Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Custom Mouse Button no longer working

AgentJeanAgentJean
Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
edited April 30, 2022 in General Chat
I have a Logitech G502 and in Ghub I have button 9 setup to be a constant "Left Click"
That way I don't have to smash the left click to pick up ores,cobwebs, and wool wearing out my mouse and causing arthritis in my index finger but for some reason this no longer works in Mabi.
It still works in other games / programs.

What gives?
CrimsọnSherri

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 22, 2022
    It's probably a bug. When did it stop working?

Also don't talk about arthritis on here. They're watching and obsessing over stupid things on there. :smirk:
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Can't say exactly when it stopped working because I took a break back in November and it was working then.

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    AgentJean wrote: »
    Can't say exactly when it stopped working because I took a break back in November and it was working then.

Ah ok so it doesn't have much to do with recent updates or the merge. I would submit a report on it.
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380

Crimsọn wrote: »

Ah ok so it doesn't have much to do with recent updates or the merge. I would submit a report on it.

Seems like a bit of a leap. Just means it might not have been the recent update or the merge. Not that it doesn't have much.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 1, 2022
    ThePravin wrote: »

Seems like a bit of a leap. Just means it might not have been the recent update or the merge. Not that it doesn't have much.

I mean...her mouse functionalities got gimped yet works on other games. It could be a compatibility issue which is to be expected on a old as hell game. :smirk:
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    If you haven't already, go through your settings and make sure they haven't been pooched, because those could have been scrambled in the merge.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 1, 2022
    Helsa wrote: »
    If you haven't already, go through your settings and make sure they haven't been pooched, because those could have been scrambled in the merge.

Yer not paying attention rum hound. She did mention that this started back in November and she is fed up with it because it's making her finger sore.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Yer not paying attention rum hound. She did mention that this started back in November and she is fed up with it because it's making her finger sore.

It started back in November? Is that what they said? Hm.

I ain't nothin' but a Rum Hound.
    Drinkin' all the time.
    I ain't nothin' but a Rum Hound.
    Drinkin' all the time.
    Well, I like my Captain Morgan
    'cause he's a friend of mine.
  • CeuiCeui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    There's a hotkey you can set to pick up items around your character. I think it's near the bottom of the hotkey setting menu.
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380

Nah, they said it was still working in November before they took a brake
    AgentJean wrote: »

• AgentJeanAgentJean
    I've been experimenting more. Seems a firebolt ice bolt chain cast command(2 3 2 3) works but anything mouse click related other than a normal mouse click doesn't work. It's odd.
    Ceui wrote: »
    There's a hotkey you can set to pick up items around your character. I think it's near the bottom of the hotkey setting menu.

I tried using that hot key but you have to press it one time per item and you need to be standing over the item. which means you need to click the mouse to walk over to the thing then press the item pickup hot key.

I wonder if Mabi did something as an anti-bot measure that does nothing to stop bots but just hinders legit players.
  • stormhammerstormhammer
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,465
    you have 9 buttons, are the others working?
    I believe there is native windows support for left click, right click, middle click, and 2 more buttons, but after that, i think the other buttons just use existing combinations, and the logitech software makes sense of it. Or maybe im wrong about that. Try putting your clicking on one of the first two buttons.

Either way, i was doing some remapping on my end, because ctrl to aim hurts my hand, i wanted it on a thumb button on my mouse. Program had enable UI access.

Now, my guess is that whatever you are doing with your mouse buttons, IS still happening, just outside of mabi, and mabi isnt registering it.
    Try to play around with logitech software permissioning. Maybe if it runs as admin it'll work out. Depends on what you are using tbh.
    I dunno though, im just spitballin ideas for you.
  • LunarZeroLunarZero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    I'ma hop in on this. I have a mouse with a few extra buttons (Roccat Kone EMP), and the only ones I have mapped to anything I use regularly is a + and - on top which controls my computer's volume. They used to work while playing Mabi, but it has been a good couple years since they have worked.