Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

group commerce issue

shikahrilshikahril
Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
in General Chat
took the boat from qilla to uldah to get to vales while doing group commerce, got all the way to the boat to vales and it popped up with a message saying there was no point going to uldah, and refused to let me take the boats to either vales or filia

luckily it did allow the boat back to qilla, otherwise i would have had to drop the full load due to a issue on nexons end

if you dont want us to go to uldah and use the boats, dont allow us to use qilla's to get there in the first place...

i want to post this here, hopefully it will save some of you a long pointless run

Comments

• StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    I agree it shouldn't let you use the boats to leave Iria if the idea is you have to stay. It's implied that you're staying considering the merchant group boards are only in Iria, and only the iria trading posts are options on the start/destination drop downs. Out of curiosity, were you traveling on foot, or airship?
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    edited July 28, 2022
    Dang! I wish I had read this post before getting on the boat.

@Stormbeast I was on foot.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    shikahril wrote: »
    took the boat from qilla to uldah to get to vales while doing group commerce, got all the way to the boat to vales and it popped up with a message saying there was no point going to uldah, and refused to let me take the boats to either vales or filia

luckily it did allow the boat back to qilla, otherwise i would have had to drop the full load due to a issue on nexons end

if you dont want us to go to uldah and use the boats, dont allow us to use qilla's to get there in the first place...

i want to post this here, hopefully it will save some of you a long pointless run

Wait what! You're in Quilla, with a transport full of Irian goods. You decide you want to go to Vales. You take the boat to Port Cobh; it let's you. You walk to Port Ceann, dodging bandits the whole way. At Port Ceann, you try to take the boat to Port Sella and it doesn't let you board? I mean, that would actually take effort to program that in! What if you want to do the same run but, this time, you leave a little spare capacity first, fill up the difference, say in Port Cobh THEN try to get on the boat to Port Sella? Even if that works, that would be a really stupid kludge. Denying use of sea travel is stupid. It's what would happen in the real world. This is a change everyone should beach about.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    edited July 28, 2022
    Helsa wrote: »
    shikahril wrote: »

Wait what! You're in Quilla, with a transport full of Irian goods. You decide you want to go to Vales. You take the boat to Port Cobh; it let's you. You walk to Port Ceann, dodging bandits the whole way. At Port Ceann, you try to take the boat to Port Sella and it doesn't let you board? I mean, that would actually take effort to program that in! What if you want to do the same run but, this time, you leave a little spare capacity first, fill up the difference, say in Port Cobh THEN try to get on the boat to Port Sella? Even if that works, that would be a really stupid kludge. Denying use of sea travel is stupid. It's what would happen in the real world. This is a change everyone should beach about.

Once you start a trade in commerce party, nobody can buy more goods until the entire party sells.

Furthermore, it appears as though it's only denying using sea travel to circumvent actually walking to the target destination. Since all of the goods have absolutely no value in uladh, I'm shocked it would allow you to get on the qilla boat with them, but not so shocked it wouldn't let you boat to vales.
    Commerce Parties are Iria ONLY
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Stormbeast wrote: »
    ... it appears as though it's only denying using sea travel to circumvent actually walking to the target destination ...

Oh definitely, for sure that's EXACTLY what it is. You're still paying for it in time though. I haven't done the new commerce yet so I assume there are no sea pirate raids as yet? So, of course using ships you pay with time to have less danger. The thing is, is it really THAT big of deal if people could do this? If not then let folks think they're getting away with a fast one vis-a-vis Nexon. It'll mean they'll be enjoying playing the game more. They have a choice, take a chance to get to the destination sooner or play it safer but take more time. If that can be the case then that seems like a good game mechanic as it gives the player choices.
  • shikahrilshikahril
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    Stormbeast wrote: »
    I agree it shouldn't let you use the boats to leave Iria if the idea is you have to stay. It's implied that you're staying considering the merchant group boards are only in Iria, and only the iria trading posts are options on the start/destination drop downs. Out of curiosity, were you traveling on foot, or airship?

i was on foot
  • nikyahnikyah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,150
    Well now it looks like there are no boards to start a group commercing run.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    nikyah wrote: »
    Well now it looks like there are no boards to start a group commercing run.

I'm still seeing the board in qilla, haven't checked the other towns.