Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Six Consecutive Red Dragon Attacks

RomanjiRomanji
Mabinogi Rep: 300
edited July 28, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
300+ attacks to kill one red dragon before it does a devastating over 900/3000 points/health of damage to my airship isn't exactly the most enjoyable experience while doing commerce. Can this be tweaked?
That doesn't even consider the fact that even if you kill every wyvern spawn instantly you'll still easily lose 100~300 HP in seconds to normal spawns

And all this HP cannot be manually recovered only randomly recovered.

PS: tried using the on board ballista on the dragon, wouldn't even aim, stuck at 0%. tried on all 6 different ballista options.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Romanji wrote: »
    300+ attacks to kill one red dragon before it does a devastating over 900/3000 points/health of damage to my airship isn't exactly the most enjoyable experience while doing commerce. Can this be tweaked?
    That doesn't even consider the fact that even if you kill every wyvern spawn instantly you'll still easily lose 100~300 HP in seconds to normal spawns

PS: tried using the on board ballista on the dragon, wouldn't even aim, stuck at 0%. tried on all 6 different ballista options.

That sounds super frustrating. We're you solo or in a group? Could this be one of those situations where Nexon expects you to use a party but makes you figure that out the hard way as they are wont to do?

BTW, aren't you a giant from Alexina; I think I jousted you once, your name is familiar?
  • RomanjiRomanji
    Helsa wrote: »

That sounds super frustrating. We're you solo or in a group? Could this be one of those situations where Nexon expects you to use a party but makes you figure that out the hard way as they are wont to do?

BTW, aren't you a giant from Alexina; I think I jousted you once, your name is familiar?

you have to be in a group to do group commerce, but still even with 3 people all using WOTG still wasn't enough, red dragon attacked at 90/350~ HP

And yeah i used to joust a bunch on Alexina.

Still no damn reliable way to repair and wyvern damage is 100% unavoidable even if the dragon Is potentially avoidable
  • RomanjiRomanji
    got 4 red dragon spawns just leaving from Fillia to the entrance of Karu forest
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

<sarcasm>WOW! I REALLY wanna try out this new commerce now! GAWD!</sarcasm> I remember in the old days of commerce, one person in the group would be the designated victim, so they went in front and took the bandits attention, and then either each attack or each run you'd rotate. Would that kind of thing work here?
  • RomanjiRomanji
    Helsa wrote: »

<sarcasm>WOW! I REALLY wanna try out this new commerce now! GAWD!</sarcasm> I remember in the old days of commerce, one person in the group would be the designated victim, so they went in front and took the bandits attention, and then either each attack or each run you'd rotate. Would that kind of thing work here?

sadly no, it's everyone on a single airship
    and all damage done to everyone does damage to the airship; the airship you cannot manually repair, heal or mend.
    Seemingly random events heal the airship that cannot be controlled and it isn't even a full heal.

Even a bad wyvern attack where everyone takes 1 damage can easily take out 900HP off an airship
  • An0nym0usAn0nym0us
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    edited July 28, 2022
    A few tweeks and bug fixes may be necessary.
  • RomanjiRomanji
    Can't even attack wyverns because of this horse unfixed hot-air balloon proximity and height discrepancy
    Nexon had like 10 years to address the issue with not being able to attack a wyvern that's 10 feet above you now a major update is suffering because of their ineptitude
  • RomanjiRomanji
    On top of the fact that I would be 10x more lenient if you could actually reliably repair your airship.
  • RomanjiRomanji
    Seemingly all range that has an aim percentile is completely broken and stays at 0% no matter what
  • CocoshiCocoshi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    Nexon, y'all need to either:

- Massively reduce Red Dragon spawn rate, or
    - Reduce Red Dragon hit count by 20-25%, or
    - Reduce how much damage Red Dragon does to the air ship, or
    - Make Red Dragon HP based instead of hit based.

