Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Stardust Inquiry

woma494woma494
Mabinogi Rep: 600
in General Chat
So...for those of us that don't have a high number of life & combat skill levels, will there ever be a time to convert stardust materials to other materials? Cause it's really hard for me to level up skills but I like doing the Stardust quests and now have tons of materials that I cannot really use anymore to level up Stardust.

Does anyone have any tips on how to efficiently level up skills (Ex: Dual Gun, Puppetry)? I can spend forever fighting bears in Dunbarton and seem to be getting absolutely nowhere.

Comments

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Depends on the skill, Yamanoki's guide is a pretty good start.
    woma494
  • woma494woma494
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Depends on the skill, Yamanoki's guide is a pretty good start.

Thank you so much! I didn't know about this link so I'll definitely take a look at it.

Unfortunately I cannot give specific skill names cause it's usually the entire skill type. Like I really like doing combat so most of those skills are pretty well ranked. But things like Puppetry or Ninja, I really only used for the completion of the storylines when the skills had just come out so most of the skills under those categories are very low in rank.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited October 3, 2021
    Some talents are best raised one skill at-a-time others are best raised doing several skills in parallel. I can't comment on how best to raise ninja because I was lazy and rich at that point and just skill-potioned my way through it. Puppetry is one of those raise-in-parallel types. As I recall, the skills are not CP sensitive. In cases like that I just abuse the foxes just east of Filia; I did guns and chain there as well. There are several such places but that one has the least traffic so the least requirement to "share".

For CP sensitive skills, hold off mastering and danning any skill until you have gotten all skills to rank one. The reason is that then you can go to Duncan, without penalty, to have him lower your skills back to rank F, returning the invested AP back to you. This does two things: (1) it lets you borrow AP from yourself since you can just use it to re-raise your old skills without retraining them, and (2) since lowering your skills lowers your stats it lowers your CP making CP sensitive skill that much easier to to train.

Last bit of advice, the boss of the Music Dungeon is Mabinogi's gym punching bag. For fighter I trained every skill but Pummel using him. The grave yard in Tir Na Nog is good for training some skills where many monsters getting hit is required, as is Shadow Cast City. The cooking dungeon is good if you are training CP sensitive skills and you need grossly overrated monsters that are easy to dispatch.

As for having low skills. That need not be as much of an issue as you think. The fact is even a brand new character is much stronger than many players realize as long as they know how to fight. I have characters on both servers if you'd like some pointers.
    woma494
  • woma494woma494
    edited October 3, 2021
    Helsa wrote: »
    Some talents are best raised one skill at-a-time others are best raised doing several skills in parallel. I can't comment on how best to raise ninja because I was lazy and rich at that point and just skill-potioned my way through it. Puppetry is one of those raise-in-parallel types. As I recall, the skills are not CP sensitive. In cases like that I just abuse the foxes just east of Filia; I did guns and chain there as well. There are several such places but that one has the least traffic so the least requirement to "share".

For CP sensitive skills, hold off mastering and danning any skill until you have gotten all skills to rank one. The reason is that then you can go to Duncan, without penalty, to have him lower your skills back to rank F, returning the invested AP back to you. This does two things: (1) it lets you borrow AP from yourself since you can just use it to re-raise your old skills without retraining them, and (2) since lowering your skills lowers your stats it lowers your CP making CP sensitive skill that much easier to to train.

Last bit of advice, the boss of the Music Dungeon is Mabinogi's gym punching bag. For fighter I trained every skill but Pummel using him. The grave yard in Tir Na Nog is good for training some skills where many monsters getting hit is required, as is Shadow Cast City. The cooking dungeon is good if you are training CP sensitive skills and you need grossly overrated monsters that are easy to dispatch.

As for having low skills. That need not be as much of an issue as you think. The fact is even a brand new character is much stronger than many players realize as long as they know how to fight. I have characters on both servers if you'd like some pointers.

I'm not a new player but I've always played pretty consistently with the same skills (combat...). I didn't even know about the Duncan thing! Or about the Music Dungeon. ^-^''' I just looked on the wiki so I guess that's the Musical Math Dungeon?

Would love some pointers though! My IGN is Seongmi from the Nao server.
  • HelsaHelsa
    woma494 wrote: »

I'm not a new player but I've always played pretty consistently with the same skills (combat...). I didn't even know about the Duncan thing! Or about the Music Dungeon. ^-^''' I just looked on the wiki so I guess that's the Musical Math Dungeon?

