Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Feedback Update Goods and Bads

UnpayedUnpayed
Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
edited September 23, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

While the QoL update is a great Edition for Mabi, the Raid update... it's a miss a few ways.

Here's what I can say about the update:

1. Dry Ovens are simplified and I can Metal Convert my multiple stacks of Unknown ores to Iron Ingots. MUCH needed instead of converting them from one by one. Synthesis items can now be registered, which helps on Arat Dupes and Four Leaf clovers (yay).
The Bad:
- I don't why the Old UI has to be removed and why couldn't they keep the old interface and have them on Tabs instead of opening two windows to use the oven. Why couldn't they just make the improvements of Sythesis and add the "Auto Registers" to the old UIs.

2. Raids are harder, and now we can get the materials we want by using the Mementos. However...

The Bad: (EDIT)
- The White Dragon Transformation can be forever out of reach to newbies...
- HP regeneration of monsters seems to make monsters impossible to solo to normals.
- The contribution minimum is 5000, a number that should be okay but...
- The New skill looks like it was hastily added to add difficulty to raids.
The Badder:
- You lose a signficant amount of contribution on dying on certain raids. Considering that you can get cheap shotted by a Petrification breath or...
The Horrible:
- Some raid bosses are given Impending Death. This eventually kills the target if not magic healed in time (Mabi sucks on healing, by the way). This also applies to two random targets if the initial target dies. Considering that this is an OPEN FIELD AND MOST OF US DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN A PARTY this is hard to resist without losing contribution.
The More Horrible:
- This Impending Death can be exploited by trolls/griefers by setting up mules or themselves to purposely die by Impending Death and spread it like the Corrupted Plague from WoW. Unfortunately, the spread hits random, so if you have less than 5k points, TOO BAD, YOU'RE DYING AND HAVE TO RESTART.
What can be changed:
- Have Impending Death apply to top contributors instead of low contributors. PLAYTEST THESE CONTENT WITHOUT GOD TIER REFORGES.
- Have Party Heal hit the raid party. (Area of Effect?)
- Have the game warn the skill being used by the raid monster.
- Remove Life Ender.
- Remove the fast HP Regeneration,
- Decrease the Contribution loss.
- Decrease the Contribution minimum. Some of us cannot deal that much damage without getting killed by Impending death or by Cheap shots.

3. Raid Teleport - You can now use the Raid Messenger to Teleport to the raid location. It's nice, but...

The Bad:
The traveler guide doesn't have this function. Some of us are out in the field ourselves and may require to move around.
What can be changed:
- Allow the travel guide to teleport us to the raid.

4. Weapon Break -
No Longer we have the fear of losing our weapons and equipment when they fail an upgrade or Enchant. All we got to do is a lengthy process that would be better to scrap the item.

The Bad:
You see those materials? Good luck.
What can be changed:
- Materials needed change, Or is it the Dev's way of saying "USE PROTECTION, LOL"?

Issues still not fixed:

1. Partners still are unsummoned in raids-Perhaps we are in the area during Commerce and getting them forcibly unsummoned is inconvenient, seeing that William gives us bonuses.
What Needs to be changed:
- Allow Partners to be active during raids, or allow Partners to be summoned during commerce.
- Potentially allow Pets to be summoned. Who's idea was it to unsummon pets?

2. So far, I've seen Yeti has only suffered from a glitch - Yeti can get stuck by trees and become untargetable.
What needs to be changed:
- Have Yeti teleport to his spawn location after not being attacked.

Thank you for reading.
Sherri

Comments

• SpeedCowSpeedCow
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,130
    I'm not a huge fan of the chat spam that occurs whenever a scheduled raid is about to happen, would be nice if they could tuck that away somewhere or make it a setting. I'm sure the menu where you get the dungeon guide and traveler's guide could have a new tab for raids that'd just list all the ones in the hour + a button to teleport to them.
    Sherri
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    So more updates.

1. So okay, my commerce partner didnt get unsummoned when I stumbled on the Black Dragon. Not sure if it's consistent. That's good.

