Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

About the Terms of Use

VimaVima
Mabinogi Rep: 925
edited March 31, 2022 in General Chat
Everyone, I know how much you all hate the terms of service, how you all think it's a meme. However if you actually read Nexon's terms of use there are alot of things that are shady as hell, specifically the all caps in section "I." NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THESE TERMS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN YOUR ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO THE ACCOUNT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF NEXON.
Basically what this means is that when we are on Nexon's services using the accounts licensed to us by Nexon
We are not allowed to expose them for their BS. Which I'm doing anyways cuz screw Nexon.
And the last bullet of the code of conduct further reinforcing the statement above.
Engaging in any other conduct that, in Nexon’s sole judgment, exposes us, any of our users, or any other third party to any liability, damages, or detriment of any type.
Meaning any of Nexon's corrupt actions are not allowed to be brought to light, as it is against ToS.
You're welcome for keeping you informed. Getting permanently banned from the forums to bring this information to you was worth it.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Vima wrote: »
    Everyone, I know how much you all hate the terms of service, how you all think it's a meme. However if you actually read Nexon's terms of use there are alot of things that are shady as hell, specifically the all caps in section "I." NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THESE TERMS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN YOUR ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO THE ACCOUNT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF NEXON.
    Basically what this means is that when we are on Nexon's services using the accounts licensed to us by Nexon
    We are not allowed to expose them for their BS. Which I'm doing anyways cuz screw Nexon.
    And the last bullet of the code of conduct further reinforcing the statement above.
    Engaging in any other conduct that, in Nexon’s sole judgment, exposes us, any of our users, or any other third party to any liability, damages, or detriment of any type.
    Meaning any of Nexon's corrupt actions are not allowed to be brought to light, as it is against ToS.
    You're welcome for keeping you informed. Getting permanently banned from the forums to bring this information to you was worth it.

The all caps thing is so that folks can't claim their game data as property and with some property rights argument prevent the game from being shut down when the time comes and also of course to use the same arguments to prevent them from being banned. This would also be the clause that Nexon would cite for any Alexina player that purchased their character name and may now have the "+Alexina" tag applied to it. The second clause is so that they can maintain complete control of anything that happens on their property. You do have the right to speak to a lawyer to determine if these claims are legal and binding under US or California law and whether you could successfully challenge them.
  • VimaVima
    edited March 31, 2022
    No, It means anything Nexon wants it to mean. I called them out on their BS before and they used those specific bolded sections to ban me the first time around. I'm just giving them the ammunition to ban me permanently, and even after they told me to ask what I did wrong they outright ignored me. So, I'm going to assume everything I do is wrong.

Aside from my own personal grudge against Nexon.

Alot of the wording in the terms of service make it out to sound like whenever we are using Nexon's services that we are their slaves.
  • HelsaHelsa
    ask what I did wrong they outright ignored me.

You may or may not believe this but I've had a run-in with them before, Yeah, they never tell you precisely what you did wrong. At best you will get some general vague statement. The people manning the forums aren't to blame, it's Nexon's legal department instructing them specifically to be vague. The point is for them to avoid saying anything that could be used against them; so they say nothing. This isn't how regular people act, but it is how they act if lawyers are telling them to.
  • VimaVima
    edited March 31, 2022
    Got it, so basically it's the equivelent of doing my taxes; get told I did something wrong but absolutely no details and then expect to not do it again. Just like how you have to pay your taxes to the IRS but they won't tell you how much you have to pay.

Except with Nexon's case, they selectively enforce their rules to the point where one person can witch hunt you into oblivion and then you get punished for calling them out on it just because the one witch-hunting you and the one who punished you are in the same guild in-game.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Got it, so basically it's the equivelent of doing my taxes; get told I did something wrong but absolutely no details and then expect to not do it again. Just like how you have to pay your taxes to the IRS but they won't tell you how much you have to pay.

Except with Nexon's case, they selectively enforce their rules to the point where one person can witch hunt you into oblivion and then you get punished for calling them out on it.

You know, I don't know why we have to do our taxes. The IRS already knows how much we owe.
  • VimaVima
    Helsa wrote: »

Except with Nexon's case, they selectively enforce their rules to the point where one person can witch hunt you into oblivion and then you get punished for calling them out on it.

