Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Let’s Watch the Fantasy Party!

ArcielliaArciellia
Mabinogi Rep: 1,630
Member, Administrator, Nexon
in News and Announcements
Join Community Manager Arciellia and GM Seeing as they watch the Fantasy Party showcase! Join us on our streaming platforms, Friday, June 16th at 8:00 PM PDT (11:00 PM EDT). As always, there will be giveaways throughout the stream!

The Fantasy Party is an in-person event held in Korea, and will be showcasing new contents that developers have been working on!

Don't miss out on this exciting broadcast with announcements of future update plans from the development team and Director of Mabinogi. See you Friday!

Twitch
YouTube
Twitter
Steam
Facebook
230612_livestreampromotion_940x290.png

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited June 12, 2023
    Arciellia wrote: »
    ... event held in Korea ...

How's that gonna work? We learn Korean by Friday or they learn English by Friday.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Helsa wrote: »

How's that gonna work? We learn Korean by Friday or they learn English by Friday.

Since this was announced to the NA Community at all I imagine they will have a translator over there or someone on the NA may have a translated script put together to read to us during this stream. Either way it is interesting and if this is a new way Korea is trying to be more direct with us I 100% support it. Just seems like this wouldn't be worth announcing to us at all if we had nothing to gain from whatever they are going to talk about. Maybe it will be about some kind of global release (even hearing about a Mabinogi Mobile global release would be amazing). But yeah I'm definitely not gonna miss this stream. If Korea is trying to catch our attention it likely be something worth seeing.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Negumiko wrote: »

Since this was announced to the NA Community at all I imagine they will have a translator over there or someone on the NA may have a translated script put together to read to us during this stream. Either way it is interesting and if this is a new way Korea is trying to be more direct with us I 100% support it. Just seems like this wouldn't be worth announcing to us at all if we had nothing to gain from whatever they are going to talk about. Maybe it will be about some kind of global release (even hearing about a Mabinogi Mobile global release would be amazing). But yeah I'm definitely not gonna miss this stream. If Korea is trying to catch our attention it likely be something worth seeing.

If there is something immediately or shortly of interest to NA then tha'd be great. Even if not though it's still good. Remember the surveys we filled out recently. EVERYONE called for more transparency, so it would seem they're trying to do better.
  • ArcielliaArciellia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,630
    Member, Administrator, Nexon

How's that gonna work? ...

I should have explained a bit better! @Negumiko was close - I will have my own translator with me LIVE during the stream so that we can bring as many specific details to the English audience in real time.
    I know normally we have to wait for localization or for things to be translated through players when it comes to news, but I am happy to bring everything to us as fast as we can!

I'm excited to see y'all there, too! ❤
  • HelsaHelsa

I should have explained a bit better! @Negumiko was close - I will have my own translator with me LIVE during the stream so that we can bring as many specific details to the English audience in real time.
    I know normally we have to wait for localization or for things to be translated through players when it comes to news, but I am happy to bring everything to us as fast as we can!

Awesomnal! Yer doin' a great job RCLE-ah!
    [Bone_To_Pick]
    Red heart!
    [color=red]❤[/color]

[/Bone_To_Pick]
    Arciellia
  • NegumikoNegumiko

That sounds very interesting. I am really happy our communication with Mabi KR is improving so I would definitely like to see more of these types of streams in the future. A few NA players keep a close eye on the Korean site anyway to get info about future updates and gacha sales but their livestreams are a bit more difficult to watch even with English Closed Captions. So it is nice that the information about future content is being shared more openly by Nexon. Currently it feels like the NA players have to keep a eye on what is going on with Mabi KR to get a heads up on important update and to make sure we are actually getting what they got. I feel like there has been some trust issues between the Mabi NA players and Nexon KR over the years that makes some of us feel the need to keep a eye on what is going on over there. Things have luckily gotten a lot better in recent years I think as it feels like now they are a bit more open with us. Livestreams like this could be a big help so that is why I would love livestreams like this to become a normal thing for us.

