Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Massive Lore Project.

AntistiusAntistius
Mabinogi Rep: 220
in Story Discussion
So uhhh, I'm a first timer posting on the forums and this is my first real post but... I wanted to know what your thoughts are on a very ambitious lore project I've been working on for a little past a year and will be taking a temporary break from. I find it really cool that the forums has a section for the lore so I'm sure there are plenty of lovers of lore as well as I.

I was wondering if there was ever anyone in the history of Mabinogi players who has ever done something close to like what I've almost finished. Please share with me whatever examples you know of.

So imagine this.... screencaps of every line of dialogue + cutscene events across all generations and even their respective generation side quests. The entire lore of the generations laid out like a master gallery of sorts.

I have already finished G1-G23 and I'm a quarter way into G24. Just to give you an idea of the scope of what I'm talking about. G23 was 16.7GB and 6,350 images alone! What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you.
KedaruiDDSN

Comments

• ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    Don't forget books. Particularly the early gens exposition dumps came from in game books
    Kedarui
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Mhmm. I've done the exact same, Gens, sidequests, notable story-based events (except Samhain; big regret). I had to invest in several flash drives (and a hopeful master one) just for this.

My G23 came to 7.5k screenshots, but to be fair, I haven't properly checked it to prune the duplicates, bad shots, and whatnot hahaha

A heads up: be prepared for G25 - that came to 11k screenshots on my end. again... not properly cleaned out.
    Kedarui
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I remember, like ten years ago on Alexina, some giant wanted me to play his mom in some kind of machinima deal. I wasn't interested nor did I look for whatever may have resulted. Perhaps such things, if they exist, might be a reference of interest for you?
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    Came across interneteffigy on YouTube. He's started making lore videos you can try reaching out to him the two of you may be able to help each other
    CyborgJiroKedarui
  • CyborgJiroCyborgJiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    ThePravin wrote: »
    Came across interneteffigy on YouTube. He's started making lore videos you can try reaching out to him the two of you may be able to help each other

Interesting find, I just subbed now
  • KedaruiKedarui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,860
    i'd absolutely love to see something like this. i'm really happy to see there are other people out there who actually care about Mabinogi's story like me! i wish i could contribute but i don't save screenshots of every piece of dialogue, just ones that are important to me personally (like altam dialogue LMAO)

i wish you luck in this project and i really hope that you commit to it! i'd love to be able to share Mabinogi's story and characters with friends that don't want to play the game
  • DDSNDDSN
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    I'd love to help out somehow!
  • ParodiParodi
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    ThePravin wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm not sure I'd be helpful, here. (Also, hi, it me.)
    I currently only have recordings of g9~13 and for storage reasons I discard footage I no longer need on a fairly regular basis.
    I'm also much less thorough than this, as my videos are more detailed summary and discussion than a direct source.