Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can someone please explain?

MelbellMelbell
Mabinogi Rep: 800
in General Chat
Ok three times.... three times I got a message upon the completion of finishing a run of Conflict! that i didn't complete the requirements so I'd only get half the gold and half the xp and no chest key. Someone tried to explain it was because we ran the mission too fast.

Okay.... ummmm

If that's the case then WHY DID EVERYONE ELSE IN THE PARTY GET A KEY EXCEPT ME?!?!?

I'm not a super high level player, I am far from maxed out, and I've barely started started some skill sets so I find it hard to believe that it's because I'm overpowered. Is it because I didn't get enough kills or do enough damage?!?!?! I am thoroughly confused and frankly a little pissed off. I watched my party mates get (multiple) forgotten tomb tickets but I'm getting nothing cuz i keep not getting a G D key!

I know people used to overly spam Conflict! with bots to farm for gold and whatnot but I thought Nexon nerfed Conflict! ages ago to fix that. I didn't have this problem last Forgotten Tomb Event. I feel like I'm getting punished for something and I don't even know what or why.

Comments

• YellowBinYellowBin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    Mabi's contribution system, you have to be in combat until you get a green checkmark on your name. Killing too fast and clearing the mission before everyone has contribution in conflict is what is happening. When you solo you still need to do the contribution check, even though by virtue of going solo it is given you are the only one contributing to the completion of the mission.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    As @YellowBin pointed out, it's a contribution check. Basically it's a slight anti-cousin/bot measure to ensure that each character is in 'combat' for a specified amount of time. Conflict has the lowest time check (~15sec) and all SM missions will award a checkmark for hitting just 1 thing once (even a barrier spike) as long as the mission goes on long enough for the time to pass. It sounds like you were loading in after the other party members were fighting, resulting in the battle being over before your 15 seconds had passed.
  • MelbellMelbell
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    So if I lag on entering even if I kill something then I'm screwed. Cool. I'm guessing this was Nexon's "fix" tp people who dragged bots and used the final hit method of spamming Conflict. Still don't remember having this problem last year but sounds like I need to not do Conflict with full party runs.

Yay.

Guess I'll be trying solo runs.