Also Arcie, you are doing a incredible job as our CM. I am impressed with how far you go to really listen the community and all of our concerns. Getting a new CM probably always worries a lot of us at first and it can be a little tough getting used to the close-knit community here but you fit in here great. Keep up the great work! I hope you stay our CM for a long time!
    Arciellia
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Unreal Engine Update!

What an amazing stream. I am also glad to see fishing will improve. There is so much to look forward to in Mabinogi now. Arcana stuff should continue as it is great for the game and while I am happy about the two new ones it wasn't the most surprising thing on the list to me. Unreal Engine eventually going into Mabinogi nearly gave me a heart attack.

Please do more livestreams like this in the future. This was so much fun and overall it gave a lot of old Mabinogi players hope that this game will get better.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Two things:
    1. Regarding the aforementioned Unreal Engine, the game characters will retain their "anime" look but with improved graphics. I'd prefer a realistic look but, for now I guess, I can live with it. Korea is right, the game HAS to modernise!
    2. The phrase "nothing is set in stone" was bandied about. Pshaw! I expect we will eventually get EVERYTHING presented. Now, it may be tweaked due to feed back from the Korean player base buuuut ... um ... m'yeah.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    I saw it and was hoping there'd be some news on G26 or reveals of the plan for what the Connachta continent would look like, maybe even with in-game visuals since it's been... 3 years(?) or so since the last chapter concluded. |:

Oh well.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    edited June 19, 2023
    Fluorette wrote: »
    I saw it and was hoping there'd be some news on G26 or reveals of the plan for what the Connachta continent would look like, maybe even with in-game visuals since it's been... 3 years(?) or so since the last chapter concluded. |:

Oh well.

It would probably be best to wait until the Unreal Engine Update is finished before releasing any new story like G26. The more stuff they add now the more game visuals they are going to have to upgrade later for the Unreal Engine update so it would just create more work for themselves adding new areas and characters. Right now there are a lot of more important smaller updates on the way like adding new Arcana, improving the Jousting Arena, and improving the Guild System.

Honestly I feel it would be better if they just focused on small updates and events and put 90% of their effort into getting this Unreal Engine Update done before starting a new really big project like another big story. If they do decide to release a new continent or are it should be after the update not before. There is already more than enough story in Mabinogi to keep a new player busy for around a year and even longer for players that like to take their time. But I am not a programmer so I may be wrong here, it just feels like this Engine Update should be top priority.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I think they can have concurrent activities as long as the code is compartmentalised. If maps require conversion then, I suspect, they'll just write some scripts to do it rather than, say, rebuilding them by-hand. No doubt there would be by-hand tweaking afterwards. At the end of the day it's just work and Nexon has employees.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Negumiko wrote: »
    It would probably be best to wait until the Unreal Engine Update is finished before releasing any new story like G26. The more stuff they add now the more game visuals they are going to have to upgrade later for the Unreal Engine update so it would just create more work for themselves adding new areas and characters. Right now there are a lot of more important smaller updates on the way like adding new Arcana, improving the Jousting Arena, and improving the Guild System.

Honestly I feel it would be better if they just focused on small updates and events and put 90% of their effort into getting this Unreal Engine Update done before starting a new really big project like another big story. If they do decide to release a new continent or are it should be after the update not before. There is already more than enough story in Mabinogi to keep a new player busy for around a year and even longer for players that like to take their time. But I am not a programmer so I may be wrong here, it just feels like this Engine Update should be top priority.

I imagine updating the visuals is going to be done in batches, not all at once.

and like Helsa said, the work can be handled concurrently. The Chapter 7 content came alongside other or shortly followed up with other updates, like the Spirit Weapon renewal, more pet content, Glyphwright Talent, etc. Considering 4 behemoth Gens were pushed out in only in two years, I'm sure the team is more than competent. The stuff I mentioned is more than likely being worked on right now and probably has been for a while. I'm a patient person; I just figured that by this point, there might be something to actually show.
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    Unreal Engine update has me all aboard the hype train!!! :D