You know, I don't know why we have to do our taxes. The IRS already knows how much we owe.

The IRS wants to screw with us, much like Nexon does.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    We don't own the game, that's all that means. And yeah it protects the company. All companies do this. You own nothing in this world.
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    edited March 31, 2022
    All of that is pretty standard CoA type stuff. It sounds scary but most legalese does.
    Crimsọn
  • ArtierArtier
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    umm, ya, that's standard stuff. You don't own any part of your account. This stuff should be assumed from the beginning.
    Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Well, I mean, they could offer, if you send them the details to some public cloud storage, to send you your ones-and-zeros, but tha'd just be adding insult to injury, wouldn't it.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    If you really want to do something about why these «Legalese» contracts are like this, for EVERY COMPANY/CORPORATION IN EXISTENCE by the way (I can tell you for a fact that this was not drafted up by Nexon originally), then, you will need to eliminate the Khazarian-Mafia, which will most-likely end up being a multi-centuries long war; they are the ones who control the institutions that «make the rules» for everyone else... just think where this following «meme» stemmed from... : «Rules for thee but not for me.»

Complaining to/about Nexon or even any other company/corporation/game-enterprise/etc., particularly when done publicly, unless it's the whole entire population having the same complaint(s), does naught to correct erroneous or «unprofessional» activities/conduct that may have occurred... that being mentioned, because this touches upon man-made so-called Law, I end with a relevant case-law (see Spoiler-Content).

Spoiler-Content : Regarding the «Law» when they are called Statutes, Concurrent-Rulings, Joint-Resolutions, etc.
    The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. A "Statute" is not a "law," (Flournoy v. First Nat. Bank of Shreveport, 197 La. 1067, 3 So.2d 244, 248), and a concurrent or joint resolution of legislature is not "a law," (Koenig v. Flynn, 258 N.Y. 292, 179 N.E. 705, 707; Ward v. State, 176 Okl. 368, 56 P.2d 136, 137; State ex rel. Todd v. Yelle, 7 Wash.2d 443, 110 P.2d 162, 165), Nor is 'Code' "Law" (In Re Self v Rhay, 61 Wn (2d) 261) these being defined by Black's Law Dictionary as rebuttable prima facie, or superficial, evidence of law, a façade, represented by 'public policy,' being colorable, or 'color of law,' being 'counterfeit or feigned' as defined.

As the Supreme Court has warned, "Because of what appear to be Lawful commands on the surface, many citizens, because of their respect for what appears to be law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their rights, due to ignorance." ( U.S. v. Minker, 350 U.S. 179, 187 ). The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and any inferior federal or state act, code, title or statute, derived from or predicated upon the original contract for government, to be valid, must be In agreement therewith. - 16 Am Jur 2d, Sec
    177 late 2d, Sec 256.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Filing (and even paying) taxes is voluntary. The I.R.S. is simply a debt-collection department based out of Puerto-Rico.
    Paper-work exists that can/will tell the «system» that you are Tax-Exempt if you are willing to do the work/homework/etc.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    We're all supposed to Own Nothing and be Happy ! =D
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    We don't own the game, that's all that means. And yeah it protects the company. All companies do this. You own nothing in this world.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Habimaru wrote: »

In this case, think of it as being like beer, you only rent it.
  • DevotionDevotion
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,395
    the one witch-hunting you and the one who punished you are in the same guild in-game.

This guild you mention is a huge guild where most of the members don't really know each other lol
    In fact, I didn't know I was in the same guild as them until a couple days ago :d

One of them is kinda familiar from Tarlach, but the other is from Ruairi right? Anyways, they probably know each other as much as I know them, and what benefit can a stranger provide O-o?

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 3, 2022
    Habimaru wrote: »

In this case, think of it as being like beer, you only rent it.

Rent this.
    200.gif
  • HelsaHelsa
    Rent this.
    200.gif

Sounds good to me!!!! His buddy there, looks like he's got a pint glass, so Mr. Glasses is either chugging a quart or 3-pint pitcher; gawd. What a waste of beer. If you wanna get drunk fast, what do you think they invented Port for?