Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

not enough memory

Keita69Keita69
Mabinogi Rep: 800
in Technical Support
My game is hanging in tara and in several cities, says a message that says no there is enough memory
Also, when I'm not getting noped out of the game with the NO MEMORY error, the game sometimes just closes itself without any error message or whatsoever, or at other times my textures go wild, which is also a first sign of a soon-to-be-crash.
I even went as far, as to assume I might have a faulty RAM despite being brand new, so I ran mdsched.exe to make sure - my RAM is in the clear.
The funniest thing is, that Mabinogi is the ONLY game I have such issues with, more recent games run smoothly without any issues whatsoever.
If anyone would be as kind as to suggest any other reasons for this error, I'd greatly appreciate any input as to what can be done about it.

Comments

• NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    edited February 15, 2017
    It would help if you could provide some information about your PC such as OS, ram, gfx card/system, etc. :) I myself haven't had that issue save for once and that was due to me taking up the rest of my ram using a virtual machine without thinking while playing. So if anything it's probably something simple we can work out.
    Keita69
  • Keita69Keita69
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    It would help if you could provide some information about your PC such as OS, ram, gfx card/system, etc. :) I myself haven't had that issue save for once and that was due to me taking up the rest of my ram using a virtual machine without thinking while playing. So if anything it's probably something simple we can work out.

I have 8GB ram
    1.60 ghz 2.30ghz
    Operating system 32-bits
    i5--4200
    I do not know much about computers im sorry
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    I am having the same problem and do not understand the cause or what steps need to be done to fix this problem.

I've noticed ever since G18 was added to the game client.exe requires a high amount of memory and all of my CPU in order to run which often times leads to the game freezing or crashing without warning. Tail, Tara, and Belvast give me "no memory" errors along with simple tasks like cont warp or moongates. Sometimes even walking around a town ie dunby causes game to get no memory error. This is very flustering and makes it difficult to play the game. Please advise Nexon on why this is happening and what needs to be done to resolve.

I have tried reloading my client from scratch and no chance. I have also tried using steam, nexon launcher, and direct launch from exe but the same issue occurs. After about 10-15 minutes the client suddenly starts using a large amount of memory 1.3 GB then begins to climb up to 3.3GB before I get out of memory error and mabi closes.

My computer stats:
    Windows 7 home 32 bit
    CPU 3.0ghz dual core processor
    4.0 GB ram
    Graphics are built into the motherboard so I do get visual glitches from time to time, but it is not the reason the client is overusing resources...

A friend of mine said mabi should only use about 700 mb of memory in big places like tara, so I feel there is something wrong with my client or the files nexon put on my computer. It should not demand so much memory to run then keep pulling resources until it hits capacity then crashes. Something is wrong, but I'm not sure what.
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    Try watching your current available memory amount while playing and see what goes on through your task manager (rightclick your taskbar and select it) and look under the performance tab for 'physical memory'. I know windows 7+ tend to complain early when it goes low on memory overall.

I know for a fact it isn't an issue with running 32bit windows so can rest easy on that issue as I myself use it without issues with Mabi. However, could you provide more information Keita? Such as using the app 'Speecy' and providing the information from that. Something just doesn't seem right with the information you're providing is all (the information seems very mixed up) and prebuilt computers don't normally have 8gm ram with a 32bit OS preinstalled.
This discussion has been closed.