Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tarlach

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in General Chat
Which?
  1. How do you pronounce it?6 votes
    1. TAR latch
       17% (1 vote)
    2. tar LATCH
       0% (0 votes)
    3. TAR lack
       33% (2 votes)
    4. tar LACK
       50% (3 votes)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Tar-lock.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Da Bearsh.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I pronounce his name as Tar lack all the time.
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    edited September 24, 2021
    I think it's canonically the latter but uhhhhhhhhhhh ...............................bear man.

Big fan tho.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Aquasol wrote: »
    Da Bearsh.

Your Illinois is showing.
  • stormhammerstormhammer
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,465
    edited September 24, 2021
    Oh man, im weird cause ive been pronouncing it like "tar-LAHKH" cause thats how i imagine its pronounced like in irish.
    But the closest would be "tar-LACK"
    On a tangent, did you guys know Ruiari is pronounced "Rory"? For like 6 years i was saying "Roo-E-ar-E"
  • HelsaHelsa
    Oh man, im weird cause ive been pronouncing it like "tar-LAHKH" cause thats how i imagine its pronounced like in irish.
    But the closest would be "tar-LACK"
    On a tangent, did you guys know Ruiari is pronounced "Rory"? For like 6 years i was saying "Roo-E-ar-E"

I've been pronouncing it ROO-ar-ee. There's a kid working at the local grocery store whose name is Ruiari; spelt that way too. He's older than the game. He's also never heard of it which, I assume, means he's probably got good grades. :)
  • stormhammerstormhammer
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,465
    A lot of mabi names are pretty common among the irish.
    I know a girl named Naimh, which sounds like a mabi npc name to me. You wouldnt guess how she pronounces it though haha.
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    wait u guys have been pronouncing it as "roo-ar-ee"? i've been saying "bah-stahrd" the entire time :(
  • HelsaHelsa
    mintiel wrote: »
    wait u guys have been pronouncing it as "roo-ar-ee"? i've been saying "bah-stahrd" the entire time :(

How can that be when "bah-stahrd" is spelt F-e-r-g-h-u-s?