Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Commerce Bug - Character freeze

PallasPallas
Mabinogi Rep: 840
edited July 4, 2022 in Bugs and Glitches
After buying or selling commerce goods and then closing the trade window, there is a chance that the trade windows spontaneously reopens after a brief delay. The character is frozen after this happens.

Movement by clicking on the ground, clicking on the minimap, or the WASD keys all fail to move the character. Dismount (in the case where commerce goods were just bought) does not work. It is not possible to use items or skills. Items cannot be picked up from the inventory in this state.

I've had this happen to me at end of trade runs in the last few weeks, before the Great Season of Commerce Part 1 patch. It was a minor annoyance since I could just re-log without loss. Today, it happened as I was starting a trade run, so I have to eat the log-out penalty.

Today it happened in Cor. I remember it happening at both Tara and Tir Chonaill trade posts previously.

Edit: Video demonstrating movement attempts on Vimeo:
Note how the clicks were registering on the minimap, but the character isn't even turning.
Fluorette

Comments

• aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Me too. Only have noticed it on Ch 8 and only at Vales. It's happened maybe twice to me. I now avoid Ch. 8.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    aeternitis wrote: »
    Me too. Only have noticed it on Ch 8 and only at Vales. It's happened maybe twice to me. I now avoid Ch. 8.

It happened to me on a non-CH 8 channel and at the Tara Trading Post, so it's definitely not just those two conditions.