Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is Alexina dead?

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Alexina Chat
Some say no. Mind you some folks define 'dead' as zero people logged in. Whereas what the cut-off activity level, to use the 'dead' label, should be can be debated, the last post in THIS forum was 145 days ago. It would seem that Alexina's chat forum IS dead.

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    the population on Alexina has been getting worse slowly. we certainly don't see as many players around as before the merge and a lot of the player that are left don't really talk much or at all. there are a couple of guilds that hang around Dunbarton that chat a bit but you never really run into a random player and just start chatting anymore. I play on channel 4 the most and over the years the player population has gone down a lot. not dead yet but Nexon avoiding talking or doing anything at all about the server merge is problem makes it feel like we are being buried alive.

the entire forums appear to be dying slowly. remember the days when there were multiple comments on multiple threads almost every day? now there are times when it feels like the forums just die for 1 or 2 days then maybe a few people comment and it dies again. it doesn't surprise me the Alexina Chat forums have died, most of the Alexina community has probably given up already. this is both a good sign and a bad sign as it sucks to see this happening but the dead Alexina Chat forums is more proof for Nexon that our server really is dying and we need a full server merge. mabinogi and the forums community are all slowly dying because of this and it may only be a matter of time before even Nao server eventually suffers enough to want a full merge as well. Nexon is backed into a corner, they either can't fix it without the name change issue making everyone angry or they don't want to fix it cause it would be a lot of work. another server merge is definitely possible as we have gotten one before and even if they can't fix this name issue they could sell the character and pet server transfer coupons as transferring a few players over every maintenance would be a lot easier for them then a entire server merge. not saying I would be happy with that option as it would be expensive but possible solutions do exist, Nexon is just ignoring the issue completely.
  • HelsaHelsa
    In the time since the merge happened, they could have had just one person on the problem whom, by now, would likely have solved the problem.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Alexina still lives in Quilla base camp, as of the most recent storyline she's still alive.
    BlissfulkillKensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    Alexina still lives in Quilla base camp, as of the most recent storyline she's still alive.

Allrighty, so you play on the Nao server in your off-hours.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Sorry, I am forced to hesitate to login, due to issues with my current/main computer-system;
    the last and most-recent time my computer seemed to shut off for seemingly no reason,
    the only thing I could attribute to what may have caused it was, due to Mabinogi running idle in the background,
    whilst other programmes were also simultaneously running, even though I have multiple fans and the 120mm CPU-Fan.

The way I have configured/upgraded my system, it shouldn't over-heat, but, I guess this PC is now more than at least a few years old, and, should probably be replaced with a newer system using Solid-State Technology (I do have quite a number of different USB-Cables and devices connected simultaneously though so, combined with running that O-Zone Generator periodically, could have potentially contributed to some possible issues, assuming that the game-company itself isn't doing things or injecting code into running their software when we start them on our computer that results in high-use of the CPU).

Additionally, a few weeks ago, one of my internal-HDD's crashed, forcing the whole entire system to shut off, so, these are certainly «warning signs» for me to change over to a new desk-top system (once I figure out what to do with this one).

Fortunately, I keep most of my information and stuff on an external-HDD, but, not having multi-layer redundancy is a huge mistake; a few dozen videos back, the Theoria Apophasis channel dude talked about multi-layered «redundancy» being one of the absolute most-important things you can learn and do in life, considering, that he personally knew a number of scientists/researchers who «put all their eggs in one basket» so-to-speak, then, one day, lost their whole entire life's work as a result of a computer-crash of the only computer-system that those guys were using (such a terrible waste when a number of them were literally on the verge of «break-throughs» such as proving cures for those things that the medical-mafia-establishment doesn't want the public believe there to be any cures for, the mathematical-formulas for proving the existence of free-energy technology [although, in reality, zero-point energy cannot be accessed in any consistent manner with current paradigms nor traditional mathematical-formulas], etc., etc).

Although I have been meaning to try to return on-line to do activities with who may happen to be on my friend-list (Alexina-Server), I am also forced to hesitate to load up the game, due to potential instability issues that may result because of the «load» that results from the combination of the Launcher as well as the Pleione-Engine in addition to the fact that I am frequently multi-tasking on other activities even whilst those are loaded in the back-ground. Sometimes, how-ever, I do think that it might just be better to gather up a dedicated group of your hard-working friends to start/develop and run/manage/operate our own MMORPG instead...