Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Let's earn points today glitch

MeaveMeave
Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
edited April 22, 2021 in Bugs and Glitches
Evidently something is wrong with the Let's earn Points today mission from the Quality time with Pets event. I have had my pet out well over 30 minutes and it has yet to give me the points. Please help
bluejv

Comments

• KarauriKarauri
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    I'm having the same issue today :/
    bluejv
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    edited April 25, 2021
    I had the same issue, but I figured out how to get around it. I switched to a different channel (I am usually on Nao ch1 and I just switched to ch2), summoned and kept my pet out for 30 min and it completed the quest. Maybe try that, and/or keeping a different pet out.

EDIT: Today I did not switch channels, but instead kept a different pet out and the quest completed, so maybe just keeping a different pet out is the way to do it. If it still doesn't complete, then doing the method above should hopefully work.
    bluejv
  • DancerhaukDancerhauk
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
    let's earn points I've tried summoning out a new pet and run it out of time I've tried changing channels the quest is broken so I don't get my points today or what.
  • YuriHimuraYuriHimura
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    Having this problem too, wasted an hour on one of my pets.
    bluejv
  • bluejvbluejv
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    I had this issue earlier today as well. This time I had to switch pets 3 times in order to complete the quest. I don't have many pets to begin with, so this might prevent me from completing the event.
  • DancerhaukDancerhauk
    so I've got my puzzle piece and I've switched channels and run out three pets and still the quest is not completeing ......HELPPPPPP.....
  • DancerhaukDancerhauk
    edited May 4, 2021
    here we are Mabi day number four and still the quest isn't working if your not going to fix it then shut the game down. I'm tired of coming to the forums to complain and getting no where if you can't run an event that's fair and works for everyone then you don't need to run the event.
  • bluejvbluejv
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Issue is still happening for me. At some point during the weekend it worked on the first pet, but yesterday it took 4 summoned pets for me to complete it. =(
  • MeaveMeave
    it happened again to me today so far I am on pet number3. This is awful
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    The event isn't bugged, people just don't know what the completion trigger actually is.

The quest looks for the moment your pet earns pet rebirth points from staying summoned. Therefore, for that requirement to clear, your pet must still be able to earn those pet rebirth points. Each pet can only earn points 10 times per rebirth.

To check for this, right-click your pet and select "View Status". Hover over the Percentage bar on the top right panel and look for the line that says "Keep a pet summoned for more than 30 minutes. +400".

HFpxM.png

Mine says 4/10, so I can still use this pet for the quest.

If your counter has reached 10/10, you can't complete the event daily quest with that specific pet unless you rebirth it and reset its points.
    Yokkaichi
  • MeaveMeave
    AH thank you I didn't realize there was a limit before it reached the 10,000. completed the quest yesterday on the 3rd pet. So it is a moot point now. But thanks you so much