Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Arachnophobia mode....or lack thereof.

VelbaVelba
Mabinogi Rep: 435
edited February 26 in Feedback and Suggestions
I think there needs to be a much larger spectrum of what is covered by the scented bears.

So Arachnophobia mode works with the most basic spider enemies but it doesn't work for many other things such as:
When you fail in using Freestyle Jam Session is can spawn a spider.
When someone summons or transforms into any kind of spider.
Any of the Laghodessa enemies which are essentially just spiders.
(Not as pressing but when there is a picture of a Spider it also doesn't change)

I'm a bit newer to the game but I'm really enjoying it besides the spiders in this game being so realistic and the item that's supposed to help me doesn't actually help me in most cases.
The particular ones in this game are just too realistic for me to even fight them or let alone see them without being in complete distress. It makes me panic when people jam near me because if someone fails one might pop up and I wish I could join in but instead I have to leave the area or tab out.
I'm sure it's not just me who has this issue so I really hope you could do something about it. It's really limiting what I'm able to do in this game and I'm sure it's limiting for others who also suffer from arachnophobia.
KoamiMyraDollCrimsọnLiiv

Comments

• KoamiKoami
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    Please please this is huge. Players with arachnophobia already have to give up a permanent 2x2 slot in their inventory and all it seems to cover is just the most basic of spiders.

Mabinogi has an insane amount of spider types. How can a player with arachnophobia even collect transformations? Just the images in the window is too much for someone with arachnophobia and they should also be changed to match what the player would be hunting which will be the different scented bears. It makes no sense for a player to hunt scented bear spiders only to then unlock and see the icon on their screen of hunting spiders.

Only searching the word spider in the transformation dairy there are 13 different ones not including spiders that go under different names like the "T" word, multiple types of Laghodessa, and also Scorpions (which are also arachnids).
    Velba
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Just use Calm Down and then use Focus.
  • ArcielliaArciellia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,630
    Member, Administrator, Nexon
    I agree with this!! This was a big topic when the Diffuser item was first released - some users tested which mobs it did/didn't work with. I wasn't aware of some of the other situations, like the Freestyle Jam Session. It would be great if this could be improved a bit to be more encompassing!
    VelbaMyraDollKoami
  • MyraDollMyraDoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    I also agree with this. I am really happy that there is a form of Arachnophobia mode, but there is so much potential. Spiders are in so much of the game and it can stop a lot of people from being able to continue playing. They already have the item/mode, it just need to be updated.
    Koami
  • KoamiKoami
    edited March 21
    More big issues with freestyle jams, even blocking the person doing them does not help.

This image is safe because I made sure it was only snake/bat, but here is an example of how even BLOCKING the person who refuses to not do a solo freestyle jam right at the campfire spirit does not save you from the spawns...

My friend had to leave.... Even though I tried asking nicely and another user agreed they played like 6 more songs in freestyle jam mode without trying to hit the prompts with no one else joining. It gave me plenty of time to block and see if the spawns would still show on the next songs, and they all did... shame my friend had to miss out on feeding the fire because of this awful Moisturiser person.

https://i.imgur.com/SdV3QKX.png
    SdV3QKX.png
  • KoamiKoami
    edited March 31
    People seem to really not understand phobias at all and are so mean to people that have to live with them. A phobia is not something you can just turn off or get over...I wish more people would do some research if they are so uneducated about phobias to think the things they do about this stuff...

This is still seriously a huge problem and players are just awful and nasty...they claim you should "just leave" but you can't know you are about to run into it when you just log in and are at the center of Dunbarton shops just trying to look at shops...

mHZgVAA.png
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Koami wrote: »
    People seem to really not understand phobias at all and are so mean to people that have to live with them. A phobia is not something you can just turn off or get over...I wish more people would do some research if they are so uneducated about phobias to think the things they do about this stuff...

This is still seriously a huge problem and players are just awful and nasty...they claim you should "just leave" but you can't know you are about to run into it when you just log in and are at the center of Dunbarton shops just trying to look at shops...

mHZgVAA.png

A simple solution for the freestyle jam would simply be to remove spiders from them completely so they don't appear during one. There is no real reason why they need to show up for a freestyle jam anyway so why not just cut that monster out of freestyle jams. It would work out better this way cause nobody would have to leave the area to feel comfortable. Bards like to freestyle jam in public areas with a large player population to entertain others and find random groups to play music with. At the same time though you are right, phobias are serious and nobody should be told they should leave because of it.

Just add more spider types to the Portable Diffuser, make all spider transformations appear as scented bears when the Portable Diffuser is active, and remove spiders from Freestyle Jams and this issue would be solved. It is sad to see some players being rude about it in chat though. The random Bard groups I joined never acted like this, luckily in my experience most Mabinogi players are not like this. 90% of all Mabinogi players I meet are usually friendly and helpful but unfortunately even this game has few bad groups.
  • KoamiKoami
    Negumiko wrote: »

A simple solution for the freestyle jam would simply be to remove spiders from them completely so they don't appear during one. There is no real reason why they need to show up for a freestyle jam anyway so why not just cut that monster out of freestyle jams. It would work out better this way cause nobody would have to leave the area to feel comfortable. Bards like to freestyle jam in public areas with a large player population to entertain others and find random groups to play music with. At the same time though you are right, phobias are serious and nobody should be told they should leave because of it.

Just add more spider types to the Portable Diffuser, make all spider transformations appear as scented bears when the Portable Diffuser is active, and remove spiders from Freestyle Jams and this issue would be solved. It is sad to see some players being rude about it in chat though. The random Bard groups I joined never acted like this, luckily in my experience most Mabinogi players are not like this. 90% of all Mabinogi players I meet are usually friendly and helpful but unfortunately even this game has few bad groups.

Agreed! That would be a simple and quick solution that could help players with severe arachnophobia actually be able to enjoy the game and freestyle jams. It is crazy just how many dungeons in the Generation quests have Laghodessas. I have been playing with the diffuser just to test for my friend and it is so bad how much main game content would cause literal panic attacks for someone with the phobia just due to the Laghodessas alone. It also sucks to not even be able to look in the dungeon guide or transformation collection menus without seeing icons of them also not hidden. Not to mention of course the others like when a player transforms or has a pet of an arachnid. I really hope they are able to fix this soon in a way like you suggested. I hope these posts are actually looked at and considered.