Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Eirawen mouth bug

AmyliaCJAmyliaCJ
Mabinogi Rep: 2,295
in Bugs and Glitches
After looking for a thread mentioning it I didn't find any, so here is what I've seen;
(a)I'm currently doing G16, the first time I met Eirawen, her mouth was replaced by an eye texture. I am now at the end of the generation and can say that this wasn't a one-time occurrence as I've had this glitch on her every time she seemed to be doing her "neutral" expression as her "blushing, angry, etc" expressions were fine.
(b)So I'd say to recreate the bug maybe just talking to Eirawen would do the trick? I haven't spoken to her outside of G16 yet so maybe it's strictly bound to that generation in which case to trigger it you'd need to do the generations quests.
(c)As to what I expect to happen instead of this (kinda creepy) glitch would be her to have a normal mouth hahaha

The character experiencing the glitch was Yuzufei from Nao.

5fQuJDh.png

Comments

• ChibiKikaChibiKika
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    Necroing this because it still happens 8 months later and I didn't see any mention of it in the latest patch list.

Q0zLro7.png

As mentioned in AmyliaCJ's OP, this issue occurs on a specific Eirawen sprite/expression, one commonly used during G16. If I had to guess, there's supposed to be a miniature icon representing her mouth that gets switched with that of her right eye (also a miniature icon for blinking and other expressions) in the coding.

The issue seems limited to Generation 16: Macbeth. I verified with a character who had already completed the storyline in question and this issue does not occur when interacting with Eirawen. (That being said, having completed G16 before this became an issue could have had an effect on its occurrence).

Also, Eirawen's mouth may appear normal at first but then will change upon her blinking:

As all Chapter 4 Generations are not replayable, the reoccurrence of this issue (and I would assume the priority as a result) is low. It may occur during G19: The Divine Knights but I won't know for sure until I revisit it (and even if it does, G19 is also not replayable).

IGN: Haibyakuhana of Erinn server
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Looks like a resource problem. It should be easy enough to fix, if they bother to give it enough priority.
  • deskbotdeskbot
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,090
    edited March 29, 2023
    Sorry for once again adding to an old post, but it's happening to me too. This is my only active character, and so I'm going through G16 for the first time on my account. The same conditions as all the above posts apply.
    IGN: Fawaris (Erinn server) (for what it's worth?)

mabinogi_2023_03_29_213623.png