelitus
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    There is some work being done to change gold handling (point 175 of this list), although the exact details are still quite vague. The proposal is that gold will be changed to work similarly to ducats - but the interesting part is that the maximum limit you can carry on your person will scale based on your total level. Assuming this limit is separate to the bank gold limit that we currently have, it could potentially mean greatly reduced reliance on bank gold storage over time. There is not enough concrete information to say for sure though.
    Sherri
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    As I've mentioned on another thread, perhaps as a workaround they could create a "bullion" item (one that would (A. have a resell value equal to its purchase price, (B. have either no deposit fee or a fee based on your current gold deposit fee, and (C. would be sized according to its value).
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Delitus wrote: »
    There is some work being done to change gold handling (point 175 of this list), although the exact details are still quite vague. The proposal is that gold will be changed to work similarly to ducats - but the interesting part is that the maximum limit you can carry on your person will scale based on your total level. Assuming this limit is separate to the bank gold limit that we currently have, it could potentially mean greatly reduced reliance on bank gold storage over time. There is not enough concrete information to say for sure though.

honestly, gold limit based on total level sounds really interesting.. though i think it would work better if instead of being on hand gold, it was bank gold so spending time on account alts and leveling them up actually has SOME meaning.. im sure a lot wouldn't like it but i'd love some incentive to log onto my human more often :D
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    If implementing this would destroy money that folks already have because their level isn't high enough then that might drive people away from the game. Not all rich folks are cheaters and the richest of all, the whales, are the very folks financing the continuation of this game. If THEY get driven away then it's Good Night Mabinogi.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 6, 2021
    Delitus wrote: »

convenience part
    Gold item reorganization (reducing the size of the gold coin itself, improving the convenience of the gold coin pocket) answer. We will change gold to simple numerical data, such as ducats, rather than in the form of items. There will be a limit on the maximum amount a character can carry, and the limit will increase depending on the accumulated level.

Bank limits also based on accumulative level? That would actually combat the bots a bit too. Freaking awesome. Lets get that update over here immediately.

I just hope it doesn't DECREASE our current limits. I hope we will still have the current system PLUS accumulative level. Because I am sure as hell not leveling up all my bleeping alts. Thanks.