Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Great Era of Commerce - Part 1

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited June 28, 2022 in Vault
Check out the details of the Great Era of Commerce Part 1 update!

220617_juneupdate_socials_newsarticleheader_940x290.png
Negumiko

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Finally the commerce update is about to begin!
    df87yni-0a626d71-4c09-4515-b015-58fd904428f0.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzNWRiYWVjLWEwN2ItNGNmYy04ZWY0LTdmZmQ2Yjg2Nzk4OFwvZGY4N3luaS0wYTYyNmQ3MS00YzA5LTQ1MTUtYjAxNS01OGZkOTA0NDI4ZjAucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.mrx0jvTulexyDqaASb2JtoGAPF1m_LZrHd_fGG2ODyQ
  • KisarayaKisaraya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    edited June 28, 2022
    Ok maybe I missed something but this mention of seasonal ducats makes me a little nervous. There is a lot of information that seems to be missing, particularly how the new commerce pets and 'skiffs' work. I will say I do not like you can only RENT them. Maybe there will be more information related tomorrow, but as of right now, I imagine a lot of people will be upset without a ton more clarification.

I read the section on seasonal ducats, but it still seems sketchy. The system will automatically convert seasonal ducats to ducats at the end of the season? So why did you put an npc in to convert seasonal ducats to ducats and vice versa that only works once a day? To me, it seems suspicious. Like Nexon wants to eliminate regular ducats for a seasonal pass type thing, and if you don't spend all your time grinding, sorry you have to try again.

Maybe I'm wrong. However, I've been playing long enough to pay attention to what is not being said. A lot of games lately have been making promises, games with a lot more money then Mabinogi does, and fail spectacularly in its execution. May I remind everyone of how wonderful the last server merge plans went? And if this current commerce season works like it has for the last few weeks, I am not impressed. Unless you spend all day grinding (much like old part time jobs), forget making much progress, let along buy the ridiculously priced items.

Where are systems to convert ducats to gold, or vice versa? Where are the systems to commerce with your guild as advertised in the videos? Where are the airships particularly airship battles? We don't get those? Funny, sort of seems like a plan to bait and switch. Maybe more information will be released later to change my mind, but as of right now. I am EXTREMELY disappointed, and can kinda see why someone like Supreme might leave.
  • LunabeeLunabee
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    I'm so glad to see a commerce update and a big one at that! I'm not going to read too deeply into it because I like some surprises. ^^

A side note but I wish there was a pronunciation guide every time new NPCs (and even for the old ones) are introduced. I see some new names I'm going to absolutely butcher. Lol
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    We can't fish at Port Connous or Port Sella. Please add fishing to these two new Ports. They are such beautiful areas perfect my for future fishing events.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Negumiko wrote: »
    We can't fish at Port Connous or Port Sella. Please add fishing to these two new Ports. They are such beautiful areas perfect my for future fishing events.

I know, right? I tried fishing at the first port I went to. :(

@Kisaraya
    The reason for the seasonal ducats is to give ppl some competition. The reason for the transition is due to the purchasing of products in the store. Same goes for the other way around when you run low on seasonal ducats you can transfer some so you can buy more products with seasonal for your commerce. This way you can't completely deplete yourself of Ducats in either way. With the information chart it's easier to keep track of the rates unless people are group caravanning then you just hope they aren't transporting the same goods you are at once.

To answer the last part of your questions, is that they will be implemented in July 28th or something since they stated Party Commencing then and such. This should balance out the commerce in general. I'm not sure why they didn't just put out the whole thing so it could balance out better. People really want to party this commerce due to the long wait times on the ships as well as the travel.
  • EunjaiEunjai
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    It would have been nicer too if they would put background music in the Iria continent. The new song for commencing sounds really nice but once you get out of it. Iria seems so dull without any background music.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    T___T The dog and the camel are a godsend.

On another note, you can't skip sea travel/bridges between regions by using the underground cave systems within Iria. I tried. ;D

What I wish would've been implemented was Commerce between Iria and Uladh or even within just Iria rewarding Exploration EXP. Other activities within Iria do this (rafting, hot-air ballooning, killing certain dungeon monsters, etc.). You would think traversing the continent(s) would count as exploring, right? It would provide an added benefit to the system as well as an alternative way to gain Exploration levels.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Fluorette wrote: »
    T___T The dog and the camel are a godsend.

On another note, you can't skip sea travel/bridges between regions by using the underground cave systems within Iria. I tried. ;D

What I wish would've been implemented was Commerce between Iria and Uladh or even within just Iria rewarding Exploration EXP. Other activities within Iria do this (rafting, hot-air ballooning, killing certain dungeon monsters, etc.). You would think traversing the continent(s) would count as exploring, right? It would provide an added benefit to the system as well as an alternative way to gain Exploration levels.

There will be more Exploration added to Iria Commerce in Part 2 of the Update. We will get commerce chests and commerce artifacts we can find with Exploration:
    df4judj-8c99a062-e3fa-42c5-88db-35297e90d330.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzNWRiYWVjLWEwN2ItNGNmYy04ZWY0LTdmZmQ2Yjg2Nzk4OFwvZGY0anVkai04Yzk5YTA2Mi1lM2ZhLTQyYzUtODhkYi0zNTI5N2U5MGQzMzAucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0._qW9TusX8_elb6AFaK_sAWD5Z_Vzu7QGllFUVz4r2Zg
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    I meant earning the EXP through the typical means of engaging in Commerce itself, just as you earn regular EXP
    but that's nice too I guess