Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Soluna Blade inquiries

FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
edited February 14, 2017 in Help
First of all I will not ask about the circumstances that rose relating to the game item recently and I respectfully ask that people who will participate in this discussion also digress from that.

Now then on to the subject, Soluna Blade seems like would take a long time to be held and that's apparent but it also seems like it's obtainable without using real-life money (Correct me if I'm wrong on that one) But I would like to ask some things since I'm still ignorant to some things in Mabinogi:

1. How rare are the materials needed? (Especially Dawnblade, Duskblade)

2. How difficult is the Rabbie Phantasm Dungeon? (I rarely go dungeon crawling (If that's the right term) and have only went to all the newbie dungeons and Rabbie plus I'm more of a Holy Water Seller than anything else. You can probably tell from that that I'm pretty much weak)

3. What's the equivalent weapon of Soluna Blade? (If one were to trade I mean)

4. How much gold would it be sold for?

5. What's the best armor to compliment it?

6. Is the effort worth it?

7. Is this weapon that incredibly cool, cooler and coolest? (SAKAMOTO-KUN~)

Definitely not going to attempt to smith it but if I had the capped skills for it then I would probably make a long investment for it (Not using real money of course)

Comments

• KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited February 14, 2017
    Gl to anyone in NA getting it the legit way.

You still won't be able to 1 hit everything with it, so not worth it.

I Don't even think anyone in NA will EVER get it.
    NeynaSaffronBeigePannyaFilthyRedDevilZeo
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    1) Very, very rare. Even the materials you need 100 each of (Solite/Lunite) are very rare.

2) Difficult, and also very punishing if you're making mistakes. High-end players can still die easily, so tactics and/or teamwork are key to having an okay run.
    But still difficult, and expensive to create the pass to run it in the first place.

3) Equivalent? Like "TF> Soluna Blade"? I don't think there's any equivalent that'd match up to all the effort you'd need to make it.

4) I have a feeling that if anyone were to "sell" this weapon to another player, it wouldn't be done in in-game currency. (even though RMT is against the rules)

5) Like, purely look-wise? Uh... well, that's relative I guess.

6) Probably not for many people.

7) Uguuuuu
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    1. My phantasm group has been doing nearly weekly runs since the dungeon was released and we've yet to see any material drops for us. I've also yet to hear of a blacksmith manual for the sword itself to appear in any of the servers, which presents a problem for making it.
    2. A lot of monsters are damage sponges who hit like a truck, and the sub-boss can destroy groups who don't use caution. It's difficult, but an organized group can clear it no problem if you've done it before and have decent damage against the monsters.
    3. There aren't any weapons I can think of that have that high of a damage value which can also be upgraded, and the rarity of materials make it not have much of an equivalent to anything in the game aside Divine weapons from Squires.
    4. No clue on a manual's cost, but going off prices I saw for materials in Belvast (Alexina) over the past half year I'd say total cost would be 500 million gold. Thing needs 200 material items that cost too much.
    5. I think the Lanuhiris Chaser armor would look nice with it.
    6. If you're a min-maxer, MAYBE. Otherwise I would just sell off materials to someone who wants to throw a bunch of time into it.
    7. It's coolio.
    Alof
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I have ONE lunite out of all the runs I have done with players. ONE. I know of another player that has one lunite as well. On my server we are trying to keep a database of people who have materials and there seems to be a collective effort to produce at least one of these blades for our server. When and if this blade has been created I hope it will go to a responsible guild leader for safekeeping.
    XeniceFaithrend
  • Crisis1Crisis1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    @Buffalo
    a manual has been found :). can confirm
    Nifanity
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    1: gathering mats will probably take 10 years if not longer
    2: nigh-impossible without having spent billions of gold or huge amounts of NX on reforges and enchants and stuff like that (and even then it's insane)
    3: there is none, nor will there ever be probably
    4: not even an entire server would be able to pay for it in gold
    5: I think it's mostly a matter of taste, though stat-wise rka, languhiris or bafel would go well with it
    6: no, just no
    7: it looks totally bad-ass

long story short, don't bother running for the blade and just keep playing casually or do other stuff
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Crisis1 wrote: »
    @Buffalo
    a manual has been found :). can confirm

1 part down, 251 to go. Nice to know it's real, but yeah...
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    Why even bother with the Soluna blade when a Black Dragon Knight's Giant Sword does almost as much damage and can be had in player shops for about 150,000 gold.
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited February 14, 2017
    AgentJean wrote: »
    Why even bother with the Soluna blade when a Black Dragon Knight's Giant Sword does almost as much damage and can be had in player shops for about 150,000 gold.

It's got windmill and bash enhancement, and it's normal speed, so it can take advantage of the buggy bash spam. It's also got peircing, and can be special upgraded, you can even put enchants on it.

So Basically, it's a very normal 300+ attack weapon with everything MLG tryhards want on it.
    SaffronBeigeXenice
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    1: gathering mats will probably take 10 years if not longer

Jeese I seriously hope it won't take that long. I have high hopes for this game but Na doesn't usually keep games that long. They really need to adjust the drop rates for our region.
    GretaZeo
  • SheraShera
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    The only man who's made the sword in the entire game, every region spent over 7,000USD to get the sword, and took 8 months with an obscene amount of people helping. You'd probably need to get everyone on Alexina working together and MAYBE after a few years you'd get there but... It's not likely.

It's likely always going to be the in game equivalent of Excalibur in real life, a legend in a faraway land.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited February 14, 2017
    there's actually people who think it's possible to have crafted this sword already....
    NifanityFaybal
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 14, 2017
    This item is not worth any time, money and patience. I would give it 0 worth because you probably will lose sanity before getting it.
    Xenice
  • Crisis1Crisis1
    edited February 14, 2017
    Just wait another 2 years. It will probably be in the gacha.
    CrimsọnNifanityXeniceFaybal
  • LapraypreyLaprayprey
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Drop rate for the Soluna Blade materials is pretty absurd, so far my group only found 1 Solite drop after about 100+ runs. So it's definitely not worth running Rabbie Phantasm if you are solely going after the Blade. It is worth running though if you want to run it for the sake of funs / dank memes or going after step 7 upgrade stone materials or some of the end game enchants that Nexon decided to put in the Eweca Orb just to toy with players' efforts. Resistance, Contradiction, Genius enchants are still only obtainable from Rabbie Phantasm so hopefully that would shed some light on running the dungeon (enchant drop rate is pretty absurd as well).

As for the Soluna Blade itself, currently there's no weapon in game that can match its max damage (given the proper enchants and upgrades) other than that 1700 max Elder's sword which the Elder used in your RP mission in G21.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited February 14, 2017
    In that theory, why no Bhafel/Lang stuffs in gacha?

• Crisis1Crisis1
    cause there's already a NX item that relates to it :o. dragon summon gives u mats.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 14, 2017

This.

UO3B0Ha.png

Oh boy this ended up in the help forum because of reasons.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited February 14, 2017
    cause there's already a NX item that relates to it :o. dragon summon gives u mats.
    Then it has to be mats rather than blade itself in gacha then :p
    or re-release Unlimited Dungeon pass or release Phant pass from Cash Shop.
    Xenice
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890

lol that's what I said when I heard of the incident.

Nexon has always done this - release rare crafting-only items, then 2 years later release a gacha with either the items or their mats.

Forever regret not making and selling my Large Ribbons back when they were 5mil ea
    Relinquished
This discussion has been closed.