Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

"the Tank" Title

DazemaDazema
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in General Chat
I've been trying to get the title "the Tank" for around 3 hours. I have tested every method I could think of, to the point of genuinely thinking its a bug. I posted a ticket and they responded telling me to keep trying and I don't know whether its random chance (which after the amount of deaths I've went through I doubt that's the case) or if it's the wrong method/bugged. https://youtu.be/O1wdaMRBUE0 This is the video I sent with said ticket. Does anybody have information to confirm or deny that these methods work?

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    You may have gone to wiki already, but if you feel that you haven't tried the below already, try again.
    Methods may have changed over the years.

57 the Tank
    Hint Description: In a party, a mage or archer needs someone to tank the enemies while casting a skill or shooting an arrow. Are you willing to sacrifice yourself for the sake of others?
    Hint Requirement: Enter a dungeon as party leader?
    Description: This title has been given to you for taking the enemy's attacks to protect your party members.
    Requirement: Get unconscious from a monster which was targeting a party member
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    You know how if you attack an enemy that's currently running towards someone else, planning to smack them with a basic attack?

You need to intercept that attack with your own attack, and take a hit because of it.
    And the hit you take needs to knock you out.

Hitting an enemy's counterattack doesn't fulfill this title's requirements.
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    You know how if you attack an enemy that's currently running towards someone else, planning to smack them with a basic attack?

You need to intercept that attack with your own attack, and take a hit because of it.
    And the hit you take needs to knock you out.

Hitting an enemy's counterattack doesn't fulfill this title's requirements.

I think it works better if facing enemies that have area damage right?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Huh... I got this title easily when i was newbie. I have been always tanky person so i have a tendency to charge at anything. I remember getting the title when an enemy was aggroing my friend and i just took a hit for them because i just went basic attacking and died. Lol.
    Greta wrote: »
    Huh... I got this title easily when i was newbie. I have been always tanky person so i have a tendency to charge at anything. I remember getting the title when an enemy was aggroing my friend and i just took a hit for them because i just went basic attacking and died. Lol.

I got that as a newb too.
    I think I got it running early generation final dungeons. Charge at anything while on super deadly and lagging.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I remember getting it. I was using a bow and arrow in a dungeon. Someone was being chased by a troll with smash loaded, and headed to my position. They go to where I was before the troll caught up to them and use its smash. To my horror, I realized I was caught in the path, and I screamed "Yamete, you son of bi-!!!" while I swore I heard the troll utter "Omae Wa Mou SHINDEIRU!!!"
    Lialin
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 15, 2019
    use a pet. Or use a human partner. Or if U have active ingame friends...they'll work too.
    IzPI4vk.gif
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited January 16, 2019
    This was the first title I obtained when I entered the game. I forgot to follow the beginning quest line and entered Alby Inter 4 immediately with a group. Pretty much hunted and gained passes to do Alby Inter 4 the first day of open beta.

Usually you have to take damage with the person you're protecting. Kind of like a failed windmill spam. It's been quite a while, but usually most ppl obtained the title from various runs where ppl actually can be knocked unconcious. You're probably better off just doing your higher runs passively obtaining this title.

Sadly most generations and the populice want more content to be solo as partying is nearly non-existant nowadays.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

I think I got it running early generation final dungeons. Charge at anything while on super deadly and lagging.

Mine was in Shadow Mission. Either Fomor Attack, Sulfur Spider or Other Alchemists, because i remember being in central large room when that happened. I think i got killed by Shadow Fighter lol. Weird how much details i remember.
    Kensamaofmari
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Hint: you will only get it when you're not even trying to get it
    GretaGaby5011KensamaofmaripawcalypsePlatinaKoki
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Get yourself into deadly and have a giant friend taunt some golems in other alchemist. You should die to their stomps if you keep running around them.

Mine was in Shadow Mission. Either Fomor Attack, Sulfur Spider or Other Alchemists, because i remember being in central large room when that happened. I think i got killed by Shadow Fighter lol. Weird how much details i remember.

Somehow I find shadow fighters more annoying than shadow warriors. Idk why.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    You may have gone to wiki already, but if you feel that you haven't tried the below already, try again.
    Methods may have changed over the years.

57 the Tank
    Hint Description: In a party, a mage or archer needs someone to tank the enemies while casting a skill or shooting an arrow. Are you willing to sacrifice yourself for the sake of others?
    Hint Requirement: Enter a dungeon as party leader?
    Description: This title has been given to you for taking the enemy's attacks to protect your party members.
    Requirement: Get unconscious from a monster which was targeting a party member

In other words, go to raids in parties and PLAY the game. This is not a title for solonogi.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 16, 2019
    Protip: Dorcha conversion is ur best friend.
    Kensamaofmari
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    ??? Thought any shadow mission boss using lifedrain was. -shrugs- what do i know.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited January 16, 2019
    I got that title the same time I got "who experienced death" and "who transcended death". It was from fighting Glas or some boss if I remember correctly.
    I didn't plan on getting any of those titles, it may happen when you least expect it.
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    I got that title the same time I got "who experienced death" and "who transcended death". It was from fighting Glas or some boss if I remember correctly.
    I didn't plan on getting any of those titles, it may happen when you least expect it.

Glas was an enemy that was used to get those titles.
    I believe I got mine from Glas too. Was on 1000 deadly before dying.
    pawcalypse
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Julie wrote: »
    Hint: you will only get it when you're not even trying to get it

That's how I got it.

Years ago.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Counter doesn't count. At all.
  • XatheXathe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,295
    Join a production party on channel 1 while inside the Baltane Mission "Nowhere to Run" on any difficulty, and then die to any of the mobs inside. You'll unlock the tank title.