Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Base Herb Help

merybevofnaomerybevofnao
Mabinogi Rep: 300
edited June 24, 2021 in Help
Hey there!

Recently returned player here :)

I've been working on my homestead, and one of the things that is available for building is a base herb plot (30 base herbs needed). I know that I can find base herbs in certain dungeons, but I received a couple days of trade restriction, due to purchasing NX Credit as soon as I made an account. (I used it for a Clover Pig...lol)

Due to the trade restriction being put in place, I am unable to enter dungeons to get these base herbs for about two more days. I checked Mabi Wiki for information on other locations, but the Base Herb page seems to be out of date. It says that I can find patches growing in:
-Dunbarton
-Dugald Aisle
-Gairech Hill
But I did not find any at these locations. Edit: I have been informed that my rank is not currently high enough to see these patches. I will update when it is so that the rank is known. :)

"Rank F Herbalism is required to spot Base Herb patches in the outdoor field. However, it is not required to gather from them.
These patches are not visible; the spot is labeled "Base Herb." Holding the Alt key hides the patch name"

- Mabi Wiki Herbalism Page

Any information on where I can locate Base Herbs outside of dungeons would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    edited June 22, 2021
    Yes, there are base herb patches in those locations. It may be that your herbalism rank is too low to see them with the naked eye. You may need to walk around those areas watching your cursor until you see it change to a hand. Or it may just be that you are looking in the wrong spot. I'll log into game and take a few screen shots and add an edit for you.

Too bad you're on Nao (assuming by your name) or you would be welcome to strip my homestead of all the herbs that you need. They sit there unpicked day after day. Maybe someone on Nao would be willing to let you pick herbs from their homestead. It would be worth putting up a party ad.

Edit: Screenies below. I am standing in the midst of the herb patches in each one.
    Logging camp. Herb patches are throughout the forested area.
    zSN1Tys.jpg
    Dunbarton. Patches stretch to the Western cliffs by all the bears.
    QHbLqbV.jpg
    Gairech Hills:
    cnsYvEP.jpg
    Tir Chonaill. Patches are in the deep grass.
    N3Xbucp.jpg
    merybevofnao
  • merybevofnaomerybevofnao
    aeternitis wrote: »
    Yes, there are base herb patches in those locations. It may be that your herbalism rank is too low to see them with the naked eye. You may need to walk around those areas watching your cursor until you see it change to a hand. Or it may just be that you are looking in the wrong spot. I'll log into game and take a few screen shots and add an edit for you.

Too bad you're on Nao (assuming by your name) or you would be welcome to strip my homestead of all the herbs that you need. They sit there unpicked day after day. Maybe someone on Nao would be willing to let you pick herbs from their homestead. It would be worth putting up a party ad.

Edit: Screenies below. I am standing in the midst of the herb patches in each one.
    Logging camp. Herb patches are throughout the forested area.
    zSN1Tys.jpg
    Dunbarton. Patches stretch to the Western cliffs by all the bears.
    QHbLqbV.jpg
    Gairech Hills:
    cnsYvEP.jpg
    Tir Chonaill. Patches are in the deep grass.
    N3Xbucp.jpg

Thank you for replying! I did not realize that my Herb Gathering skill rank would affect my ability to see the herbs. I greatly appreciate the screenshots and will save them for future reference :)
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    edited June 23, 2021
    Edit: I have been informed that my rank is not currently high enough to see these patches. I will update when it is so that the rank is known.

According to the wiki's Herbalism page:
    Rank F Herbalism is required to spot Base Herb patches in the outdoor field. However, it is not required to gather from them.
    These patches are not visible; the spot is labeled "Base Herb." Holding the Alt key hides the patch name.
    merybevofnao
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    base herbs also drop often from killing Bandersnatch zombies in the Par Ruins dungeon.
    merybevofnaoaeternitis
  • merybevofnaomerybevofnao
    aeternitis wrote: »
    Edit: I have been informed that my rank is not currently high enough to see these patches. I will update when it is so that the rank is known.

According to the wiki:
    Rank F Herbalism is required to spot Base Herb patches in the outdoor field. However, it is not required to gather from them.
    These patches are not visible; the spot is labeled "Base Herb." Holding the Alt key hides the patch name.

:O Which Wiki page did you pull this quote from? So I may update the original post :) Thank you!
  • aeternitisaeternitis

:O Which Wiki page did you pull this quote from? So I may update the original post :) Thank you!

https://wiki.mabi.world/view/Herbalism

I have updated my reply to include the link as well.
  • KBaLLeR69KBaLLeR69
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    Hey there!

Recently returned player here :)

I've been working on my homestead, and one of the things that is available for building is a base herb plot (30 base herbs needed). I know that I can find base herbs in certain dungeons, but I received a couple days of trade restriction, due to purchasing NX Credit as soon as I made an account. (I used it for a Clover Pig...lol)

Due to the trade restriction being put in place, I am unable to enter dungeons to get these base herbs for about two more days. I checked Mabi Wiki for information on other locations, but the Base Herb page seems to be out of date. It says that I can find patches growing in:
    -Dunbarton
    -Dugald Aisle
    -Gairech Hill
    But I did not find any at these locations. Edit: I have been informed that my rank is not currently high enough to see these patches. I will update when it is so that the rank is known. :)

"Rank F Herbalism is required to spot Base Herb patches in the outdoor field. However, it is not required to gather from them.
    These patches are not visible; the spot is labeled "Base Herb." Holding the Alt key hides the patch name"

- Mabi Wiki Herbalism Page

Any information on where I can locate Base Herbs outside of dungeons would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

If you're on Nao server, feel free to add me and you can pick the base herbs there. KBaller69 as well as Diablo66669 goes for anyone who might need to rank up herbalism, potion making, or hook up their homestead. o/
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Once your are of high enough level to see the patches this won't be an issue any more. I only ever used Dunbarton, remember you can just switch channels if they're all played out. It's not like there's a whole bunch of folks using them at the same time.

I made my own guild so that I could access my alt homesteads. One is a full-on herb stead, two are cloversteads (just green herbs). Naturally, during the present event, I chose "make 5 potions" as my daily. I pop into the herbstead, gather five red and five green, and I'm done in no time. Making potions can be queued. Cooking can't.