Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dropping Items Takes Too Long

DarkendDarkend
Mabinogi Rep: 500
edited June 18, 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions
I want to revitalize the issue of dropping items, this has been an ongoing problem for YEARS, for as long as I can remember really. This feels like a good time to bring this topic back up due to the fishing event currently going on. It shouldn't be so unbelievably tedious to drop all the unwanted fish you receive, and it doesn't have to be if new options are implemented. Years ago people came up with the method of adding the unwanted items into a bag and then un-equiping the bag so that all the items go into your temporary inventory and the excess just get dropped to the ground, so at that point you have to wait for the timer to expire for the items in the temporary inventory to be discarded. That is definitely not ideal in my opinion. I feel like there needs to be a hotkey option to click on numerous items to select and drop them simultaneously, similar to shift clicking for dropping an entire stack. or maybe an option added to the top of bags that says something like "Empty Bag" or something akin to that. I'm so tired of painstakingly dropping items one by one or having to utilize that temporary inventory method, which still involves more effort than I'd like. Implementing something like this seems seems like it would be pretty beneficial, though I don't know how hard it would be to add in the game or how it would circumvent the 8 items in a single cell issue. Open to ideas of course but it would be cool if the right people saw this.

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Agreed
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited June 19, 2023
    Add a new button in our main inventories that is basically list of different item categories like Fish, Clothes, Weapons, and Event Potions. Players could click on one or multiple categories on this list to highlight all items in that category. Next allow players to choose if they want to destroy or drop all the highlighted items (only clothes and weapons with zero durability would be selected and only the ones you get from things like fishing events. it should not highlight gacha outfits that nothing important would accidentally get deleted). We basically just need something that can highlight a lot of junk items and delete most of them with a few clicks.
    Darkend
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    They need to implement proper ctrl-select and shift-select. There are a lot of similar complains that would be made better with that.
    Darkend
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Or a click-and-drag feature like most computer UIs.
  • JonaroseJonarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    Agreed, it would be awesome if there was a type shortcut for it like splitting a stack of items or transferring items.
    Darkend
  • DarkendDarkend
    nomigid15 wrote: »

Honestly, a click and drag isn't much different than the system currently in place where you click to pick up and then click again to drop. The only way for a click and drag to be efficient, there would have to be a toggle-able option so that when you drop/drag something out of border of the inventory it would just drop the item where you were currently standing rather than how the character runs a triathlon to drop the item at your cursor.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Darkend wrote: »

Honestly, a click and drag isn't much different than the system currently in place where you click to pick up and then click again to drop. The only way for a click and drag to be efficient, there would have to be a toggle-able option so that when you drop/drag something out of border of the inventory it would just drop the item where you were currently standing rather than how the character runs a triathlon to drop the item at your cursor.

No, I meant a "click an empty spot in your inventory and drag to create a rectangular box that selects everything that touches that box, then click and drag the selected items to drop them all" kinda thing. Sorry, I guess I could've been clearer on that. '^_^
    Darkend
  • DarkendDarkend
    No, I meant a "click an empty spot in your inventory and drag to create a rectangular box that selects everything that touches that box, then click and drag the selected items to drop them all" kinda thing. Sorry, I guess I could've been clearer on that. '^_^

Ohhhh, my bad. Yeah that would be a great feature to have, though if you didn't have any empty space to begin with then I could see it being an issue, but literally anything more than what we have currently would be amazing.
    Mabinogi Rep: 565
    Coming soon™ (from KR 2023 roadmap): inventory organisation improvements (incl. dealing with trash items).

Eagerly awaiting this to help tidy up after greedy doll bags that pick up every little thing.
  • DarkendDarkend
    000 wrote: »
    Coming soon™ (from KR 2023 roadmap): inventory organisation improvements (incl. dealing with trash items).

Eagerly awaiting this to help tidy up after greedy doll bags that pick up every little thing.

Omg, how did you even find this? Everything is in Korean. The auto-translate is a little choppy but gets the message across. It's only been 20 years, about time something like this comes down the pipeline. Such good news, too bad it'll be a little while before we get this for the western version.
    Mabinogi Rep: 565
    Darkend wrote: »
    Omg, how did you even find this? Everything is in Korean. The auto-translate is a little choppy but gets the message across. It's only been 20 years, about time something like this comes down the pipeline. Such good news, too bad it'll be a little while before we get this for the western version.

Ahah, I pretty often have a little sneak-peek at what KR and JP are up to ^^

And yeah, I'm guessing maybe around September for when we see it here, since it landed in KR ~3 months ago. (Assuming ~6 months plus-or-minus some change for usual KR→NA)
    Darkend