Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Borderless Fullscreen with Taskbar option

KeichiroKeichiro
Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
in Feedback and Suggestions
What the title says. Would be nice to have an option for Mabi to launch without a title bar and adjusting to the screen's size without hiding the taskbar.

I never use fullscreen in any games because alt-tabbing takes time, attention if you're swapping between more than just two windows and sometimes messes with the resolution of the whole PC. It also hides the taskbar so my only way of knowing if I have new DMs is to turn on notification sounds, which I've also had turned off for over a decade now in all of my PCs because I suffer from auditory sensory overload quite often.

Personal reasons aside, I also believe this would look more immersive than the current window mode, and would help players also prevent accidental resizing of the window at the worst moments. In general I see plenty of reasons why people would want this feature and no reasons why it shouldn't be an option.
  1. Would you like this option?2 votes
    1. +1
       100% (2 votes)
    2. Meh.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    You mean like a "maximize" option for windowed mode?
  • KeichiroKeichiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    You mean like a "maximize" option for windowed mode?

Not quite. A maximized window still has its title bar, at which point simply dragging the sides to make the window bigger can achieve the same effect.

What I mean is something that looks allmost like fullscreen, but the taskbar remains on the bottom and Windows recognizes the game as windowed rather than "real" fullscreen. It makes the game look kinda like as if it was a wallpaper, but without anything (icons and widgets) on top. I see this mode available in very few games, but it's really nice imo.
    Niought
  • NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    Yeah, I think I know what you mean. I've seen this for some games too, and I'd also like that, as I also don't play in fullscreen for those same reasons. I definitely get some issues with tugging on the boarders and accidentally resizing the game. Not to mention having to put certain things like the invi box where its supposed to be at again because it got messed up from the whole resizing thing.