Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Action House Addition! (Suggestion)

SherimTheGiantSherimTheGiant
Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello everyone.
i have 2 suggestions that would maybe we welcomed into mabinogi.

suggestions:
1: weekly auction of 5k nexon cash.
the auction will reset on Saturday when all weekly things reset.
Bidding example: starting bid 100k and everytime someone bids it goes up at the end of the week it is for example 10M unless someone dares to offer more.

2: the Equipment Slot Extention (30days) item from the Cash Shop tradeable/able to put on Auction house just like the combo card version.

not everyone has money to put into games this makes it possible to still get the pets or items you really want.

IGN Sherim
Server: Alexina
  1. What do you think good or bad idea?4 votes
    1. Good Idea!
       50% (2 votes)
    2. Bad Idea.
       50% (2 votes)

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    the Equipment Slot Extention (30days) item from the Cash Shop tradeable/able to put on Auction house just like the combo card version.

In the past I have asked that ALL things be tradeable.
    not everyone has money to put into games this makes it possible to still get the pets or items you really want.

It won't unfortunately, since, as you describe your first point (which I will address more below), this will end up being an in-game product only for the in-game patrician class. The richest folks in Mabinogi are so because they spend money on the game. As described this will help the richest offset their real-world costs. On the other hand since Nexon loves the Patricians this would make them all happier so they might do it, unless there are legal issues.
    weekly auction of 5k nexon cash.
    the auction will reset on Saturday when all weekly things reset.
    Bidding example: starting bid 100k and everytime someone bids it goes up at the end of the week it is for example 10M unless someone dares to offer more.

The interesting thing about this idea is the information it will give when the 'invisible hand' eventually settles on the what the market considers the proper exchange rate of NX to game-gold. It makes a nice inflation gauge. Still it will be something for the patricians and the rest could only look on with envy, but I can think of a simple adjustment to fix it for the masses. Make the bidding in ducats, not gold. Ducats cannot be traded so in ducats we are all equal. This would definitely lead to more commercing and that would be a good thing. Commercing would make the world look busier and seem more alive. So, I like the idea as long as the medium to bid with is ducats.

• SherimTheGiantSherimTheGiant
    edited March 28, 2022
    Helsa wrote: »

The interesting thing about this idea is the information it will give when the 'invisible hand' eventually settles on the what the market considers the proper exchange rate of NX to game-gold. It makes a nice inflation gauge. Still it will be something for the patricians and the rest could only look on with envy, but I can think of a simple adjustment to fix it for the masses. Make the bidding in ducats, not gold. Ducats cannot be traded so in ducats we are all equal. This would definitely lead to more commercing and that would be a good thing. Commercing would make the world look busier and seem more alive. So, I like the idea as long as the medium to bid with is ducats.

Gold or Ducets both oke. also if the rich mabinogi ppl want to spend 40M on 5k Nexon thats cool. id say a great gold sink.
    since its just 5K Nexon each Week it should not change much and it lets people who really want it but don't have the real money still get it (even if its overpriced)

it could prevent shady business :D

• HelsaHelsa
    edited March 28, 2022

Gold or Ducets both oke. also if the rich mabinogi ppl want to spend 40M on 5k Nexon thats cool. id say a great gold sink.
    since its just 5K Nexon each Week it should not change much and it lets people who really want it but don't have the real money still get it (even if its overpriced)

it could prevent shady business :D

I hadn't thought of that, it WOULD be a good gold sink; in fact, it would be a FANTASTIC one! Maybe have two auctions then, one in gold and one in ducats for a total of 10kNX/week. As it started to noticeably effect the money supply and reduce prices, the opening bid would have to be reset, from time to time, or else the auction will price itself out of relevance.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited March 30, 2022
    And what happens if you consistently lose this said auction? You would be whining and crying about unfairness still and would be begging even more. This game is completely playable without dumping money into it. If you feel otherwise then you kind don't know how to play. Nothing is impossible, it just requires more effort.
  • SherimTheGiantSherimTheGiant

I hadn't thought of that, it WOULD be a good gold sink; in fact, it would be a FANTASTIC one! Maybe have two auctions then, one in gold and one in ducats for a total of 10kNX/week. As it started to noticeably effect the money supply and reduce prices, the opening bid would have to be reset, from time to time, or else the auction will price itself out of relevance.

the Opening bid should reset every week when the auction is won.

Crimsọn wrote: »
    And what happens if you consistently lose this said auction? You would be whining and crying about unfairness still and would be begging even more. This game is completely playable without dumping money into it. If you feel otherwise then you kind don't know how to play. Nothing is impossible, it just requires more effort.

i have been playing mabinogi for about 10 years without spending money and its still great.
    buying NX from other players is a violation of rules. yet not all items in the cash shop are tradeable
    for example the Equipment slot extention (30days) having this action would make it atleast possible to aquire such an item.

i doubt people will spend 100M on 5k nexon and if they do that is also great for the economy.
    personally i don't see a problem but tnx for sharing your opinion :D
  • HelsaHelsa
    the Opening bid should reset every week when the auction is won.

Oh, I misunderstood you then. I thought you were saying that the opening bid would be the settling bid from the previous week, forcing the price ever upward.
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    Would rather see them sell items that can be converted to nx and traded in game. Other games have done similar things managing to boost sales combat rmt and have it function as a gold sink.

Everyone wins with this system.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited April 10, 2022
    I wonder if this would exacerbate Nexon's problems with the EU?