Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

You know how Nexon said they'll trim the fat.

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in General Chat
Remember how last summer Nexon said they will be trimming the fat in the code. I figured this means the Elf/Giant alliance system. I just had another thought, maybe, they'll be removing or altering the house rental system.

Anyone else got any guesses?
CrimsọnRaimondo

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited January 25
    Anything that really isn't used anymore will be culled. If we were to ever have a housing system again they would need to revamp it or perhaps consider combining it with homestead housing - which was an idea I had years ago.

Basically I thought it would be a cool idea if you could host a shop in your homestead and there could be a search system you could use so you could search for items from people's homesteads that they had up for sale. I also thought it would be neat because people could showcase their wonderful and creative homesteads while increasing the functionality of them. We could even have a functional homestead prop like a shop stall that you could install for that purpose.

More reasons to encourage people to visit your homestead.

Also on top of that I've always wanted for there to be a homestead rating system. <3
    SoephieYokeimonoPectyl
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Maybe the housing channels? The only issue I could see from that is the Castles being inaccessible.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 30
    Leinei wrote: »
    Maybe the housing channels? The only issue I could see from that is the Castles being inaccessible.

We should just have guild homesteads. Everybody gets castles.
    Yokeimono
  • JuntokiJuntoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 435
    edited March 3
    Housing Channels and the housing system, Winemaking, field leasing, that gigantic tonally clashing eyesore added to Emain Macha like a cyst, Festia, that esoteric Squadron minigame 99% of players give up on, market stalls/rugs, 99% of guild-related features, Elf vs Giant, Culin Stones, Iria bridges, the Transformation skill, scheduled ships (unless they remove the 1000-or-so moontunnels and make travel an actual element of the game again), Alby Arena, Barrier Spikes, Fragmentation, Synthesis, Metal Conversion, Mana Crystalization, Boss Rush Passes, Hard mode as a separate lobby, Personas, Falias minigames, Generations 7 and 8 (could just be a cutscene), that post-g8 dragon minigame no one does, 99% of useless redundant and banal enchants, merging redundant crafting/gathering skills together...
    CrimsọnPectyl
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 5
    Juntoki wrote: »
    Housing Channels and the housing system, Winemaking, field leasing, that gigantic tonally clashing eyesore added to Emain Macha like a cyst, Festia, that esoteric Squadron minigame 99% of players give up on, market stalls/rugs, 99% of guild-related features, Elf vs Giant, Culin Stones, Iria bridges, the Transformation skill, scheduled ships (unless they remove the 1000-or-so moontunnels and make travel an actual element of the game again), Alby Arena, Barrier Spikes, Fragmentation, Synthesis, Metal Conversion, Mana Crystalization, Boss Rush Passes, Hard mode as a separate lobby, Personas, Falias minigames, Generations 7 and 8 (could just be a cutscene), that post-g8 dragon minigame no one does, 99% of useless redundant and banal enchants, merging redundant crafting/gathering skills together...

Well this is going to be fun responding to. :blush:

