Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What's the benefit of Air-Transport commercing

AgentJeanAgentJean
Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
edited August 1, 2022 in General Chat
Red Dragon impossibility issues aside what perks does it offer over group ground commerce?

The other night I did a group run from Qilia to Cor and we found 2 treasure chest giving us an extra 140k ducats on top of our trade profits.

Comments

• CocoshiCocoshi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    I'm not a doctor, but if you suffer from low blood pressure, one medical benefit is that getting 3 dragons in a row will spike that right up for ya.
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    edited August 2, 2022
    I said Red Dragon issues aside.
    What's the point? As far as I know there are no treasure chests in the sky that give up to 500k ducats, ground transport doesn't cost 10 million to rent, and bandits are avoidable.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,390
    edited August 2, 2022
    I haven't tried it yet and, I must say, these Red Dragon complaints don't make me all that keen to do so but, Red Dragon issues aside, maybe it's a lot faster? Maybe it gives higher profits? Maybe air transport has much higher capacity?
  • HoldHold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,480
    Helsa wrote: »
    I haven't tried it yet and, I must say, these Red Dragon complaints don't make me all that keen to do so but, Red Dragon issues aside, maybe it's a lot faster? Maybe it gives higher profits? Maybe air transport has much higher capacity?

I tried it with guild mates a few times, it was pretty bad. To give a run down.

1) Encounters are random .
    2) Encounters are unavoidable .
    3) Encounters will be 50% chance of either Red Dragon Boss or Wyverns.
    4) Wyverns are basically the same as hot air ballooning(maybe a tad more HP?) so long range is necessary.
    4a) Since air trade is pretty much like hot air ballooning, lots of skills are unusable and boils down to Archery or Duel Guns and maybe magic.
    5) Red Dragon Boss's HP is based off the number of hits instead of raw damage so Duel Guns are pretty much preferred.
    5a) You have like 30 or so seconds to kill the boss if not, Red Dragon takes off a pretty large chunk of your ship's HP(almost 1/3) .
    5b) Wyverns can also take off a small chunk of your ship's HP as well if not dealt with fast enough, even if the damage seems little, it adds up when Red Dragon spawns and you fail to kill it.
    6) No way to recover ship's HP.
    7) You can buy special ballista from the ducat shop and they cost gold instead of ducats.
    7a) 2 other items you can buy from that shop are Enchantment Stones and Protection Stones that cost gold as well.
    7b) Enchantment Stones boost the ballista's speed while Protection Stones makes your ship invulnerable, both lasting for like 3 or so seconds.

Knowing all this it seems like the trick is to have a big party with Duel Guns and buff anything that gives attack speed and -attack delays. Vivice bard buffs and Finest Lavender scented candles along with attack speed reforges and enchants would probably do wonders here. For Wyverns I'd use bows as they fly all over the place and can be annoying to target, guns if you don't have a bow on you, and ballistas I probably wouldn't bother because of how hard it is to target. Its pretty annoying how a lot of magic skills are blocked but bolt magic might be decent on Wyverns.

For Red Dragon I'd have everyone switch to guns and just keep attacking the feet. Someone on reddit mentioned that ballistas did decent damage but I could hardly tell when I did it. You also need to aim for the dragon's chest if you do use the ballista. And anyone can use the Enchantment Stones and Protection Stones so I guess you need to keep those buffs up as well.

That's my 2 cents though but I've only done it a few times all of which were negative results. I need to get back into it and see if all the above hold true.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited August 4, 2022
    My friend and I can usually take down a dragon with just the two of us.

If the dragon is out of range, aim for a different body part. If no body parts are in range, change to another ballista. If only one or none of the ballistas work then you probably won't have time to turn the boat. When you get better at piloting you might be able to rotate the ship quickly for a better angle before jumping onto a ballista. In battle the ship can continue to rotate even after you stop piloting it.

If you have extra people, they should take turns using the enchantment stones. I don't think it's worth unequipping a ballista that already has a locked target to use a stone. Also Way of Gun can help give an edge for those extra people.

Hope this helps.

But red dragon aside:

I've not done land party commerce yet, but from what you've said it sounds like it's better for the ducats boosts. I guess the airship is just faster and can carry more?
    Defeating wyverns/dragon can increase profit, but it's like a 1/3 chance to increase profit by 1%. (The other possible buffs are speed +10% and reputation +1% iirc)

Also, please Nexon. The bolts in the shop is only in 1s? You can easily get through 20 per run. Please let us buy them in larger stacks.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited August 4, 2022
    Not sure why there are so many complaints about the Red Dragon. Although I have not done air commerce myself I watched many Korean streamers do air commerce long before we got the update and they make it look easy so we must be doing something wrong.
    AgentJean wrote: »
    Red Dragon impossibility issues aside what perks does it offer over group ground commerce?

The other night I did a group run from Qilia to Cor and we found 2 treasure chest giving us an extra 140k ducats on top of our trade profits.

I found a chest that gave 100k seasonal ducats, the commerce chests and artifacts you can find during group commerce runs on land is extremely useful and a welcome change. Before I wouldn't usually recommend a player new to commerce starting in Iria but if the have friends to party with one or two chests could get them the 100k they need to get the horse wagon mount much faster. The point of group commerce is to do it as group and encourage players to play together without forcing us to but those commerce chests are certainly good motivation.

Personally overall I love almost every single thing about this big two part commerce update. Nexon is doing a good job for once and now we have doll bags that collect bandit badges which has been suggested in the forums before. Although I do agree the price for rental commerce mounts could be a little lower.

Link: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/75619/commerce-companions-doll-bag-box
    dfalwqw-e5588562-1d70-48c2-82d3-83e1ccf9a2a8.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzNWRiYWVjLWEwN2ItNGNmYy04ZWY0LTdmZmQ2Yjg2Nzk4OFwvZGZhbHdxdy1lNTU4ODU2Mi0xZDcwLTQ4YzItODJkMy04M2UxY2NmOWEyYTgucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.AREknNURUN9T2bFjD_6knNWmvDTJAm8gds9Fw4FTVsY
    (Those two doll bags that collect bandit badges have the higher drop rate than the other ones).
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,390
    edited August 4, 2022
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Not sure why there are so many complaints about the Red Dragon. Although I have not done air commerce myself I watched many Korean streamers do air commerce long before we got the update and they make it look easy so we must be doing something wrong.

If this really is a case of NA-players not knowing what they're doing then posting those videoes might bring a lot of relief and happiness to the those frustrated players that have tried. They should be able to see what they're missing that way. More happy players is better for Mabinogi NA afterall.

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Helsa wrote: »
    Negumiko wrote: »

If this really is a case of NA-players not knowing what they're doing then posting those videoes might bring a lot of relief and happiness to the those frustrated players that have tried. They should be able to see what they're missing that way. More happy players is better for Mabinogi NA afterall.

I watched a lot of it on Twitch so it is difficult to find any videos there that I could actually post here. My advice is check out the Mabinogi streams on Twitch and if you get lucky a random Korean streamer will be doing the new commerce. I did find one youtube video through the mabi kr website though after digging through 20 pages.

8:13 to 9:00 minutes is the Red Dragon fight, 9:30 to 9:45 Wyvern fight, 13:31 to 13:54 another red Dragon fight, and 17:42 to 18:08 glitched Wyvern fight: