Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Names on Forums question

ValenmirValenmir
Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
in Help
Is it possible at all to change your name on the forums? Any time i look it up i just get directed to the name tickets for the characters. Or am i better off just making a new account for the forums?

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Hi

There was a point in time when you could ask to have your forum name changed. I recall one of the mods(?) said they would be discontinuing the feature or something. Right now, I have no idea on the status of it since I haven't seen it brought up ever since.
    Valenmir
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    Is it possible at all to change your name on the forums? Any time i look it up i just get directed to the name tickets for the characters. Or am i better off just making a new account for the forums?

Gaea might be able to provide some clarity in this matter; what say you @Crimsọn.
    Valenmir
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 30, 2021
    You can can message @Katherz if she would be willing to change your forum name. It's preferable to do name changes than it is to create new forum accounts (which they don't want you doing). But she will probably only do it once for you so make sure whatever you choose you will be fine with for a loooooooong time.

And yes you can use special characters, so if your name is not available you can do something creative like I did with the latin ọ. Our temp community manager Kyrios was able to do that for me. So you wanna just make your name Taylor but that's not available then try Taylọr. :p

Also advisable to have 3 new user name for her to choose from in case your first choice is not available. She's a busy momma.
    Valenmir
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    You can can message @Katherz if she would be willing to change your forum name. It's preferable to do name changes than it is to create new forum accounts (which they don't want you doing). But she will probably only do it once for you so make sure whatever you choose you will be fine with for a loooooooong time.

And yes you can use special characters, so if your name is not available you can do something creative like I did with the latin ọ. Our temp community manager Kyrios was able to do that for me. So you wanna just make your name Taylor but that's not available then try Taylọr. :p

Also advisable to have 3 new user name for her to choose from in case your first choice is not available. She's a busy momma.

Thank you, Overall i just need to get this name changed due to personal issues. Someone awhile back who Doxed me started looking for this name and overall im just.. trying to drop the name overall. If that makes any sense, I did send a message to Katherz but i didn't know if directly messaging them would actually work since i know some people like to abuse that stuff and send unneeded messages sometimes, so some people would ignore their inbox for that reason.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Thank you, Overall i just need to get this name changed due to personal issues. Someone awhile back who Doxed me started looking for this name and overall im just.. trying to drop the name overall. If that makes any sense, I did send a message to Katherz but i didn't know if directly messaging them would actually work since i know some people like to abuse that stuff and send unneeded messages sometimes, so some people would ignore their inbox for that reason.

Just remember, changing your name doesn't hide your history on here.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    edited August 1, 2021

Just remember, changing your name doesn't hide your history on here.

Oh i know, it isnt hiding what ive done on here, just if its a chance to bury this name from that person then its better than nothing, while i have no clue if they even are on this game, part of me doubts it, still just trying to be on the safe side,
  • KaiieaKaiiea
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,015
    It is correct that this was done in the past, but forum name change requests are currently not being considered. This decision applies to members of staff as well. Sorry to disappoint!
  • ValenmirValenmir
    edited August 5, 2021
    Kaiiea wrote: »
    It is correct that this was done in the past, but forum name change requests are currently not being considered. This decision applies to members of staff as well. Sorry to disappoint!

Okay now im really confused... Katherz replied to my message in private and said to let her on in a forum and then you said this.. So i have one saying yes and one saying no..?
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Kaiiea wrote: »

I am not sure where you heard this information, but I made a post regarding this previously: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/21008/re-name-changes-on-the-forums/p1

Name changes are allowed as long as you message me directly.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    HA looks like I read it the other way around back then