Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please make advancement arena 'failures' not count

EdethaEdetha
Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
edited January 1, 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello.

So, every day, each player gets 2 advancement arena test attempts.

If you entirely fail a test, it doesn't count against the advancement arena attempts. This makes sense, and I like this.

However, passing a test, but not passing well enough to matter causes you to still take up the daily attempt.

This is only a concern for going to Dan2 and Dan3, as Dan1 doesn't care about how well you did on the test.

To explain a bit more:

To go from Dan1->Dan2, there are two requirements which must be done twice each.

1) Pass a dan test.
2) Pass a dan test with at least rank S.

Finishing the second one will always also accomplish the first. So the first may as well not exist. So basically, I need to just pass two dan tests with rank S.

If I totally flub a test, it doesn't count towards my goal OR my attempt limit.

If I get between 7000-9000 points, it doesn't count towards my goal, but DOES count towards my attempt limit.

If I get 9000+ points, it counts towards my goal and my attempt limit.

This means, the WORST thing I can do is do -almost- well enough to qualify.

This is counterintuitive. There should be no point in time in which I am closer to my goal if I perform worse.

Comments

• UnpayedUnpayed
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Agree. Some of the Dan Tests are too RNG (Getting critted, reliance of Crits) and there are SO MANY TIMES I FAIL BY SCORING AN "A".

Looks, it's not my fault that the RNG made that Gremlin activate H.Stander and resist the Danned Skill!
    Thank goodness for those Arena coupons though.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    definitely agreed, we should be able to attempt dan tests as many times as we want until we actually reach a goal
    the big reason i'm avoiding most dan tests is BECAUSE of this, i don't want to stress myself out over failing because i couldnt get a dam crit or something activates heavy stander and ruins my attempt :neutral: