Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tethra Sword in 2022

GregthegreatGregthegreat
Mabinogi Rep: 800
in General Chat
Hey all, Ive recently come back to mabi after being inactive for several years. Is the Tethra Sword still worth the commerce grind or are their better alternatives now? If there are better options, what are they?

Comments

• ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    It was never really all that worth it but yeah now it's even less so. I recommend looking at the 2h sword list on the wiki and finding one that works for what you are after.
  • GregthegreatGregthegreat
    ThePravin wrote: »
    It was never really all that worth it but yeah now it's even less so. I recommend looking at the 2h sword list on the wiki and finding one that works for what you are after.

Really? I thought that since it ignored defense it would still be pretty good?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited April 19, 2022
    Hey all, Ive recently come back to mabi after being inactive for several years. Is the Tethra Sword still worth the commerce grind or are their better alternatives now? If there are better options, what are they?

Get a Chain, you can get it from any blacksmith. Some folks that know way more than me about these things say that it is not a good end-of-game weapon, but other than that, it's pretty damn nice.

On a side note. You're from Alexina aren't cha? Yeah you are, I remember jousting you in the final. You should come back to jousting. It's still happening; love to have you back!

Helsa wrote: »

Get a Chain, you can get it from any blacksmith. Some folks that know way more than me about these things say that it is not a good end-of-game weapon, but other than that, it's pretty damn nice.

On a side note. You're from Alexina aren't cha? Yeah you are, I remember jousting you in the final. You should come back to jousting. It's still happening; love to have you back!

Yeah I am, what a throwback! thank you for your insight, saved me a ton of time and ducats
  • HelsaHelsa

Yeah I am, what a throwback! thank you for your insight, saved me a ton of time and ducats

Glad to help. Now get yourself a ticket for the jousting final.

I remember that final of yours. You were shaping up to be one of those new players that comes out of nowhere and goes all the way to win. Typically how this works is that with the jousting community constantly facing each other, at any given time they will have a set of preferred moves. When someone new comes along whose preferred moves happen to be the counter of them then they can go all the way. To be sure, it's rare but it does happen. It might've happened to you, on this occasion, but there was one key difference: I was still jousting then! :) Yes, this sounds arrogant but let me explain. I was VERY VERY competitive when I was still jousting. During the week, I would deliberately seek out new people and record their matches with the in-game video recorder. I recorded your matches, analysed them, and discovered some patterns. Going into that final match, we had never faced each other, but I had some intel on you. Despite appearances in our match, though, you actually did play well.

I remember that final of yours. You were shaping up to be one of those new players that comes out of nowhere and goes all the way to win. Typically how this works is that with the jousting community constantly facing each other, at any given time they will have a set of preferred moves. When someone new comes along whose preferred moves happen to be the counter of them then they can go all the way. To be sure, it's rare but it does happen. It might've happened to you, on this occasion, but there was one key difference: I was still jousting then! :) Yes, this sounds arrogant but let me explain. I was VERY VERY competitive when I was still jousting. During the week, I would deliberately seek out new people and record their matches with the in-game video recorder. I recorded your matches, analysed them, and discovered some patterns. Going into that final match, we had never faced each other, but I had some intel on you. Despite appearances in our match, though, you actually did play well.

well, I have to say I admire your thoroughness for sure. I enjoyed jousting but originally being on the East coast made if difficult to do the tournies at times. I'll eventually get back into it, gotta get more birnam plate armor manuals!
  • HelsaHelsa

well, I have to say I admire your thoroughness for sure. I enjoyed jousting but originally being on the East coast made if difficult to do the tournies at times. I'll eventually get back into it, gotta get more birnam plate armor manuals!

Since you're back after, what?, a nine year absence?, all of your old friends may have moved on. There is a jousting community on Erinn, which just recently doubled in size. Rather than picking a guild by throwing darts at a dart board and hoping for the best, come on out and join a community; we have guilds too. Take up the lance again Mr. TheGreat.