Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

PETITION: Remove the BOAT or FIX the blacklist!

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited September 25, 2023
    Cho wrote: »
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    I contributed to this on ch1 a couple nights ago.

Now I'm gonna do it more (because of this thread) and there is nothing you can do about it because they gave us these chairs. I even said on here that these chairs were going to be disruptive, they did not listen. Now I'm encouraging everyone; get one of these chairs and park it wherever you want.

jJ6oBp0.png

Boat party ch1.

6cc.png

Monkey paw

Boy I had that comment in the back of my head. You sure did not disappoint. :D

Yeah. That was close around the time those boats came out. They have lost their charm now as I mentioned. Plus people change. But apparently that's something impossible in this community, I know this all too well from personal experience from other other stuff that has gone down. People in this community don't let excrement go as if their sad pathetic little lives depended on it or something. Like that's all they have going for themselves these days. Gotta hold onto that past because that is all you have left.

I don't agree with spamming these boats anymore. What are you going to do about it?

Nothing you cheeky little bastard. :D
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 24, 2023
    Belle wrote: »
    How would you feel if someone parked their boat chair on top of your shop causing a visual buyer deterrent? That's a few shops the boats can cover up.

Well you can use ALT as I previous mentioned in THAT THREAD. The point being is that when we used to spam these boats OVER TWO BLOODY YEARS AGO we would only do it for a few hours. The perpetrators who do it THESE days do so for DAYS while burning up their video cards.

I miss boat parties when they were a fun activity that EVERYONE could join in on for FUN. This is not fun. This is ONE GUY and his alts trying to replicate the fun we used to have. I know because dude made himself known on here with that blazing new account. But hey at least someone is having fun these days. :D
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    OVER TWO BLOODY YEARS AGO

I'm just surprised you're the one making the thread. Had to double check because I remembered the Laighlinne avatar. People annoyed with the yachts expressed ourselves 2 years ago and got told to walk it off. Edit: Got called "idiots" and told to just walk through it. Who would've thought we just had to tag the CM about it? Honestly, I just stopped going to Ch1 and I see way less showoffs with big chairs.
    People in this community don't let excrement go as if their sad pathetic little lives depended on it or something. Like that's all they have going for themselves these days. Gotta hold onto that past because that is all you have left.

I hate that you can get away with insults on forums as long as you're passive aggressive about it. I'm not good at being passive aggressive. I think you're just joking but if I told someone they were "sad and pathetic" directly I'd get a warning. Also I only have like 250 posts vs your 9000. Of course I'm gonna remember some annoying moments on here lol
    ArcielliaMyutoNiought
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    OVER TWO BLOODY YEARS AGO

I'm just surprised you're the one making the thread. Had to double check because I remembered the Laighlinne avatar. People annoyed with the yachts expressed ourselves 2 years ago and got told to walk it off. Edit: Got called "idiots" and told to just walk through it. Who would've thought we just had to tag the CM about it? Honestly, I just stopped going to Ch1 and I see way less showoffs with big chairs.
    People in this community don't let excrement go as if their sad pathetic little lives depended on it or something. Like that's all they have going for themselves these days. Gotta hold onto that past because that is all you have left.

I hate that you can get away with insults on forums as long as you're passive aggressive about it. I'm not good at being passive aggressive. I think you're just joking but if I told someone they were "sad and pathetic" directly I'd get a warning. Also I only have like 250 posts vs your 9000. Of course I'm gonna remember some annoying moments on here lol

Arcie doesn't mind being @'d on here (or discord for that matter), it just might take a few days getting around to it. Katherz was the one who never really responded to being @'d or pm'd on here. (Sorry Katherz but it's true. I had better results when we had Kyrios as her substitute when she was on paternity leave).

My apologies, that comment wasn't specifically directed at you but rather as a vague entity of people (that I sometimes lovingly refer to as the illuminogi that I tend to lump everyone in with). Also post count doesn't mean crap on here dude. The forums is a tool that we use for static means of communication which is better than comments getting pushed off into the oblivion known as discord. But I feel like the forums are much more tame than discord. Everyone will rip you asunder over there. Basically it could be way worse.

I find it interesting that you were more insulted by a indirect comment than the actual direct comment of calling you a cheeky little bastard. :D

But if you feel insulted by all means report me. <3
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Arcie doesn't mind being @'d on here (or discord for that matter), it just might take a few days getting around to it. Katherz was the one who never really responded to being @'d or pm'd on here. (Sorry Katherz but it's true).

My apologies, that comment wasn't specifically directed at you but rather as a vague entity of people (that I sometimes lovingly refer to as the illuminogi). Also post count doesn't mean crap on here dude. :lol:

^Weird seeing someone edit their comment in real time. I like the first version better lol. It's all good. I just meant I'm on here less so individual moments are more fresh.

If they do something with the Yacht, that's a good start but all big chairs can be a nuisance. I've seen people drop other big chairs on the moongate, on the campfire spirit, on NPCs, on dungeon altars. I wonder how or if Nexon KR will address this but I hope they do.
    CrimsọnNiought
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Arcie doesn't mind being @'d on here (or discord for that matter), it just might take a few days getting around to it. Katherz was the one who never really responded to being @'d or pm'd on here. (Sorry Katherz but it's true).

My apologies, that comment wasn't specifically directed at you but rather as a vague entity of people (that I sometimes lovingly refer to as the illuminogi). Also post count doesn't mean crap on here dude. :lol:

^Weird seeing someone edit their comment in real time. I like the first version better lol. It's all good. I just meant I'm on here less so individual moments are more fresh.

