Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pipkin Is Streaming Mabinogi

TNinjaTNinja
Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
edited April 27, 2022 in Town Square

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    So how does that work? Voice altering software and software that reads live video of a face and translates it to Anime character?
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Helsa wrote: »
    So how does that work? Voice altering software and software that reads live video of a face and translates it to Anime character?

Huh? It's just a face tracking software using a webcam, then throw the inputs to a rigged model.

On another note, during stream, she brought a few people to the jousting prelamination.
  • HelsaHelsa
    TNinja wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

Huh? It's just a face tracking software using a webcam, then throw the inputs to a rigged model.

Yeah I saw some vids explaining the software. I guess Pipkin was one of the first to use it as their "hook".
    TNinja wrote: »
    On another note, during stream, she brought a few people to the jousting prelamination.

Oh, cool! Lemme scroll through it quickly, I'll see if I know anyone ...

Sitting on the platform, minding their own business was our own @Musicat.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    nothing against VTubers but I could never do it. if I was brave enough to stream or make videos I would rather show my face or not use a webcam at all. while she does have a cute avatar something about interacting with real faces just makes the stream feel more genuine.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Negumiko wrote: »
    nothing against VTubers but I could never do it. if I was brave enough to stream or make videos I would rather show my face or not use a webcam at all. while she does have a cute avatar something about interacting with real faces just makes the stream feel more genuine.

I think the appeal might be the same kind of mindset about why some folks want Mabinogi to retain it's Anime look rather than upgrading the graphics to the realistic current style in games.