Would love some pointers though! My IGN is Seongmi from the Nao server.

Okay, my Nao character is total level 200, so that may help illustrate my point. I can contact you but if you want to be proactive you'll be able to find me at the jousting arena. At the time of this writing, the jousting final is tonight, so I will be free after that. Will you be conscious at that time?
  • woma494woma494
    Okay, my Nao character is total level 200, so that may help illustrate my point. I can contact you but if you want to be proactive you'll be able to find me at the jousting arena. At the time of this writing, the jousting final is tonight, so I will be free after that. Will you be conscious at that time?

I am in CST so unfortunately I will not be available at that time as I have to get up early for work so I should definitely be almost unconscious after the tournament . :( If you could message me, that would be great. Thank you so much! Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    You've already been given great advice and link to excellent guide, but I did see a couple pointers that were missed.
    1) puppets -> Helsa is mostly correct as most skills are not CP related, however the puppets themselves do require CP training.
    2) For CP related skills I recommend baltane missions (personally Nowhere to Run) paired with baltane training bombs and tendering pots from events you can get similar to boss. (elite only gives powerful-boss).
    3) Take advantage of x2 training pots to maximize progress (stacking effects are multiplicative not additive)
    4) Raccoons at the logging camp are most people go to for training non-cp skills
    5) Enthralling Performance is a godsend for getting groups up for training skills that need to hit multiples

As far as the excess stardust mats, depending on how far you've gotten, you will still have some use for the lower level mats.
    You will need more of the universal items than the rank specific ones regardless, so the extra will help along the way.

I'd rather see a way to convert the level specific mats into something else entirely, since you can keep doing melwyn quests after being completely finished with leveling all the Stardust.
    woma494
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    ...Does anyone have any tips on how to efficiently level up skills (Ex: Dual Gun, Puppetry)? ...
    Tir na nog zombies, foxes, raccoons, the first room of tara spider, saga or provocation walls and shyllien's mobs, train only in events and stack multipliers, dont forget to collect vouchers and merchant training seals.
    woma494
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Pannya wrote: »
    train only in events
    that's a little too far. I agree most of the heavy crafting skills should be trained during events, but all training doesn't have to be put off for 8 months out of a year. It's not hard to get by on 4x-8x (active talent, talent pot, complete pot) training counts and 1.5x-2x (current level talent bonus) training exp. Especially just getting to 100 points, not going for master titles.

woma494
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited October 4, 2021
    Don't forget the level 200 bonus. Although useless for mastering skills it is a godsend for ranking them. For example I finished off the last five-or-so ranks of Tailoring by just making head bands.
    woma494
  • woma494woma494
    Thank you so much for the advice everyone! I’ve been doing rank E stardust quests so much that I now need the rank C materials so it’s been disheartening to be at a standstill. Still hoping for a material converter someday!

I honestly didn’t have a clue about the training seals that the Seal Merchant sells on Sunday! I kept relying on the ones from events (this Billionaire event is going to come in handy as well).

I’ve spent this week training up Chain and some alchemy skills (entirely a noob to alchemy) using a combination of all of your advice: zombies, foxes, training seals, 2x EXP pots, etc. Haven’t gotten the level 200 bonus yet but I will shoot for that next as it would be helpful.

Thank you again!
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Thank you so much for the advice everyone! I’ve been doing rank E stardust quests so much that I now need the rank C materials so it’s been disheartening to be at a standstill. Still hoping for a material converter someday!

I honestly didn’t have a clue about the training seals that the Seal Merchant sells on Sunday! I kept relying on the ones from events (this Billionaire event is going to come in handy as well).

I’ve spent this week training up Chain and some alchemy skills (entirely a noob to alchemy) using a combination of all of your advice: zombies, foxes, training seals, 2x EXP pots, etc. Haven’t gotten the level 200 bonus yet but I will shoot for that next as it would be helpful.

Thank you again!

So, of all the bonuses it's possible to obtain, the level 200 talent bonus (bonus actually starts at lvl 100 and increases every 10 levels) is the most effective for training. It multiplies the skill exp per training count, instead of just multiplying counts. Using this it's possible to skip entire requirements without AP training or using training seals. Also if you have excess AP and want to quickly train multiple talents, unchecking the reset level when you rebirth will allow you to just carry your current level bonus over to a new talent. Would only recommend if you're sitting over 3-4k though as quickly training a talent can drain AP really fast