Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Current 3mle DEF and DLS, composing for singing?

HercuniqueHercunique
Mabinogi Rep: 410
in General Chat
Where can I get DEF for the new instruments & voices since 2012 3mle 2.03?
Since its just text, can't that be posted here or is there copyright issues?
-
2012: can't Sing a scroll line while playing Lute for other lines
2023: Does that work now?
-
Wiki Says:
When composing for Song, the Song line must contain the song's tempo and volume. Song does not read Harmonies 1 and 2.
Does that mean we can use 'Melody' line to backup vocals the main 'Song' line when singing?

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,390
    edited July 20, 2023
    Hercunique wrote: »
    Where can I get DEF for the new instruments & voices since 2012 3mle 2.03?
    Since its just text, can't that be posted here or is there copyright issues?
    -
    2012: can't Sing a scroll line while playing Lute for other lines
    2023: Does that work now?
    -
    Wiki Says:
    When composing for Song, the Song line must contain the song's tempo and volume. Song does not read Harmonies 1 and 2.
    Does that mean we can use 'Melody' line to backup vocals the main 'Song' line when singing?

If you try to sing a default tune and get more than one voice then I'd say ignore that bit. 3Ml allows up to (15?) tracks (I think there's an issue with track 10 but I forget). In-game, if you want to sing and play you have to use, I think it's called, Phantasmal Chorus.

EDIT: the fourth voice in composing is just for use with Phatasmal Chorus.
  • AcuteMapleSicknessAcuteMapleSickness
    Mabinogi Rep: 460
    edited July 22, 2023
    The same version I got from the Musical Nexxus site has all the instrument I needed. Not sure which new instrument you are playing.
    As far as I know, I still can't sing while playing. The best i could do is to play instrument and have a background chorus (use fantastic chorus first and use any of the harvest, battlefield overtune bard skills). I don't think you miss anything in that area since 2012.

However, while we can only sing from the song line with our 'Song' skill, I noticed that when I was using my bard buffing skill, that song can sing with multiple harmonies. Not sure if I had bad ears or just my musical knowledge skill IRL is too low or not.