If they do something with the Yacht, that's a good start but all big chairs can be a nuisance. I've seen people drop other big chairs on the moongate, on the campfire spirit, on NPCs, on dungeon altars. I wonder how or if Nexon KR will address this but I hope they do.

Huh between the edit time stamp and the time stamp of your comment, I figure there was enough time. :D Anyway this has always been my thing, always revising thoughts. People hate it. I don't care.

I don't want to place restrictions on lesser chairs because if we start doing that then it can cause a lot of problems and place too many restrictions on how people enjoy Mabinogi. I think we can all agree that the BOAT is the biggest most insane non-harmonious chair ever implemented in this game and it's existence in the game needs some serious revisement. That or the blacklisting function needs some major updates.
  • SammyxSmileSammyxSmile
    Mabinogi Rep: 220
    Count me in! I agree with this 100000000000000000000000000%
    ArcielliaCrimsọn
  • LurkerLurker
    I usually lurk... but I had to comment because I remember you were griefing other people, and supportive of everyone getting the boat in this thread. People asked you to stop, but you ignored them and laughed in their faces...
    https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/25000/mabinogis-chair-problem

I'm just curious why the change of heart? It makes you look like a hypocrite, no?
    d775xDk.png

• LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    The yachts don't need to be removed, only restricted. Those, and every other large "chair."

I've occasionally gone AFK on my yacht in the middle of the desert. It doesn't hamper anyone's gameplay and hopefully someone will pass by and appreciate the humor. The boat itself isn't the problem. It's certain players who use them. When large objects summoned by players obscure key aspects and features of the game, that is when it becomes a problem.

And its not just placing them over NPCs and player shops. When there are many of them summoned in a small area, they contribute to lag. I'm not quite sure how to deal with that, but considering that problem only occurs in Dunbarton, a general restriction to forbid them near shops should handle the issue.

Fortunately for me, I do most of my trading through the auction house and the issue is the worst on channel 1 (I typically play on 6). But when I do venture over to channel 1 for a look-see, the large chairs are often a nuisance.
    CrimsọnJolinar+MariNiought
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 28, 2023
    Lurker wrote: »
    I usually lurk... but I had to comment because I remember you were griefing other people, and supportive of everyone getting the boat in this thread. People asked you to stop, but you ignored them and laughed in their faces...
    https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/25000/mabinogis-chair-problem

I'm just curious why the change of heart? It makes you look like a hypocrite, no?
    d775xDk.png

Does this make me look like a hypocrite?
    Yes. But I don't care.

Can opinions change?
    Yes. Read my other comments. It's been a couple years.

Go back to your little discord dungeon with your hyena buddies.

LoomyOfPi wrote: »
    The yachts don't need to be removed, only restricted. Those, and every other large "chair."

I've occasionally gone AFK on my yacht in the middle of the desert. It doesn't hamper anyone's gameplay and hopefully someone will pass by and appreciate the humor. The boat itself isn't the problem. It's certain players who use them. When large objects summoned by players obscure key aspects and features of the game, that is when it becomes a problem.

And its not just placing them over NPCs and player shops. When there are many of them summoned in a small area, they contribute to lag. I'm not quite sure how to deal with that, but considering that problem only occurs in Dunbarton, a general restriction to forbid them near shops should handle the issue.

Fortunately for me, I do most of my trading through the auction house and the issue is the worst on channel 1 (I typically play on 6). But when I do venture over to channel 1 for a look-see, the large chairs are often a nuisance.

I don't care if you do it in the desert, just not in town. lol. Removing the chair entirely was on the table as a last resort option, however I am pretty sure we can achieve better solutions. The general consensus from players is that we just want restrictions on this chair in the main towns or at least updated blacklisting abilities to nullify chairs too. Because currently when you block someone the chair remains.

That's technically a bug that needs to be addressed honestly. Now that I think about it, didn't USED to work that way? Because I specifically remember taking group screenshots and being able to block chair users blocking the shots. So something must of happened in a past update that broke that.
  • Kite5Kite5
    Mabinogi Rep: 130
    Hello as a returning player from a 5 year long hiatus, I initially did think of the boats to be a nice addition to the chairs. However, eventually I did find the boats to be a bit invasive, when seeing 3-4 of them populate Dunbarton. So, some restrictions to the boats would be nice.
    CrimsọnJolinar+MariNiought
  • bobaliciousbobalicious
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    As a new player, seing one of these for the first time, I was suprised of how stupidly big it was. Luckily you can still see player names, and click them through it.. Or tryna look at people's stalls wouldn't have been fun.

Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    The boats are annoying and make no sense but they are virtual property so they are likely to stay. Does blacklisting make them go bye -bye?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 13, 2023
    Helsa wrote: »
    The boats are annoying and make no sense but they are virtual property so they are likely to stay. Does blacklisting make them go bye -bye?

Nope.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited October 14, 2023
    Obviously, the solution to a bunch of cruiseliner chairs cluttering up public areas is to give everyone iceberg chairs and let nature takes it course.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952u8pga1r3ugsj8j6m5pbhaqd7u0q0hc63v7fobkdk&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

King's Pepe Chair might work.

King-Pepe-Chair-Equipped-Female-Front.png
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Honestly, just fix the blacklisting feature Nexon.
    Jolinar+Mari
  • ShunklaShunkla
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,430
    edited October 17, 2023
    The harassment still continues with toxic players getting onto chairs and blocking people they don't like with their chairs. They go as far as using alts so blacklisting does nothing anyways. Can we please get a fix in the blacklist feature and chairs please.

CrimsọnNiought
  • CelticmossCelticmoss
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    I agree! Signed.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yeah...black listing feature needs to go account wise.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Yeah...black listing feature needs to go account wise.

... or even account wide