Commerce isn't end game content, and shouldn't require endgame builds to hit it fast enough. I've been in a team of 8 where 4-5 of us have been playing since 2008. There's no reason why RNG is the only factor in whether your commerce trip is successful or not.
  • RomanjiRomanji
    Cocoshi wrote: »

Commerce isn't end game content, and shouldn't require endgame builds to hit it fast enough. I've been in a team of 8 where 4-5 of us have been playing since 2008. There's no reason why RNG is the only factor in whether your commerce trip is successful or not.

End game build?
    My fellow mabi brother in christ, i've got people level 20,000+ with r1 every skill in the game, r1 reforged 3line dual guns
    WE STILL CANT KILL THE DAMN THING!
    I don't even know how much damage ballista does because it's glitched and wont gain aim%

and the dragon SCALES TO THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE
    WHICH MEANS NEXON EXPECTS YOU TO DO 300+ HITS WITH TWO PEOPLE

If that aint the dumbest . Can't even seem to life-steal and 1shot it with the lifesteal jank.
    can't hydra it, can't sleep it, can't sandburst it, Three level 20k+ people with WOTG active with dowras and vivace buffed can't kill it

Nexon NEEDS to hire ACTUAL players that ACTUALLY play the game to balance it LOGICALLY and REALISTICALLY you can't just slap an arbitrary number to something and call it content.

Wish i knew how i could apply to be a tester or something, i would gladly do it for free
  • CocoshiCocoshi

End game build?
    My fellow mabi brother in christ, i've got people level 20,000+ with r1 every skill in the game, r1 reforged 3line dual guns
    I don't even know how much damage ballista does because it's glitched and wont gain aim%

If that aint the dumbest . Can't even seem to life-steal and 1shot it with the lifesteal jank.
    can't hydra it, can't sleep it, can't sandburst it, Three level 20k+ people with WOTG active with dowras and vivace buffed can't kill it

Nexon NEEDS to hire ACTUAL players that ACTUALLY play the game to balance it LOGICALLY and REALISTICALLY you can't just slap an arbitrary number to something and call it content.

Wish i knew how i could apply to be a tester or something, i would gladly do it for free

Hard agree. At one point my team was 8 people who had been playing since 2008. Our cumulative level is 250,000+ since we were all well over 35k, not counting explorations.

And we were still nowhere close.
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485

End game build?

I'll apply for free also.

Assuming Nexon NA can edit the balances there should be group tests on the content.

`1. The Steamroller - This group steamrolls content with their P2W reforges and stats. Nuff Said.
    2. The "I don't need Reforges" - This group is able to run the content without reforges.
    3. The Oks - This group is average. They can run the content, but has some faults in their group.
    4. The Struggle - This group struggles on the content, but struggles to avoid a wipe/fail.
    5. The Disaster - This group can't handle the content outside of RNG or unfair tactics.

Right now, that airship is nothing but a Ducat Sink in disguise. While it's faster, we can actually get things done safer on the ground. Bandits degenerates to Novices after the first transition, the only dangers we would encounter is falling to Ant Hell and the Dragons, which we can GTFO.
  • CocoshiCocoshi
    Unpayed wrote: »
    Right now, that airship is nothing but a Ducat Sink in disguise. While it's faster, we can actually get things done safer on the ground. Bandits degenerates to Novices after the first transition, the only dangers we would encounter is falling to Ant Hell and the Dragons, which we can GTFO.

You can fall into ant hell during commerce??? ??? I though commerce barred entering any inside areas, since you can't take nubes to vales from qilla.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Huh, I recall that archery was the king of the skies when people were doing air balloons back then. Because of the insane range long bows had.

That's not working now?
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    edited August 5, 2022
    Unpayed wrote: »

You can fall into ant hell during commerce??? ??? I though commerce barred entering any inside areas, since you can't take nubes to vales from qilla.

Assuming if we can, I dont want to try and know.

• RomanjiRomanji
    TNinja wrote: »
    Huh, I recall that archery was the king of the skies when people were doing air balloons back then. Because of the insane range long bows had.

That's not working now?

For some reason last time i tried, The Ballista and the Bows aren't gaining Aiming Percentages on the airship.
    gonna try again soon