2. What I'm asking is... What part of the player base they pondering this update for? This isn't helping mid-game players.
    The Bad:
    - Mid game players cannot solo the 1st generation raid bosses anymore.
    - The Desert Dragon, Prairie Dragon, and the White Dragon Transformations are now harder to get, even though they spawn periodically now.
    The Badder:
    - Some players has to kill these bosses on a certain time when most of the player base are asleep or inactive. Maybe we can't find a crew. Maybe we can't damage it well but can farm contribution.
    - Maybe the player base doesn't want to kill this raid boss at this time. Maybe I want to kill it so I can get the coupons.
    The horrible
    - Oh. My. God. The freaking HP regeneration. This ponders to the late gamers that mid gamers has to either leech off from the rewards, because there is NO WAY that someone who has okay to average reforges and equipment that can handle the HP regeneration. I looked at my damage- NO HP DECREASE UNLESS I USE EXPLOIT WEAKNESS or METEOR. I checked another player's equipment- God Tier reforges. Able to take HP off before he vanished to the wilds.

Thoughts:
    I have three suggestions they can fix raids:
    - They could've kept the raids what they are and implemented the coupons.
    - Nerf the HP regeneration.
    - Raid bosses should have dynamic stats. Increase it's stats for how many players are on the zone and actively moving.
    Sherri
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    My god. So I love the fact that they finally made the raids more frequent and easier to get to...but the instakill zones and literal PLAGUE is just...so god awful. I'm not mad at them making the monsters regen...these monsters are not MEANT to be solo'able, so it makes sense. Although I do think a smaller, instanced version that doesn't give the pity coupons and has worse drop-chances would be nice for those mid to end-gamers who don't want to deal with waiting for others. Ultimately my biggest gripe apart from contribution loss on death is JUST the new plague and instant-kill mechanics simply because they are just...AWFUL to deal with. You're in the middle of a meteor cast and animation locked when the circle appears? Hope you like tasting soil my friend! You got the raid equivalent of the bubonic plague because someone died or the boss targeted you? Have fun wasting rez items or hoping to be noticed! It's legitimately awful, and I cannot imagine what herculean leap of logic made ANYONE think this was a good idea. Giving it regen, boosting its stats and health and the like was fine...instakill and hard-to-avoid death mechanics are NEVER a good idea in ANY game.
    Unpayed wrote: »
    Thoughts:
    I have three suggestions they can fix raids:
    - They could've kept the raids what they are and implemented the coupons.
    - Nerf the HP regeneration.
    - Raid bosses should have dynamic stats. Increase it's stats for how many players are on the zone and actively moving.

In regard to this...I do think raids needed changed. As I've said, I love them making them more frequent, easier to get to and the like. I especially like the fact that they are not solo'able anymore. I cannot tell you how many times I tried to make it to a spawn only for 1 or 2 people to nuke it while I was slowly running to the location because my pets are unsummoned in a MASSIVE field around the boss. The new regen and stats ensure that it must be a group effort and provide for more time for people to get in on the contribution which is great.

If it weren't for the plague and instakill zones...I don't think I'd have any real complaints. Altogether it seems great. It'd definitely be nice to be able to teleport from the travel guide, I'd love to see the contribution loss on death abolished, and I think it'd be nice to see a nerfed instanced version for players who wanna solo grind a boss...but otherwise, this is a great improvement for the game and for ensuring a certain level of community engagement.

• UnpayedUnpayed
    @Kagernokami:
    1. These death areas are annoying, it's as if the devs were like:
    "I don't know how to make these guys stronger without revamping them."
    "How about just add a new instakill zone ability?"
    "PERFECT"
    *Hi fives*
    1a. is Midgame to End Game? Okay seriously. I'm stuck using the CRKs and the Tribolt/Celtic Staves and cannot advanced any further without the use of reforges (More of that another time) HOW THE (EFF) AM I GOING TO GET TO THE LEVEL OF THOSE GAMERS WITH GOD TIER DAMAGE RATES?!?
    1b. Of course we're not supposed to solo it. But when you're with your guildies, friends, and this combined effort STILL doesn't move the HP bar? What are you smoking, devs? Somebody, get this dev and kick them in the nads. You're not helping the Midgame community.
    2. I don't know what's worse. The frame issues even with a good PC or the contribution speed.
    3. The raid changes makes the White Dragon Transformation to near impossible to earn. Would support instanced versions of these raid fights to make it easier for the less fortunate to earn them.

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    yeah . . . . . dying from Impending Death sucks... piles of unused Nao Soul Stones get put to use, maybe that was the thought process I don't know

Favoriting Synthesis recipes is great, but indeed, why was the old UI taken away? it feels weird to have to repeatedly click a specific function within that really slim box. I'm using the oven for Fragmentation purposes most of the time, so I have to do this multiple times.

Another bad aspect from the quality of life update is... the Bangor Moon Gate is practically underneath the Morva Aisle one on the map. :/ Some spacing between the two would be reaaalllylyyy great.