Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Muggings in Tara's back alleyways.

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Feedback and Suggestions
I was bored and decided to go explore all the back alleyways and hidden court yards in Tara. These are places that no one needs to go to for quests but are full of details and yet no one bothers; they just travel from one point of interest to another and ignore all that's in between. Then I had a thought: it'd be kinda cool if you could get mugged in them. If while there, NPC muggers could spawn and you fight them off. That's as far as my thinking takes me. Why'd you bother to deliberately try to get mugged I haven't figured out. Maybe they can actually rob you too. Maybe they take ducats so bounty hunters could go after them. Again though, why you're deliberately trying to get mugged I haven't figured out. I'd have to be some kind of reward thing other than the bounty hunter aspect. Tara having safe streets and neighbourhoods and unsafe streets and neighbourhoods might be interesting.

Comments

• NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    Maybe we can have a mugging scene in the next gens or some other side quest/event. Would be fun.

I do look around Tara sometimes and played with friends there, but I do know what you mean--a lot of people don't need to go there so won't.
  • KeichiroKeichiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    Since mugging negatively impacts any potential players, I don't really see this taking off. The idea to hide something in nooks and crannies of large cities is great though.

Maybe something like small black market dealer stalls that come and go with nice/rare things at a tempting price? Then stalking these spots would have an incentive. Maybe with a small chance for you to get scammed with a "fake" item if you don't pay enough attention to the icon or description, to keep in line with your idea of illegal shady activity.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Keichiro wrote: »
    Since mugging negatively impacts any potential players, I don't really see this taking off. The idea to hide something in nooks and crannies of large cities is great though.

Maybe something like small black market dealer stalls that come and go with nice/rare things at a tempting price? Then stalking these spots would have an incentive. Maybe with a small chance for you to get scammed with a "fake" item if you don't pay enough attention to the icon or description, to keep in line with your idea of illegal shady activity.

Anything negative can be offset with benefits. Say, you get mugged for ducats, there's a system already in place to get most of that back to you. To be sure the benefits can come with risks.

The black market, hiding in the shadows, is an interesting idea, and provides an incentive to visit the shady areas of town.