Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Real-world In-game Advertising.

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited June 14, 2023 in General Chat
Would you like real-world companies to be able to advertise, within the Mabinogi game world, allowing potentially a huge revenue stream for Nexon if it would mean that some, or all, stuff that we have to pay for now becomes free? The details of how that advertising is presented to us I'll leave to the discussion below.
  1. Real-world ads in Mabinogi?7 votes
    1. Nope, I don't spend any money on this game anyway.
       14% (1 vote)
    2. Nope, given that choice, I'd rather keep paying for what I pay for.
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Yes, although I've never spent any money here, I know it will help Mabinogi to live on.
       29% (2 votes)
    4. Yes, I spend a lot on this game; if my addiction could be cheaper then tha'd be great.
       0% (0 votes)
    5. It depends on how the advertising is presented to us.
       57% (4 votes)

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited June 14, 2023
    Personally I just want them to sell more mabi merch in their store. Sell Mabinogi shirts, hoodies, reusable shopping bags, hats, and face masks. Let the Mabinogi players advertise Mabinogi, I certainly would if merch like that was available. Online advertising might be tough as a lot of people use ad blocks now to avoid seeing most ads on the internet. Might be worth looking in to paying a massive youtuber to talk about Mabinogi for 5 minutes. As for stuff in stores yeah it might be cool to see a Mabinogi ad on a soda bottle or some frozen pizza box or something.

There are a number of ways they could advertise the game but I feel like it would more effective if the ad was something a hundred people walk by everyday or shown in a youtube video that gets a couple hundred thousand views. Still I think the lack of actual physical Mabinogi products is a problem. I would love to actually collect more Mabi Merch to support the game and make more people aware of the game by wearing Mabi Merch in irl locations. Plus what will we really have left if this wonderful game ever shuts down? Just some old screenshots and memories? That question actually got me more interested in finding more Mabinogi stuff to collect. I hope this game outlives me but if anything ever happens to it I would want actually remember it through more than just old screenshots sitting in a folder that you check once a year to remember the good old days.
    CrimsọnNiought
  • HelsaHelsa
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Personally I just want them to sell more mabi merch in their store. Sell Mabinogi shirts, hoodies, reusable shopping bags, hats, and face masks. Let the Mabinogi players advertise Mabinogi, I certainly would if merch like that was available. Online advertising might be tough as a lot of people use ad blocks now to avoid seeing most ads on the internet. Might be worth looking in to paying a massive youtuber to talk about Mabinogi for 5 minutes. As for stuff in stores yeah it might be cool to see a Mabinogi ad on a soda bottle or some frozen pizza box or something.

There are a number of ways they could advertise the game but I feel like it would more effective if the ad was something a hundred people walk by everyday or shown in a youtube video that gets a couple hundred thousand views. Still I think the lack of actual physical Mabinogi products is a problem. I would love to actually collect more Mabi Merch to support the game and make more people aware of the game by wearing Mabi Merch in irl locations. Plus what will we really have left if this wonderful game ever shuts down? Just some old screenshots and memories? That question actually got me more interested in finding more Mabinogi stuff to collect. I hope this game outlives me but if anything ever happens to it I would want actually remember it through more than just old screenshots sitting in a folder that you check once a year to remember the good old days.

While I agree that Nexon could do more to advertise the game, what I am talking about, with this thread, is for Nexon allowing other companies to pay them to place ads in Mabinogi. So, say, you're in a dungeon lobby and there's a billboard cycling graphics of "Coke, Taste the Magic", "Ford, Built for the Road Ahead", "G.E., Building a World that Works", and so on.

• NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    edited June 26, 2023
    I wouldn't mind it if its every once in a while, and depending on how its done. But yeah, if its done billboard style and doesn't worsen lag or get in the way, I think it might even be kinda cool.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I see it as another parallel revenue stream rather than a complete revenue system. If the game was funded entirely by advertising then it would give advertisers that much more control over the game.