Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Guild Revamp (We NEED Guilds to be worthwhile)

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    i think that guild title event we get every so often is a good step in the right direction, but i agree that there could be more added
    a personal giant homestead that guildies can decorate and hang out in would be really cool
    i'd think of more but it's almost 5 AM and i'm really tired :sweat_smile:
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Sherri wrote: »
    i think that guild title event we get every so often is a good step in the right direction, but i agree that there could be more added
    a personal giant homestead that guildies can decorate and hang out in would be really cool
    i'd think of more but it's almost 5 AM and i'm really tired :sweat_smile:

I'm not so sure about the idea of a guild homestead where everyone can work on it. I admit it does sound good ... on paper ... but I can't help seeing it as an obvious source for drama.
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,135
    Personally I like the idea of either a collective homestead or like a build your own guild castle kinda deal. Giving and taking away permissions to build would be a must have tho of course to limit chaos.
    DDSN
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    Never gunna stop bumping this. :U
  • HelsaHelsa
    It was only 4 days old; huh?
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    4 days is too long. U_U
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    WHY IS THIS STILL NOT A THING THO
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    maybe set up a room-like system? have a big courtyard that only guild leaders/co-leaders can edit and have each member their own individual room? add like an elevator or a staircase and when you click on it, it'll give you a list of rooms you can visit (with a search function too, since guilds can have so many players in them and all)
    Chewbarka
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    Sherri wrote: »
    maybe set up a room-like system? have a big courtyard that only guild leaders/co-leaders can edit and have each member their own individual room? add like an elevator or a staircase and when you click on it, it'll give you a list of rooms you can visit (with a search function too, since guilds can have so many players in them and all)

That would be a nice way of doing it. FFXIV does something similar and that was always cool
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,865
    Oh? Are we proposing guild things that can be stolen from Critically Acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV with it's free trial that goes up to level 60 and includes the entirety of A Realm Reborn and award winning expansion Heavensward?

Honestly, just steal it all:
    Give ranks more meaning & permissions
    Allow customization of guild hall similar to the Free Company Housing along with all of the benefits that come with that such as air ships & submarines, places for gardening, member dorms, add a way to display guild achievement trophies, maybe fishing tanks for rare catches (or something similar to this). Basically, make it a place to hang out.
    Allow a listing for guild halls similar to the way that Wards in FFXIV are structured (Honestly this would be cool for homesteads too--Kinda have an idea related to that, but I will post it in another thread)
    Allow your Guild to align to a territory or something, similar to FCs being aligned go Grand Companies
    When joining a guild via guild stone, just have a bigger panel for information. Our current one is tiny and has barely any space to write more than a few lines. Put things like the guild's focus viewable through icons and what not.

Honestly I don't even know that much about guilds in Mabi to even contribute more suggestions past those, because I don't remember what exactly we have other than a robe and the ability to have a title or something now? Otherwise I'd give more suggestions? That's how forgettable guilds are. Like, I've been playing for years and years and in all honesty I think I've used the guild hall twice in one guild I was in and that's it. I own a guild currently but I see no point in even putting up my guild stone yet alone doing anything to grow my guild outside of my group of friends who (checks notes on hand) log in maybe when they're bored when they've run out of things to do in XIV. Basically, idk, give incentives for me to have this stone other than it just sitting outside of Dunby. ATM I just have a name ontop of my head and like... thats it. And I personally think it's pretty bad that guilds have been a system in this game for so long and yet as someone who's played since around 2012 can't even remember the systems. Hell, I quit Maplestory ages ago and I could tell you all of the benefits that they added to guilds. Maybe steal from Maple. Things like free guild potions & buffs are nice (I mean, XIV also has the latter and it's a good system)
    SherriChewbarka
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    mintiel wrote: »
    Oh? Are we proposing guild things that can be stolen from Critically Acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV with it's free trial that goes up to level 60 and includes the entirety of A Realm Reborn and award winning expansion Heavensward?

