Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Producer's Letter: Team Status Update and News

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
in News and Announcements
Dear Milletians,

I am writing to you today to update you on the current status of our team and share a brief outlook of what’s next for us in Mabinogi this year!

Please let me introduce myself; I am GM Mewlynne, your new Mabinogi Producer. It’s nice to meet you! And for those who already know me, hello! We last left off with our Producer, GM Supreme, sharing his farewell as he has moved on from Nexon America. I am honored to have worked alongside Supreme while he was on the team. He is an admirable mentor and friend, and I am proud to be his successor.

To share a bit about myself, I’ve been working with the Mabinogi team since 2016, and have been a Milletian since 2008. I’ve spent countless hours playing, testing, and living my fantasy life in Mabinogi, so I’ve been an advocate for Milletians since the very beginning. I started my journey at Nexon on the Customer Support team before joining the Production team. To be honest, it’s hard to believe that I have made it here; it was always my dream! I will continue to support you and the game moving forward, and I’m very delighted to be in this role. Please give me a bit more time to get settled, and I’d love to see you all in-game for a GM event sometime.

The Mabinogi Team has been working on quite a few things this year. We are so excited to have brought the community together in Erinn and hope to continue the adventures with our upcoming content updates. In the fall, we will first focus on polishing older content with updates such as the Chapter 1 Masterpiece update, Raid improvements, and multiple Quality of Life changes. We are also working hard to bring the progression improvement update that has been recently introduced in Korea along with exciting new talent content to NA by this winter.

I’m looking forward to sharing more details with you in the near future through the Producer’s Letter again.

Sincerely,

GM Mewlynne
Mabinogi Producer

Hi Milletians,

I have important news to announce: Friday, July 29th, 2022 will be my last day as your Community Manager, as I will be leaving Nexon America for a new adventure. I have been on the Mabinogi team since 2017 and have been a Milletian since 2008.

My time spent being your Community Manager has been an amazing experience and I will miss each and every one of you. Thank you to everyone on the Mabinogi Team for believing in me and helping me take the next step from a QA tester to a Community Manager. I know that Mabinogi will continue to do great things in my absence; just take a look at all of the exciting updates that we have coming this year alone!

To everyone in the community, thank you for welcoming me with open arms and for attending each and every one of my streams. I loved being your Community Manager and I look forward to seeing your excitement for the upcoming content as a player in the future. Until next time, Milletians.

Sincerely,

Katherz
Queen of Cheese Management
Milletians Don’t Read Club President

Thank you for your constant support, Milletians. While our team bids farewell to Katherz, she has made an everlasting impact that will not be forgotten. Please join us in Discord and keep an eye on our future posts as we will continue to update you on what’s to come.

- The Mabinogi Team

Comments

• KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Milletians, I wanted to introduce CM Smallerbee, who is the CM for KartRider: Drift. He will be temporarily helping out Mabinogi!
  • SmallerbeeSmallerbee
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Member, Administrator, Nexon
    Katherz wrote: »
    Milletians, I wanted to introduce CM Smallerbee, who is the CM for KartRider: Drift. He will be temporarily helping out Mabinogi!

Hey Milletians!

I’m really excited to meet everyone and officially join the community! While it’s sad to see Katherz go, I’m very excited for her and all the big things coming up next.

While I will just be your temporary Community Manager, I want you all to know that I am here for whatever you need! My DMs are always open, so if you don’t feel comfortable asking something in a public chat feel free to reach out. If any of you are into Nexon’s other titles you may already know me from the upcoming KartRIder: Drift, and I look forward to meeting everyone else!

To tell you a little bit about myself, I’m an avid competitive gamer with a long history in the field. I got my start doing shoutcasting for esports and running tournaments. That doesn’t mean I’m not an RPG fan though! I’m a soulsborne die hard through and through, plus I go crazy for the old school 2D RPGs like Baldur’s Gate and Divinity. I’ve always enjoyed MMORPGs too, most recently I’ve dabbled in Elder Scrolls Online!

