Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Move Erinn server to east side for better ping

GrimshackleGrimshackle
Mabinogi Rep: 100
edited March 27, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
Please move servers from Oregon.Most European play on 180ms+ delay making some stuff very hard to do due to the delay of the server being so far away particularly dan skill stuff and some other spam intensive skills like crack shot.Please consider moving the servers to the east side of america like NY,Boston,chicago,New yersey this would at least lower the ping for the rest of the players mainly eu and east side of america because at the moment it's just west side of america that has any resemblence of good ping while the rest of us suffer.This way we would have ping of 110-125 ms which would be way more playable for eu and west side would have decent ping too.If we reference this website where it shows the underwater high speed internet cables you would see why the internet i so slow getting to the west side from eu while the east side is way more connected. https://www.submarinecablemap.com/

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Helsa wrote: »
    Can we also get the servers to move from Oregon to somewhere more convenient for the rest of the playerbase like east side of america NY,boston,new jersey for better ping in eu,canada,england and such

You know I have had the same thoughts myself. If you look at a map of the world, fully one half, one entire side of it is water. Nexon NA servers are all on the edge of that water and the timings of things are set to be convenient to where they are located. Let's address the elephant in the room, Nexon NA is really Nexon World (except SK, JP, TW, HK, and CN), yet it continues to act as though it is Nexon CA (California, not Canada). Moving shop to eastern time would make things 3 hours more convenient for, literally, everyone else. If 'shop' however must remain in North America, we can do one hour better. Rather than, say, Boston, set up shop in Halifax, Canada. It's on Atlantic Time, that's one hour sooner than Eastern. The city has the infrastructure to host Nexon's needs and would likely be keen enough to have Nexon to offer tax incentives. Doing so, ironically I suppose, WOULD make it Nexon CA after all. :)

By the cable map there are cables leading out of Halifax, including one to Boston.
    Grimshackle
  • GrimshackleGrimshackle
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    since this is EC2 aws server that's on mabinogi you can check the ping to oregon over here for yourself and the N.virginia server would be a lot better than the oregon one https://www.cloudping.cloud/aws or Ohio
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Sorry I just realised that we are talking about different things. You'd like to move the servers to the Eastern Side of North America for better latency for the rest of the community; I think that's a good idea. I was talking about moving operations to the east so that in-game times for activities and so on could be more copacetic to most of the non-americas player base, This would allow them to participate in more of what Mabinogi has to offer.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Then that would screw over the west and they'd be having none of that.
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    Hey everyone in AU we're just going to kill your ping k thx by.
  • ExaetaExaeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    I'd like to see the server moved a bit east although I would keep the server time in pacific time since everyone is used to that.
  • VimaVima
    Mabinogi Rep: 925
    They aren't moving the servers or their operations anywhere, they haven't listened to us in the past so why start now?