Honestly, just steal it all:
    Give ranks more meaning & permissions
    Allow customization of guild hall similar to the Free Company Housing along with all of the benefits that come with that such as air ships & submarines, places for gardening, member dorms, add a way to display guild achievement trophies, maybe fishing tanks for rare catches (or something similar to this). Basically, make it a place to hang out.
    Allow a listing for guild halls similar to the way that Wards in FFXIV are structured (Honestly this would be cool for homesteads too--Kinda have an idea related to that, but I will post it in another thread)
    Allow your Guild to align to a territory or something, similar to FCs being aligned go Grand Companies
    When joining a guild via guild stone, just have a bigger panel for information. Our current one is tiny and has barely any space to write more than a few lines. Put things like the guild's focus viewable through icons and what not.

Honestly I don't even know that much about guilds in Mabi to even contribute more suggestions past those, because I don't remember what exactly we have other than a robe and the ability to have a title or something now? Otherwise I'd give more suggestions? That's how forgettable guilds are. Like, I've been playing for years and years and in all honesty I think I've used the guild hall twice in one guild I was in and that's it. I own a guild currently but I see no point in even putting up my guild stone yet alone doing anything to grow my guild outside of my group of friends who (checks notes on hand) log in maybe when they're bored when they've run out of things to do in XIV. Basically, idk, give incentives for me to have this stone other than it just sitting outside of Dunby. ATM I just have a name ontop of my head and like... thats it. And I personally think it's pretty bad that guilds have been a system in this game for so long and yet as someone who's played since around 2012 can't even remember the systems. Hell, I quit Maplestory ages ago and I could tell you all of the benefits that they added to guilds. Maybe steal from Maple. Things like free guild potions & buffs are nice (I mean, XIV also has the latter and it's a good system)

Well said. I don't understand why the guild system has been THIS barebones for over a decade now. Why does it even exist if it's borderline pointless? IT NEEDS SOME LOVE
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited March 5, 2023
    So, how about this: rather than a guild homestead, have a guild town. Each guild makes their own town, These towns replace the "market places". No one uses them anymore anyway. The guild towns would be like the guild hall, everyone's are in the same location but you enter your own version of it. The castle stays and acts like it did when a guild could be in charge of it. There are four market places so either allow making four towns, or make each location have a unique set of advantages and disadvantages.

EDIT: Ooo I just thought, all market places ARE the same town, so you can exit all over the map!
    Chewbarka
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    I just want guilds to be more than just a name above your head. :<
  • PeadrianPeadrian
    Mabinogi Rep: 945
    Chewbarka wrote: »

they already are! you also get a chat room and an ugly robe no one ever wears anymore! seriously though even something small like +5% exp for each guild member in a party with you, or letting the guild robe be any robe item that the guild leader chooses for example Guild1 decides they like the lava cat robe so they make their guild robe a black and pink lava cat instead of the random colored ugly robe, updating the guild quests would go a long way too, 40k for killing a banshee is the most lucrative/advanced one and thats chump change for an easily soloable dungeon now. guilds feel like they were "fine" for a long time and now they need a whole revamp to make them worthwhile again so they get pushed off again and again since theres nothing "wrong" with them
    Chewbarka
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    Peadrian wrote: »
    Chewbarka wrote: »

they already are! you also get a chat room and an ugly robe no one ever wears anymore! seriously though even something small like +5% exp for each guild member in a party with you, or letting the guild robe be any robe item that the guild leader chooses for example Guild1 decides they like the lava cat robe so they make their guild robe a black and pink lava cat instead of the random colored ugly robe, updating the guild quests would go a long way too, 40k for killing a banshee is the most lucrative/advanced one and thats chump change for an easily soloable dungeon now. guilds feel like they were "fine" for a long time and now they need a whole revamp to make them worthwhile again so they get pushed off again and again since theres nothing "wrong" with them

Yeah, they've changed almost nothing about them in the decade they've been around. Its silly, to put it nicely.
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    Someday. U_U
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Guilds are going to be updated. One notable thing is going to happen; they are going to remove guildstones.
    Chewbarka
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,865
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Guilds are going to be updated. One notable thing is going to happen; they are going to remove guildstones.

honestly an L for the mabi community because if there's one thing that keeps me sane while doing commerce & gathering, it's spotting weird guild names via the guildstones
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Ill trade guildstones for an update. They will be missed tho..
  • HelsaHelsa
    There is talk of what is coming for guilds here:

https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/163746/#Comment_163746
    Chewbarka