Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Garbage Attendance Events

ExaetaExaeta
Mabinogi Rep: 710
edited June 5, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
Attendance events are nothing new... but this is another kind of garbage.
Every day, spend at least 36 minutes logged in to Mabinogi on your main character to receive a reward.
To receive your reward, you must use the Attendance Scroll and click 'Receive Gift.'
There is a maximum of 28 rewards to collect during the event period.

You can only get all the pouches/expansions if you attend the event every single day. And the bag coupon isn't even tradable. I call bullshit on this. Nobody should be expected to play a video game every day for 28 days without interruption.

I've never seen something as valuable locked behind an attendance wall like this. Nexon abusing the playerbase with darkpatterns is nothing new, but this is a lot more extreme than anything I've seen before. Usually such items aren't good or are tradable, this event simply permanents locks you out of a best in slot storage item for missing 1 day of attendance? Seriously Nexon?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Yikes. It's not anyone's fault if you can't even leave Mabinogi on for just 36 minutes within 24 hours.
    Leinei
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    edited June 7, 2022
    I'm surprised that the complaint is not aimed at the bag being a Shop bag instead of a regular bag.

No devs, I've already got a Devcat bag and replacing it with a space somewhat bigger isn't worth the trouble. My mule can keep the bag, though.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Unpayed wrote: »
    I'm surprised that the complaint is not aimed at the bag being a Shop bag instead of a regular bag.

No devs, I've already got a Devcat bag and replacing it with a space somewhat bigger isn't worth the trouble. My mule can keep the bag, though.

Mhm, mules are where old bags go do die, I mean live on.
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Helsa wrote: »
    Unpayed wrote: »

Mhm, mules are where old bags go do die, I mean live on.

To clarify:
    No thanks game. I dont want to replace my current shopping bag, it works 100% better until that even bag is fully upgraded. Even so that Event bag would be thrown to a mule and please STOP MAKING THESE EVENT BAGS A PERSONAL SHOP BAG.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    This event is actually a copy of the event they ran last year, hence the Season 2 title. Many players actually got locked out of the full sized bag last year bc of natural disasters that left many without power. Personally, bc it's a shop bag, it's not that valuable of a reward, with the real value being day 21 (the free mir dragon)