- I do agree the housing system/channel is neglected and antiquated. It will more than likely be culled. :disappointed:
    - Winemaking sure, but I better not lose any stats because I went through the trouble of ranking it.
    - Arpeggio Concert Hall, It was popular back in the day but it quickly lost it's allure and no one cares anymore.
    - NEXON FIX TAILCHASERS. IT'S BEEN YEARS. Seriously, how long are they going to leave it broken...
    - Hey I ranked my squires to acquire the last bit of stats you can get in-game. Every. Stat. Counts. :|
    - I agree stalls are redundant. But personal shops have always been a hallmark of Mabinogi. :D
    - Culin Stones are used for blossoming cages for Fynni Blossoming which in turn helps makes pets stronger.
    - Iria bridges are used for commerce routes. They should make them so we don't have to rebuild them every week.
    - Guilds are getting a revamp soon, in fact they are removing ALL guild stones with that update. Neat but sad imo...
    - EvG is life for a lot of players in Mabinogi. But what could be removed is Paladin vs. Dark Knight.
    - There are a lot of people who have fun with the transformation skill including myself especially while bored. :blush:
    - Yeah they could speed up the timers for the ships a tad. :|
    - Alby Arena is indeed DEAD. :astonished:
    - Barrier Spikes needs a serious update to make it relevant again BUT...It's also a waste of time to use. :tired_face:
    - Fragmentation is still very relevant, people need it to frag items to get divine minerals and other materials.
    - Synthesis for the same reasons and much more. It's how we duplicate ingots and other stuff. :open_mouth:
    - Metal Conversion...yeah you got me there. That garbage is so useless. :D But...every stat counts though...
    - Mana Crystallization, yeah I guess we can just buy crystals from Dorren. But remember, stats. :D
    - Isn't Boss Rush dungeon rankings still broken?
    - Yeah I guess we can get rid of hard mode lobbies by combining them to one lobby. Lazy...
    - Shylock's step is literally the only persona anyone ever uses if ever. :D
    - Falias Treasure Quest? Nope. That's needed for making wave sweepers and it's a gold maker.
    - Generations 7 and 8 - yeah those generations are really short. We should make them LONGER! :trollface:
    - I can one shot that red dragon for ya if you want. Just ping me with "Carry me senpai". :smirk:
    - Useless enchants - I actually wholeheartedly agree with this absolutely. There's a lot of useless enchants.
    - Which ones did you specifically have in mind? Because a lot of that stuff is needed to make stuff. Very vague...

UaQjllH.png

Question, do you even play? You got me wondering since some of the content you have mentioned is actually integral and integrated to much of the game's functionality and lore. :smirk:

P.S. If you are a completionist and want that Rano mission done let me know. The "Carry me senpai" IS required. :D
  • HelsaHelsa
    Some of these things you can't look at with end-of-game eyes. Metal Conversion, for example, is a useful skill when ranking Smelting.
  • YokeimonoYokeimono
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    Juntoki wrote: »

An in-game feudal system would be nice, especially for field leasing and such.

Would be nice if guild members get buffs or some reward/merit system for defeating field monsters and bandits near or around their castle or even "territory" (Sen Mag = Sen Mag Plains, Gairech Hills, the routes to Bangor and Emain Macha).
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Helsa wrote: »
    Some of these things you can't look at with end-of-game eyes. Metal Conversion, for example, is a useful skill when ranking Smelting.

It's redundant because you can just duplicate ore with synthesis.
  • RaimondoRaimondo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    edited March 11
    "You know how Nexon said they'll trim the fat?"

They definitely did that today.

On topic: I'd prefer if they'd just remove the limiters pressed on by outdated EvG crude.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 11
    Raimondo wrote: »
    "You know how Nexon said they'll trim the fat?"

They definitely did that today.

On topic: I'd prefer if they'd just remove the limiters pressed on by outdated EvG crude.

7223cdc8-6544-48c0-9f01-e6ae03243401_text.gif
  • PectylPectyl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    The issue is that few of these functions are ever updated to include newer content and consider the games growth, it's just put in as another thing to grind out and then left to rot, feature creep is a recurring issue with many free to play mmorpg's.
    Instead of dumbing features on top of existing features they should expand and evolve what they already have.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 29
    Pectyl wrote: »
    The issue is that few of these functions are ever updated to include newer content and consider the games growth, it's just put in as another thing to grind out and then left to rot, feature creep is a recurring issue with many free to play mmorpg's.
    Instead of dumbing features on top of existing features they should expand and evolve what they already have.

Isn't that essentially the same thing though?

When you develop an idea you improve it by adding features, especially requested ones that could be beneficial. How do you evolve and expand on something without adding? If you mean redesigning something, you're still going to use those features but in a different way.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited April 4
    I had an interesting conversation the other day about the game history, you know a walk down memory lane by a couple old grissled veterans. We got talking about the differences in the game races and about how the elves and giants used to be at war and that each other's towns were dangerous to them and so on. Some not-so-new players were unaware of this. We talked about G5,6 and how G2,3 changed to replace them. We talked about why the races can never be equal if they are different; that there will always be one that is best at whatever is of interest. With updates, the best race can change, but at any given time one will always be better at whatever. I talked about how allowing race change at rebirth would make that less troublesome. Somebody mentioned that to make that happen would require a lot of changes elsewhere in the code and I had an epiphany ... maybe a lot of this cleaning out of stuff is, ultimately, to allow race change at rebirth.