Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Returning player trying to max out attack

ArtierArtier
Mabinogi Rep: 810
edited March 8, 2022 in General Chat
hi, i am a returning player and wow has there been a lot of changes. i'm currently focusing on maxing out my character's attack but it seems there's a lot of extra stats that can be applied.

I was wonder if you could show me how ya'll have maxed out your armors, weapons or whatever it is that can apply attack buffs. As far as i know, enchants, titles, badges, skills and artisan upgrades can improve your attack. Is there anything else that can have a significant improvement on attack? I'm primarily an axe and shield wielder with magic as support.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Artier wrote: »
    hi, i am a returning player and wow has there been a lot of changes. i'm currently focusing on maxing out my character's attack but it seems there's a lot of extra stats that can be applied.

I was wonder if you could show me how ya'll have maxed out your armors, weapons or whatever it is that can apply attack buffs. As far as i know, enchants, titles, badges, skills and artisan upgrades can improve your attack. Is there anything else that can have a significant improvement on attack? I'm primarily an axe and shield wielder with magic as support.

Advice would depend on how long ago you took your break, what was the latest thing in Mab when you did so?
  • ArtierArtier
    I suppose it was 5 years ago that I was last active.

I also remember about reforge, i have rank 1 reforge armor that seems newly bought.

ps. how to i stop the forums from disconnecting me? it does this every time i open a forum post.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I suppose it was 5 years ago that I was last active.

I also remember about reforge, i have rank 1 reforge armor that seems newly bought.

ps. how to i stop the forums from disconnecting me? it does this every time i open a forum post.

- I don't know if chains were out then, if not get a chain; go to a blacksmith.
    - Duncan has a skill reset service. He will reset all your skills to F, returning the AP to you. Don't worry you can spend the AP to put them right back up without retraining. You do this for two reasons: (1) it's a way to borrow AP from yourself, (2) you lower your CP which makes training CP sensitive skills much easier. BUT any partial progress toward mastering a skill is lost.
    - there's a girl in Dunby square, near the grocer, who gives quests that renew, you can gain A LOT of experience each rebirth.

If you are on Alexina, there was a server merge about 3 years ago that merged the other three servers. The new server is called Nao. Most Alexinans moved there shortly afterwards. If you were on one of those other servers you now have Tarlachites, Ruairians, and Marians as neighbors.

I have the disconnect problem too. For me it happens in Firefox. So, now I lurk using Firefox but I post using Edge.
  • ArtierArtier
    Thanks for the info. I did hear about the server merge and managed to secure mine name.

-Chains as in the weapon? is that class best in terms of DPS?
    -I will look into the skill reset as that is a very good point for leveling up skills. I have a full set of CP lowering cloths that seems pointless now. XD
    -thanks for the EXP tip.
  • HelsaHelsa
    -Chains as in the weapon? is that class best in terms of DPS?

Remember when knuckles came out and they were OP. Well, chain has made folks forget about knuckles.
    -thanks for the EXP tip.

Fugitaboutit.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Helsa wrote: »
    Fugitaboutit.

I guess this is Helsa's catch phrase. Too much rum.
    Mirin
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    Fugitaboutit.

I guess this is Helsa's catch phrase. Too much rum.

Too much rum! What does that even mean for goodness sake?
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,745
    Your end game gear will depend a little on what you want to play. Chains are not necessarily the best because it has long animations, which may not be what you want for end game, but I do agree for midgame chains are fantastic. I personally use alchemy and chains the most. My alchemy is good for endgame content, and chains take care of the rest. Reforges are going to be your biggest annoyance, along with the RNG drops you need to craft end game weapons. The Erg enhancement system is pretty much still the strongest thing to have right now, but it's an uphill climb to get to level 50 Erg on any weapon. I would highly recommend (if you haven't already) learn how to run the crusader raid Hasidim, because you will get decent gold, and items without having to be a powerhouse.

TLDR; Erg 50 on weapons is op, train in hasidim raid for money.
    MirinArtier
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Magic is OP atm. Although guns and ninja are gonna get revamped soon, and from what we see they are gonna become very op. My favorite guns are really gonna shine and I really need to erg them up. :D
  • ArtierArtier
    Amaraz wrote: »
    Your end game gear will depend a little on what you want to play. Chains are not necessarily the best because it has long animations, which may not be what you want for end game, but I do agree for midgame chains are fantastic. I personally use alchemy and chains the most. My alchemy is good for endgame content, and chains take care of the rest. Reforges are going to be your biggest annoyance, along with the RNG drops you need to craft end game weapons. The Erg enhancement system is pretty much still the strongest thing to have right now, but it's an uphill climb to get to level 50 Erg on any weapon. I would highly recommend (if you haven't already) learn how to run the crusader raid Hasidim, because you will get decent gold, and items without having to be a powerhouse.

I recently found out about erg and do agree that they are op. Level 50 erg gives windmill attack bonus which I would probably benefit from. Even though axe and shield is probably not an op setup I would like to max them out as much as possible.

Right now I am training ninja for the extra str stats and catching up on ranking life skills. What I want to figure out is which skills I can downgrade and which skills negatively impact my build. Do a skill reset and only focus on a heavy armor, shield, axe and mage build with high attack, critical and protection.

What are RNG drops and how are they used to craft weapons?
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Magic is OP atm. Although guns and ninja are gonna get revamped soon, and from what we see they are gonna become very op. My favorite guns are really gonna shine and I really need to erg them up. :D

I do like guns, they are fun to use. Why do you think they are gonna be op after the revamp? isn't it usually the opposite?
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    The Erg enhancement system is pretty much still the strongest thing to have right now, but it's an uphill climb to get to level 50 Erg on any weapon.

Erg is either a massive boost or a complete waste of time and money depending on the weapon. Unless you think an extra 21 Att/Matt is worth grinding all the way to 50. Oh im sorry that would have been too strong. You just get an increase to magic damage not Matt
  • ArtierArtier
    edited April 6, 2022
    ThePravin wrote: »
    The Erg enhancement system is pretty much still the strongest thing to have right now, but it's an uphill climb to get to level 50 Erg on any weapon.

Erg is either a massive boost or a complete waste of time and money depending on the weapon. Unless you think an extra 21 Att/Matt is worth grinding all the way to 50. Oh im sorry that would have been too strong. You just get an increase to magic damage not Matt

I got the same feeling. What weapon do you think is the strongest in terms of attack power to max out erg?
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    ThePravin wrote: »

I got the same feeling. What weapon do you think is the strongest in terms of attack power to max out erg?

Control bars, duel guns, Shuriken, and chain blades are some of the favorites. 2h weapons particularly axes and blunts get a good boost. Staffs also get ridicules (30% reduced cast time with a +2 int chain casting from an ego) but are by far the most expensive to erg cutting into the "worth it" factor.