Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

receiving homework materials(free baits and stuff)

noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
in General Chat
Today I've met 3 people that dont know about it and they are still stuck in fishing, with some complaining that fishing for the rare fish is so hard and requires coins.(cause it feels weird to see people still doing the fishing part while I'm on my 3rd day catching bugs) I had to explain that you can get as much baits, woodchips and L-rods you could ever need for free 3 times. (I wish I just copy pasted it which is why I'm copy pasting stuff I typed on discord, also not sure if there is a limit to how many of the free baits and stuff we get haven't tested that yet)

So this is basically just to inform those who doesn't know about it yet, you can get additional baits, woodchips and L-rods by scrolling down clicking "receiving homework materials" then selecting the homework materials you need. I think you will only get additional materials if u no longer have any of it left in your inventory, you selected the right materials needed to complete homework and you haven't turned in or completed the quest for that day.

some people may have given up on this event not knowing this
  1. Is this helpful3 votes
    1. Yes
       0% (0 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)
    3. I'm having a hard time understanding your post
       0% (0 votes)
    4. free stuff exploit it get as much coins oh wait I might not need this much coins
       0% (0 votes)
    5. anyone knows if there's a limit
       33% (1 vote)
    6. meh not doing events
       0% (0 votes)
    7. they really should add remove an option in making polls, I cant believe I did this mistake again
       67% (2 votes)

Comments

• YellowBinYellowBin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    If it's worth anything I used up 300 fishing bait in a day trying to see if an item rod affected rates for the quest fish. Consistently it did. So requesting for more materials is at least 5, pretty sure there might be no limit.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 1, 2021
    I don't think this event was explained well AT ALL.

The part where you are supposed to complete each of the assignments 4x EACH is not properly mentioned. You have players thinking that they can just do fishing 12x. THAT IS NOT CORRECT AT ALL. Thankfully I learned about it on discord within the first day. Idiots are afking fishing and wasting all their baits. It's not recommended to afk fish this one, you'll waste too much or all of your bait. I tried doing this event on a alt with rank F fishing, THIS EVENT IS NOT NEWB FREINDLY. A lot of people are frustrated and confused. ALSO, do NOT turn in your assignment as soon as you get everything before using up all your baits. The game will REMOVE your remaining baits. This will screw you out of coins that you may need.

Somehow by some miracle I'm still on schedule for this event and I've not had to use any coins yet.

Poorly explained event.
    Smh...
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    So, let me get this straight, if you fail to obtain what you need for your homework after the initial one and the THREE FREE ONES, THEN you'll need to spend coins?
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited July 1, 2021
    well they had to give away alot of stuff for compensation cause somebody probably messed up (probably I think)
    they are probably under a lot of pressure and stress right now
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 1, 2021
    So this event has unlimited baits. Phew...