To refresh myself, I’m gonna be grinding Mabinogi hard this week, so if you have any tips send them my way. I’ll see you in Erinn!
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited July 25, 2022
    Just to avoid any confusion, @Mewlynne is not Melwyn. Congratz on your promotion, or should I say my sympathies. ;)
  • LunabeeLunabee
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    Smallerbee wrote: »
    To refresh myself, I’m gonna be grinding Mabinogi hard this week, so if you have any tips send them my way. I’ll see you in Erinn!

I recently started playing again and have had to relearn soooo much. I'd be completely lost without the Mabinogi Wiki and all the awesome people who keep it updated. I definitely recommend having it open while playing.

Even if it is just temporary, I wish you a warm welcome! :)
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited July 28, 2022
    Smallerbee wrote: »

@Smallerbee© 2022 (Lennon, McCartney, Helsa0151+Alexina)

When I find myself in times of trouble
    Mother Mary comes to me
    Speaking words of wisdom
    @Smallerbee
    And in my hour of darkness
    She is standing right in front of me
    Speaking words of wisdom
    @Smallerbee
    @Smallerbee, @Smallerbee
    @Smallerbee, @Smallerbee
    Whisper words of wisdom
    @Smallerbee
    And when the brokenhearted people
    Living in the world agree
    There will be an answer
    @Smallerbee
    For though they may be parted
    There is still a chance that they will see
    There will be an answer
    @Smallerbee
    @Smallerbee, @Smallerbee
    @Smallerbee, @Smallerbee
    Yeah, there will be an answer
    @Smallerbee
    @Smallerbee, @Smallerbee
    @Smallerbee, @Smallerbee
    Whisper words of wisdom
    @Smallerbee
    @Smallerbee, @Smallerbee
    @Smallerbee, yeah, @Smallerbee
    Whisper words of wisdom
    @Smallerbee
    And when the night is cloudy
    There is still a light that shines on me
    Shine on 'til tomorrow
    @Smallerbee
    I wake up to the sound of music
    Mother Mary comes to me
    Speaking words of wisdom
    @Smallerbee, yeah
    @Smallerbee, @Smallerbee
    Oh, there will be an answer
    @Smallerbee
    @Smallerbee, @Smallerbee
    Whisper words of wisdom
    @Smallerbee

• HelsaHelsa
    @Katherz has left the building.
  • SoraSora
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    edited July 30, 2022
    Ok 2 things mabinogi needs channel 1 needs a upgrade some how can we get more players here like 2000 no joke
    Next stability open source is a highly capable option that can be compartmentalized if you get what i mean but what mabinogi really needs is a graphics upgrade the blocky style only works in minecraft the 3rd part has been something that feels like mabinogi remasted or mobile will change ultimately being another game
  • Halvaard42Halvaard42
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    edited July 31, 2022
    Maybe it's just me, as I don't see anyone else complaining, but I never got the pet boxes I won on Katherz' last stream.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited August 2, 2022
    When Inventory Plus became free years and years ago everyone was able to open their own personal shops. Before that you had to buy Inventory Plus, or better, to do so, or keep every character in your account under total level 30. Even way back then, most of the player base was on Alexina. So, as a result of free Inventory Plus, channel 1 was full all the time. So, the shops spilled over to channel 2 then 3 and so on. People will adapt.

Remember, just before the merge that created Nao, Nexon took their servers out-of-house to a third-party provider. IIRC it was Amazon in Oregon. So, replacing servers is up to Amazon not Nexon. Huge web presence companies like Amazon and, say, YouTube, literally have millions of servers housing their databases. Servers are really expensive so such companies probably get bulk order discounts meaning that replacing them only occurs when another very large order is warranted.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Wait. Isn't the title "producer" a pretty high rank in a game development team?
  • HelsaHelsa
    TNinja wrote: »
    Wait. Isn't the title "producer" a pretty high rank in a game development team?

If they aren't in asia, they're mid-managment at best.